It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Been Filled With The Holy Spirit?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I want to put my story out here because I feel I cannot discuss supernatural/spiritual things with my real life friends because, like Scully, they are quick to break it down & try to give a worldly explanation of events (minus the Revelation episode, my favorite
)

I had been severely (nonfunctional, almost) depressed for 7 straight years. Terrible things happening every year. Brain fog galore, physical exhaustion, skin disorders, thyroid illness, nervous breakdown, lost jobs, DUI arrest, seclusion, severe social anxiety, debilitating depression, FBI raid of my house (long story), ridiculed by people I thought loved me, suicide-enducing loneliness, etc.

All of this was very surprising to me during the time I was going through it. I don't like to toot my own horn, but I am very aware of the good I had done in my life prior to these sudden chains of misfortune that began when Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005 up until March 2012 (getting to the story soon)

I had always lived a righteous life up until that point. I gave, I helped, I loved, I comforted, I consoled, all the things that a righteous person is to do in their life. I wasn't particularly religious once I became a teenager (I associated God & Jesus with the old smelly people at my church, I didn't want anything to do with that scene) but I always trusted in God deep down inside.

I was really discomforted at the way my life had turned out. I was always sure I would end up being a celebrity of some sort, or something that I enjoyed doing.. which was interacting with people and making people laugh. I was voted Most Witty in High School and was second running for Class Clown. (I'll take witty, thanks) It made me question why this was happening. Why was God doing this to me? What did I do to deserve all of this? I've done so much good in my life.. why am I being punished so severely?

So.. March 2012. I had always avoided any sort of substances because I wanted to fight through it naturally. I tried every herb you could think of. St Johns Wort, magnesium, Sam-E, amino acids, korean ginseng.. everything. So finally after 7 years of being nonfunctional in society and not being able to hold a job due to my severe emotional state and physical exhaustion, I began dabbling in "uppers" to get me through days. I would feel like my old self when I did them. Energetic, funny, alert, happy, inspired.. it was fake, but it got the job done.

I'm sure many of you have seen Requiem For A Dream, well, it eventually got to the point where I was like Ellen Burstyn's character. I wasn't hallucinating, but I was doing more and more.. and even added downers to the mix to make me tired at the end of the day to sleep.

Long story short, in March, I woke up in the middle of the night with a sudden jolt of my heart. I was having a heart attack. I could feel the muscles contracting back and forth in my chest. My left arm was numb and I could hardly breathe.

I began to panic. I began pacing around the house and thinking "mind over matter, mind over matter, nothing is wrong.. this is just palpitations." They would continue for 3 minutes, then stop for 2, then come back even stronger for another 3 minutes, stop for 2 minutes, and so on. I refused to go to the hospital because I didn't want any more legal trouble and possibly go to jail so I basically decided if I die, I die. I'm tired of this life. (wasn't so nonchalant at the time, but that was my decision)

30 minutes later, my heart is still pounding. I frantically decide to take a shower. Maybe the cold water will calm me down. I turn the shower on and lay down. As soon as I laid down, everything went dark. I felt my heart stop, but my brain was still going. Right then I had a huge electro-shock that jolted me off the ground. Think a defibrillator shock on someone that is dead.

I got up and began REALLY panicking, realizing just how serious this is. At this time, every electronic that I got near would begin malfunctioning. The computer screen would get static-y, the tv screen would as well.

I laid down on my bed and began praying, I closed my eyes and re-opened them, and there on my tv screen, I saw the outline face of a demon grinning at me. I felt this very icey-cold, snake venom feeling come over my whole body. It burned, but not like fire. The only way I can describe it is venomous.

Immediately I began screaming GOD SAVE ME, PLEASE. HELP ME. I'LL DO ANYTHING. I'LL BE A WARRIOR FOR YOU, PLEASE. I DON'T WANNA DIE.

About 2 hours passed at this point, and I was still alive, though extremely exhausted, shaken up, fizzly feeling all over, and really REALLY hot. Like a sunburn.

After this, the next day I decided to completely change my life around and never touch a substance again. I cleared out my entire house of anything that didn't have good energy to it. I threw away all the music I felt was connected with the illuminati (Gaga, Rihanna, Madonna, Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, etc.) I went through all my online profiles and deleted toxic people.

I really wanted to be reborn.

Well, ever since that event in March.. I've developed this magnetic feeling that is constantly flowing throughout my spine and hands. I consistently feel "tingly" all over. I can feel my hands stick to things when I touch them. My vision is ULTRA HD now with an almost 270º peripheral vision. I have a VERY strong sense of my surroundings now. I can feel people come into my "magnetic field" from up to like 300 feet away. I'll turn my head and they're there.

Now this is where the holy spirit part comes in. I've had many strange occurrences since then. Mainly a lot of encounters with strange/odd people. I have a very strong gift of "spiritual discernment" now.. and I am absolutely shocked at how many demonic entities there are walking amongst us. They are not invisible spirits that wreak havoc and cause destruction.. they are inside humans.

One of the biggest events that occurred (theres been several incidents like this since March) was when I went on vacation in May to Austin, TX. I am planning on moving there within a year and I wanted to see what it was like for 2 weeks. I was having such an amazing time. This was right after the heart attack thing and I felt really happy to be out and living life happily for once.

When I got there, every one REALLY gravitated towards me. It was almost like a hypnotic thing whenever I'd go places. Everyone would be REALLY attracted to me and be overly friendly. Like a really weird effect I had on people. After about a week of being there, instead of seeing happy smiley people places I went, I began seeing dark, scary-looking people all at once.

The big event was.. I was in my hotel, I was coming back in at about 12 AM from a 24/7 coffee shop. I came up the side stairs and saw a heavy set man with black hair standing at the elevator in the center of the hall. He had a black suitcase. I kinda looked at him from down the hall and smiled to be nice. I was unlocking my door with my back to him when I felt this HUGE zap hit against the back of my neck. I turned around astonished and saw him TAKE HIS HAND BACK from the air pointing towards my direction. In shock, I said "HELLO.." in a very scared manner and began to approach him. He frighteningly stepped into the elevator and the door shut. I didn't want to follow. I was terrified.

So, not many characters left to type but this is what has happened in the past few months.

Anyone else with something like this?
edit on 12-8-2012 by ApokalypsisRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You had a heart attack and lived, now your throwing your logic out the window assuming it was divine intervention. The holy spirit doesn't exist, it was debunked thousands of years ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

Interesting. I have been filled with the Holy Spirit but not like this experience. I think for every person the experience is individual.

Wow, that is a lot going on your life. I think though that you were aware of the choices that you made that were separate from the physical problems. I have Multiple Sclerosis and live with constant brain fog, so I understand that. I have never suffered Depression, so there I cannot relate. I think you have experienced something natural in the electric shock, because we are, after all, electro-chemical beings that cannot function without those sparks running throughout our bodies.

But the choices you made that caused you to have DUIs could have been avoided. If you experienced a demonic entity from the TV, it could have been your brain making a pattern out of random chaos. And who gets static on their TV anymore? Every channel is now on 24/7. Did this happen recently? I don't know about that one, but maybe it was one. I will take your word for it.

Sounds to me like you were struck by lightning. I have met people who experienced the same thing as you are describing. Apparently your electrical impulses may have shorted and then on reboot, shocked you. I don't really know but interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson69
You had a heart attack and lived, now your throwing your logic out the window assuming it was divine intervention. The holy spirit doesn't exist, it was debunked thousands of years ago.

How do you know? I have experienced the Holy Spirit and I am a very rational, pragmatic and even skeptical person.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Vodka, I know exists because I have tasted it and felt uplifted.....

More than I can say for the holy spirit..........that's just a load of bum poo and all the other biblical bum poo....

But that's just my thoughts......

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

How do you know? I have experienced the Holy Spirit and I am a very rational, pragmatic and even skeptical person.

Well judging by your post that's not true, your not rational, pragmatic or skeptical. God does not exist...you have no more importance in your existence then a fruit fly or a blade of grass, your life is meaningless except for the meaning you build for it. God doesn't exist and when you die..you won't exist either.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I believe that your Guardian Angel helped you; at the times you have shared with us. You are able to see peoples spiritual conditions; that is a gift; use it wisely.

What a lot of humanity does not realize is; the (bottom line) in life is; we are always in a spiritual battle between good and evil.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I believe that your Guardian Angel helped you; at the times you have shared with us. You are able to see peoples spiritual conditions; that is a gift; use it wisely.

What a lot of humanity does not realize is; the (bottom line) in life is; we are always in a spiritual battle between good and evil.

Let me break down your post.
"I believe that your Guardian Angel helped you" -God does not exist and neither do angels.
You are able to see peoples spiritual conditions" that is a gift; use it wisely"- God does not exist and neither do angels.
"we are always in a spiritual battle between good and evil."-God does not exist and neither do angels. Good and Evil is a matter of perception and relative.

So....GOOD POST

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson69

You and I can' agree to disagree.

Your reply to my post; really proves my point. I'm just saying.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Amazing personal experience(s), and I have too felt the great one raising my vibrations. Peripheral vision has helped me uncover the ability to see auras, and examine electromagnetic fields and wave lengths around me. Finding a deeper meaning in struggle builds positive karma, and connects you to your sub/unconscious mind; keep up the light work and don't ever doubt your intuition

@Hudson69 Try meditating and getting connected to your subconscious mind, because logic (left brain) cannot define the energies of the cosmos. Maybe you will realize in some lifetime we are our own god.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Sorry I must have missed what your point was when you were rambling about the tooth fairy, angels and sonic the hedgehog
edit on 12-8-2012 by Hudson69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Your negativity is quite condescending, where is your mutual respect for others? Feed your ego elsewhere, not in this microcosm

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19

Amazing personal experience(s), and I have too felt the great one raising my vibrations. Peripheral vision has helped me uncover the ability to see auras, and examine electromagnetic fields and wave lengths around me. Finding a deeper meaning in struggle builds positive karma, and connects you to your sub/unconscious mind; keep up the light work and don't ever doubt your intuition

@Hudson69 Try meditating and getting connected to your subconscious mind, because logic (left brain) cannot define the energies of the cosmos. Maybe you will realize in some lifetime we are our own god.

Yeah okay thanks bro, but some of us work for a living and have better things to do then meditate and grow our hair long.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by caladonea

Sorry I must have missed what your point was when you were rambling about the tooth fairy, angels and sonic the hedgehog

I did talk about Angels; but I did not talk about the others you mentioned. However; your sarcasm is not lost on me. You and I will never agree on this issue...moving on.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Meditating doesn't impede on working, studying, or any other worldy task. You must be pretty damn ignorant if you think your beliefs defy the laws of the universe; there is more to life than the bubble your ego built around your comfort zone.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Your negativity is quite condescending, where is your mutual respect for others? Feed your ego elsewhere, not in this microcosm

Just trying to help the human race by advocating for logic and reasoning so we can stop this fairy tale religious talk that prevents mankind from advancing itself into a modern age.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. Yay. Hah.

Another "big incident" that happened was.. I was wondering if maybe I just lost my mind and "went over the edge" and this is how a schizophrenic person views life. I know myself well enough to know what my mind is thinking, but doesn't everyone say that?

So I kinda asked for a sign if this was all in my head or what.

This happened about 3 weeks ago. I went into Wendy's at around 9:30 PM to get something to eat. While standing inside in line, I felt this REALLY bad feeling on the back of my neck again. I turn around and there's this 20-something year old guy staring at me through the lobby area window of the restaurant. He continues staring at me and I do my best to ignore it. From what I can see, he is very unkept looking and has dingy blonde hair. Heavy set.

I finish ordering and sit down at a nearby table waiting for them to call my order. He comes inside the restaurant and sets directly across from me.

Upon closer view, this guy has LITERALLY 5 inch long yellow fingernails (I'd call them claws to be honest) and was wearing a black shirt with the grim reaper on it.

He sits there staring at me. I try my best to ignore it. He then says:

"Are you gay?"
"No."
"Oh, that sucks. Who 'ya going home to tonight?"

The way he's speaking is very mocking and.. cold.

"God."
"Oh, I don't have anybody to go home to.."
"Sorry to hear that. I'll pray for you."
"Why?"
"Because it's a good thing."
"We'll see."

Then he gets up and leaves.

I was REALLY shaken up by that. Afterwards, I felt this really creepy feeling for 2 nights afterwards. Like, seeing flashes of really dark things when I'd close my eyes. Nightmares. It was like making eye contact with him put a hex on me or something.

Yikes.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Just trying to help the human race by advocating for logic and reasoning so we can stop this fairy tale religious talk that prevents mankind from advancing itself into a modern age.

You're not helping anyone here but only spreading disdain and venom. Nothing here that has been discussed is religious, your ignorance is unsuitable here; delete your profile here on ATS and go back to Facebook debates on irrational bull****
edit on 12-8-2012 by sgspecial19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Meditating doesn't impede on working, studying, or any other worldy task. You must be pretty damn ignorant if you think your beliefs defy the laws of the universe; there is more to life than the bubble your ego built around your comfort zone.

"The bubble my ego built" Go read my previous post about how no man on this earth has more importance then a fruit fly and a blade of grass, I am the one advocating that mankind (including myself) are meaningless...your are the one advocating for angels and divine intervention. You sir are the one with an ego.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

You're not helping anyone here but only spreading disdain and venom. Nothing here that has been discussed is religious, your ignorance is unsuitable here; delete your profile here on ATS and go back to Facebook debates on irrational bull****
edit on 12-8-2012 by sgspecial19 because: (no reason given)

U mad bro? maybe you should go meditate on it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join