It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal soldier: Pentagon eyes limb-regenerating super-troopers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Did the search with the title above.. no results, so here we go...new thread..

I am just passing on the information.. Honestly I dont think they will achieve their goals of regeneration..

The US military’s future technology division is reportedly eyeing tampering with soldiers’ genes, allowing them to go for days without food or sleep and re-grow limbs lost in battle or due to landmines.

Making a genetic super killer kinda guy...lovely.. too bad they dont try creating a species DEVOID of psychopathy, narcissism, sociopathy.. no! We must try to make a super killer. Sigh..

CLICK HERE RT News

They are mucking around with the soldiers already... like keeping them awake for a really long time..with some secret drug they made..

"It was tested by the US army on helicopter pilots. They found that after 40 hours, pilots actually had better concentration levels than if they had rested. It is much better than amphetamines, which affect decision making and have led to many so-called friendly fire incidents," he said.

If they run out of this drug, I guess they could just go straight to "bath salts" maybe... get that agressive Zombie effect to freak out the enemy as well?

The world is getting weirder and weirder... conflicts and global war.. so different than those of the past except in the suffering of the innocents..

DARPA.. mad scientist division..

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Nothing new here. The government has been trying to create a super soldier for years. Sadly enough, if they keep trying, they may succeed at some point.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Did not work out to well in the movies

The article is highly speculative and is drawing some unfounded conclusions. The article states that the US military has a interest in exploring the manipulation of genes, so are regular scientists, and the conclusions about limb regeneration and food/sleep deprivation have been exaggerated by the author.

However, i do believe that eventually, gene manipulation will be utilized and i would bet the bank that militaries would want to invest in it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Well, in Hollywoods defense,they did cast Van Damm. I was a Force Recon Marine. They actually ask for volunteers to do sleep deprivation studies, food studies and chemical enhancement studies on. Im not saying those are "super soldier" studies. But if theyre that obvious and blatant about that kind of stuff, what do you think is going on in places beyond my security clearance?
Theres more than one reason I got out. And crap like that happens to be high on the list.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Thanks for the information sir.

If possible, could you describe any other programs that you are aware of that could be considered attempts at improving the physical nature of a solider?

Before tampering with genes, i would presume they did some kind of suppliment studies, like fighter pilots GO pills.

Human physiological advancement will happen regardless, it will be interesting to see what the military spins it into.
edit on 13-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I believe George Orwell said it best..
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face...forever"

Nuff' Said

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

German soldiers during WW2 were handed Ritalin to keep them awake on the front lines

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Greetings MDDoxs, ATS Readers, Writers,

Most certainly agree that it is speculative, and yep, the DARPA folks been trying to achieve things along these lines for some time..

But in some areas, I think they have done quite well.. as in the mentioned 40 hours awake test results with some new secret drug much better than amphetamines?? Hmm.. and they recently actually made a synthetic germ, and then there was the recent human cell jellyfish thing, frankenstein meat grown in a test tube and it swam like a jellyfish when given shocks of electricity..

These are the results of publically admitted tests, etc. They may have been VERY successful in some secret areas too we will never know about?? Just a thought maybe on my part..

The article said that in some young kids, finger regeneration has happened?? Never heard of that myself, obviously VERY rare, if true, but I am not a doctor either..

Interesting input from Jay Flores as well... hmmmm... And this doesnt even touch the new attempts to BORG someone, with electronics within the body..YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! Weird eh?

It all sounds pretty inhumane and about as dark and evil intent as one can come up with to me..but thats me.

I suppose if the "ENEMY" had some of the DNA jizzed up super soldiers, I suppose "our side" would want to try and "one up" them with their own version too.

Crazier and crazier.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Agreed

They have probably been looked into this topic for the past 50-60 years. THey could just be waiting for the technology to advance to a stage where more direct manipulation of a soliders being can be accomplished.

As i said before, this type of research will happen regardless of its intended application, but as you said, if one country starts more thorough testing, another country is sure to follow.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

The article is highly speculative and is drawing some unfounded conclusions. The article states that the US military has a interest in exploring the manipulation of genes, so are regular scientists, and the conclusions about limb regeneration and food/sleep deprivation have been exaggerated by the author.

However, i do believe that eventually, gene manipulation will be utilized and i would bet the bank that militaries would want to invest in it.

Think a bit deeper on this issue. The gene work would first need to satisfy TPTB that their soldiers would be faithful to their task and not stop and say one day, "Hey! I don't care if I can regrow a leg in a week. I don't wanna do this crap for the elite and top brass."

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Read Russ Dizdar's "The Black Awakening" and Google LA Marzulli videos on the super soldiers.

Our government heads have literally sold their souls and are in the process of trying to secure ours.

Because of Russ Dizdar's work with the victims and perpetrators of "Cult Crime" he has discovered an "underground" that most people could never imagine exists. He says that these "Chosen Ones" are planning for something they term "The Black Awakening" and Russ and his team at shatterthedarkness.net... (his ministry website)

Source: heraldoftruth.webs.com...

The Aurora shooting, the Wisconsin Temple shooting, our police and military getting real edgy and crazy..........just the beginning.

And yes, six months ago I would have laughed at anyone keyboarding a reply like this.

But, it's getting pretty obvious to me that a storm is coming..............like in Stephen King's "The Stand".

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

it's not just the genes

how can anyone be so stupid to sign up
with the long history of using soldiers [and the gen. pop.]
for experiments

taken from
Global Frequency #02
copyright warren ellis and DC Comics
the moral authority of the author and publisher has been affirmed

edit on 13-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Think a bit deeper on this issue. The gene work would first need to satisfy TPTB that their soldiers would be faithful to their task and not stop and say one day, "Hey! I don't care if I can regrow a leg in a week. I don't wanna do this crap for the elite and top brass."

Please read my entire post, as i do dive into some of the issues surrounding this topic. Perhaps you looked into Van's eyes and got scared and did not continue reading

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Regrowth limbs sound like Starcraft to me and a bit scary. I have to say no for such a project like that. You either lose the arm or keep your arm.
edit on 15-8-2012 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
How do they know if the limb will regrow??? That's what I wanna know... don't answer that.

new topics

top topics

join