It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71-year-old taken to the ground for questioning Paul Ryan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Annee

Have you ever made a bad joke? Said something with no malice that was blown out of proportion? The cops attempted to remove him calmly and he wouldnt go.

That is a very lame excuse for a man who is in the position to represent all Americans.

Youre right Annee politicians should be perfect all the time. This is being blown out of proportion because you dont like Ryan. Surely Biden and Obama have never gaffed.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Annee

yes I too used to vote Rep. but switched to Dem. in the 1980's and have never regretted it...

I'm still not Dem.

I am registered unaffiliated.

its too bad the unaffiliated party will never take hold in this country.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Democrat operative putting on a show.

I'd be upset also if I was 71 years old and having to rely on government.

What a wasted life.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacejosh
Ryan showed his cards on this one.his reaction was degrading and disrespectful

I think that is the major point here.

Ryan was only made official Saturday. It only took him 1 day to show his true colors.

im pretty sure this happened like a year ago. not 100% sure but someone earlier in the thread left a post that had a comment about it from 2011.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
These politicians don't have a worry in the world, they are protected by the jackboots and the unlimited amount of money of their banker puppet masters.

All the lies and deceit from this government and people are criticizing this guy for "stepping out of line" well, one day if you decide to "raise your voice" to stand up for something you think is right or wrong I'm sure there will be no short of people watching idly while the police smash you in to the ground (if you're lucky) and onlookers whispering "Hope he took his medication"

Or are you so confidant in your government that they will make everything better through passiveness and complete obedience to the state? Hah.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

What a wasted life.

this man was forced to pay social security for 50 years. what are you getting at, he shouldnt get any of that money back?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by pointr97

No, you missed the point, Ryan should have stood up for the man's right to tell a candidate what he thought. Ryan, as a candidate and elected official, should WANTED to hear what the man was obviously frustrated about.....However, his slap stick off handed comment showed he didn't know how to respond, and more importantly, a lack of concern for what the voters think.

Statesmen have turned into politicians, and when people say, 'they are just being political, they are just being political'....how many times have you heard that 'politics' used as a negative term, it is a negative term but the people who use it most are politicians. We need statesmen, we need people elected by the voting body that REPRESENT the body and act in their favor.....not these half wits with cute faces that come from money who don't care about anyone besides their own well being and their agenda.

Kudos to this old man for retorting what Paul was saying, can't believe he allowed the cops to debate the point the man was making by just removing the issue, not actually addressing it.

Bingo!

Regardless, this man SHOULD have been allowed to speak ! Politicians work for US, not the other way around. Too many times, the little voice isn't heard, among the sea of Partisan voices. He obviously, has seen this happen, and was going to use his moment. Ryan, should have said, hold on, I will let you speak. He didn't. He should have told the Police, to hold on also. He could have, and should have, if he respects ALL the voices, he represents.

I said this same thing in an earlier post but then I thought again...We only see a small snippet of this video so how do we know whether Ryan actually engaged with this man or not? This Nielsen fellow could've been heckling him for a while and Ryan may have tried to answer his questions, who knows? We DO know that alot of videos are selected for the juicier parts and posted online, eliminating the real stories.

I am not defending Ryan and I am actually a Ron Paul fan but I would like to know more about what happened here.

Again, it was in poor taste to make the 'blood pressure' remark. Ryan should've been the better man here.
edit on 12-8-2012 by texasgirl because: Clarified a sentence

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Have you ever made a bad joke? Said something with no malice that was blown out of proportion? The cops attempted to remove him calmly and he wouldnt go.

That is a very lame excuse for a man who is in the position to represent all Americans.

Youre right Annee politicians should be perfect all the time. This is being blown out of proportion because you dont like Ryan. Surely Biden and Obama have never gaffed.

Wait, so it's ok for politicians to make and deal with it in this manner as long as its just once in awhile? When you get into these positions you pretty much need to be perfect. He wants to represent the people and deals with it in this manner? He just started getting the spotlight and this is the of crap we see? I don't even want to know what happens when he gets comfortable!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by acidsweep

This happened a year ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by elitegamer23

Does that make it OK for this guy? I felt the same way I do about this. He should have been removed.
right and he should show them zee paperz zee paperz.why should he be removed what gives one man the right to speak, without a rebuttal?news reports and press conferences, are not an exclusive alternate realities, just because there are mics and cameras rolling is in no way license to censor free speech. we should be free to speak to who we want to, where we want to, when we want to, politicians are just people we have been conditioned to think they are on some pedestal. but, they are no better than you or I and, have no more right to censor speech than you or I do.
granted, he did do it in an unruly manner but you can understand his anger cant you?if not you have some serious reflecting to do.
edit on 12-8-2012 by spacejosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The worst part of this is all the goddamned cowards that stood by and watched hired thugs take him down for speaking his mind. That is why America is in trouble to few with any backbone anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

still doesnt change anything.

i really dont see paul ryan making many speeches about cutting social security or medicare in front of a bunch of older people anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

What a wasted life.

this man was forced to pay social security for 50 years. what are you getting at, he shouldnt get any of that money back?

Thanks for pointing out the MAIN problem!!!!

Government confiscation of hard earned money without consent is the whole problem.

I never agreed to hand over money to the government for retirement, when I can handle that much better than government can. What if I wanted to retire at 50? You think the government will distribute that money back to me at that time? After all it is my money, "shouldn't I get any of that back"?
edit on 12-8-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It could have happened 5yrs ago and it wouldn't make a difference. It just shows this guy has held an office position for longer than he should have.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Why would they help him in disrupting the speaker they paid to see?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Hmmmm - - - was gonna look it up - but took a chance.

Still doesn't change anything.

All the skeletons are gonna come out now.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

What a wasted life.

Thanks for pointing out the MAIN problem!!!!

Government confiscation of hard earned money without consent is the whole problem.

I never agreed to hand over money to the government for retirement, when I can handle that much better than government can. What if I wanted to retire at 50? You think the government will distribute that money back to me at that time? After all it is my money, "shouldn't I get any of that back"?
edit on 12-8-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

well i hope you dont like your money going to buy bombs and guns and tanks and fighter jets. complain about your money going to the things that kill people first, then complain about your money going to things that help american citizens second.

we are just going to derail this thread so ill stop at that.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ryan will fit right in along with the rest of the criminal politicians in DC

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You and others have implied this happened after he gained national attention. It happened a long time ago. Merely plointing it out.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Here's when this particular video appeared -

Uploaded by WiscJobsNow on Sep 7, 2011
LINK

This was at a $15 per ticket event for Ryan. It doesn't appear to me this was during a question and answer session. The guy was disruptive, shouting over the speaker. 17 or 70, that's sufficient cause to be removed from the venue.

If he wants to have his own event, free or otherwise, and go on about Ryan, that's his right. Ryan has a right to speak, too, and the people who were there deserve to hear him.

You start letting every wackadoo with an opinion disrupt and interrupt every public event on their whim, and no one ever gets to hear anyone say anything.

All he had to do is sit down and shut up. It's apparent to me he had no intent to do that. It also looks to me like the security who was there used no more than the amount of force necessary to get him out of the room and off the premises. He got what he wanted, and what he was there to do: get attention and slap a negative rap on Ryan as evidenced right here in this thread.

Act like a disruptive fool, be treated like one. And honestly, the thing that troubles me the most is that everyone doesn't see that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/12/2012 by yeahright because: BB Code

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join