It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City says woman can't give free water to people in 112 degree weather......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't think this law would have any bearing on me, if it existed - I would hand out water anyways and put the letters they sent me in a nice pile somewhere.
edit on 12-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

There isn't a local source. It's not about whether or not I only read MSM, it's whether or not the story is true.

No local coverage usually means no story..

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Carseller4

There isn't a local source. It's not about whether or not I only read MSM, it's whether or not the story is true.

No local coverage usually means no story..

~Tenth

Yes I see, If the media doesn't report something, it never happened.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
in the rave days the niteclubs used to turn off the taps in the toilets so you would buy water ?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Some one on the City Council needs to propose a Resolution to make it LEGAL to pass out free water when the temperature is above say 32 degrees Fahrenheit or something.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I totally believe that this happened. For some reason, authorities hate when things are given away. Once, I was on lunch break, and a guy who was selling flowers was getting ready to close up. He had a whole bucket of flowers left over, and wanted to just get rid of them all. I asked him how much he would take for all of them, and he said I could have all of them for $5. I paid him the money, and I thought it would be nice to give the flowers away for free to help brighten people's day. Here I was giving flowers away on public property, with ladies thanking me and telling me how sweet it was, and a cop decides to come up and harass me. I told him I was not selling the flowers, but he said it didn't matter because I didn't have a license. He also told me that it is suspicious when a person just gives things away for free, and that "people just don't do that". He was rude and condescending, treating me as if I had just robbed or beat someone. He told me that I would be arrested if I did not stop, so I ended up throwing the flowers away. My day was ruined. My heart literally hurt, and I ended up crying after I told a friend about it. I thought I was doing something really nice, and here I get thanked by being harassed.

As the unfortunate lady found out, it just doesn't pay nowadays to give from your heart. It causes nothing but problems. Nice, caring and giving people are learning more and more that no good deed goes unpunished.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What Grierson doesn't know is that the FEMA camps were actually constructed just for people like him. He's a marked man now.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Dear tothetenthpower,

I hope you don't see me a a wacky, misguided, kook. But I'm a little surprised at your skepticism on this one. Compared to many other stories on ATS, this one seems rock solid.

Here is a link to a Rutherford Institutue page. www.rutherford.org... If you click on the link in the middle of that page you'll find a .pdf of a three page letter on Rutherford Institute stationery, with a blue ink signature at the bottom, requesting the city to reconsider their actions in this matter, or be prepared for court time.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
in the rave days the niteclubs used to turn off the taps in the toilets so you would buy water ?

I remember that all too well.

This is another case of profit before principle. And pigs sticking their nose in where it damn well doesn't belong. The lady should tell them to go catch some real criminals.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The REAL elephant in the room is the asshole who harrassed the woman.
This person is not suited to their job, and need to be fired immediately.....no point having somebody enforce the law if they do not understand it.
And further they need to know when not to enforce such anti constitutionsl laws made by idiot politicians for the whims of special interrest groups......There is a deep division in the personalities of authority groups and the people....time to tailor the goverment to suit us again....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by snarky412

wait wait wait! As a gas station clerk(in AZ) I am required to give people water if they ask for it...................I do not have a vendors license. We arent selling it, it's not in a company labeled cup, its in a styrofoam cup how is this any bit different?
edit on 12-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

You got me.....

I personally find this whole situation ridiculous and uncaring.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Inconceivable

What you should have done is punch the pig in the face and say "There you go, you worthless POS, now you have a reason to arrest me".
People need to do more of that to these useless enforcers, that have nothing better to do than harass people who actually work for a living.
Knock 'em cold and leave 'em on the sidewalk for the buzzards, so for once in their life they benefit something else.
End rant.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I hate reading about hillbillies... One can only hope those same people die of thirst following this headline-it just might teach stupid people to stop being stupid.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I'm sorry, Hillbillies?? In Phoenix, Arizona?? Are you referring to the same story as the OP?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Let us hope it is not a valid storyline, but then why would anyone make up such a situation?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Wow. Terrible that someone tried to stop someone from doing a good deed. Religious reasons or not, kindness should not be punished. I hope she gets her apology.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

If this story is valid - then it's a perfect example of governmental abuse and should cause an outrage. Unfortunately I've Googled it every way till Sunday and cannot verify it locally in any Phoenix news source. So I remain skeptical.

~Heff

In its small way, it is a perfect example of what we in the West (civilizations) used to think was the impossible. Today it comes to us down from a long list of mandates of the UN, the NWO and Agenda 21. Get used to it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
hold on minute...this was arizona, not exactly an example of freedom and liberty, i wouldn't be surprised if this was showing up in other manfestations of local law. this is the state that has sheriff arpaio of maricopa country, a fine example of a mini-dictator.
en.wikipedia.org...
and, along with, a governor that treated our president as if he was her "boy" wagging her finger in his face.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Arizona is such a Nazi state. Stupid little weird things like this are always popping up there, it seems like the people have pretty much given up all their rights.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Sounds like they got it fixed right away. At least that part is good news!

They were confused between giving something away, and selling something. Although, I have seen instances where the vendors present had contracts ensuring nobody else would be selling, or giving away a similar product. Imagine paying $1500 to be a vendor at a street fair, selling drinks, and then having some lady set up a few doors down giving things away for free. So, I can see shutting her down if others had paid to be vendors at a specific event, but I can't see shutting her down just for general purpose.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join