It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71-year-old taken to the ground for questioning Paul Ryan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I guess this sets the tone for what we should expect. Are we really surprised? The old man didn't exactly use tact by expressing his view, but I can understand the frustration he is feeling to watch everything you work for get pissed away and they don't care. They (both sides) just don't care about anything other than staying in control.

He was not aggressive, just loud, Paul could have done a bang up job at resolving the situation by actually communicating with the man and listening to him, but no, let us make an old joke at his expense.
edit on 12-8-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

+43 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
and paul ryan makes a joke about the man age saying, " i hope he took his blood pressure medicine".

haha so funny my ryan.

its a shame what our country has become.

i hope the older citizens get pissed off at the republicans finally.
edit on 12-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

its just going to get worse if we dont do something about it instead of discussing it heavily on the internet

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have seen a few comments around that romney is playing the 'not a chance in hell' candidate......The Rep's have always relied on the older community voters. Why would they go pissing them off now? Is he trying to loose?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

its just going to get worse if we dont do something about it instead of discussing it heavily on the internet

Agreed, but minus forceful interaction, we are screwed. I believe in the ballot box, but it doesn't seem as if they give us any real choice, and yes I don't believe a 'good' option would ever make it to the final showdown. I hate to say it, but we won't get real change till the economy collapses, and the population rises in response

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I watched the video and it looks like they took him away before giving Ryan a chance to respond. The blood pressure remark was in bad taste, though. AND he could've stopped security to listen to what the man had to say. Oh, dang, Ryan...

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I watched the video and it looks like they took him away before giving Ryan a chance to respond. The blood pressure remark was in bad taste, though. AND he could've stopped security to listen to what the man had to say. Oh, dang, Ryan...

Absolutely, Paul, 'No guys, stand down, let him speak, i would like to hear what he has to say.'

Or better yet, 'Sir, I really want to hear your concerns, could you lower your tone a bit, here is a microphone so we can hear you without you feeling the need to yell. If these are your concerns, they are probably of concern to a number of people sitting in this room. ....'

'Alright Sir, I understand your concerns, and here is how I as the future VP will help you.'

We know that from customer service experience, if you listen and fix an irate customers concerns......They will not only be very happy, but you will have won them for life(or a really long time).

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
why was this man arrested?

cant you speak your mind freely in the country anymore?
at least he wasnt assaulted with a taser.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
why was this man arrested?

cant you speak your mind freely in the country anymore?
at least he wasnt assaulted with a taser.

What law did he break? Did anyone witness him actually breaking a law? It was a private venue, meaning private, so the police really didn't have jurisdiction to 'arrest' without a complaint being filed against the man.....am I wrong?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Running the scam on so many worldwide for so so long- The only way you will solve the problem is going way past left field and way out of the box.

Make everyone an auto-millionaire and change nothing to the surrounding environment. No rise in prices no inflation...Nothing.

Economics is all illusion anyway. Yes...its all FAKE and FRAUDULENT

Proposal
20 million for everyone that has a bank account whether they earned it or not.
Where will you get this?
Its all made up ,,,,you will get it from make believe land where you have always gotten it from.

Or everyone perishes.....even the demons kings gods and angels.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Meh. Joke didnt strike me as being in poor taste. I dont think it was intended as an age joke. More an anger joke. You cant have a nice little chat every time some jackaninny decides to get loud and speak out of turn. The gentleman could have waited for the Q and A and been respectful.

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Meh. Joke didnt strike me as being in poor taste. I dont think it was intended as an age joke. More an anger joke. You cant have a nice little chat every time some jackaninny decides to get loud and speak out of turn. The gentleman could have waited for the Q and A and been respectful.

do you really love the gop so much that you dont care if they kick some old guys ass and make fun of him and then arrest him for no reason at all?

edit on 12-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

They didnt kick his ass. Im not sure the legality of arresting him. I dont think you would care if Ryan was replaced by Biden and made the same joke, pretending for a moment the joke was age related. I dont love the GOP.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yes, let us counter an improper action with another....No one believes in the deescalation of tension.....I don't think anyone in this thread said the way he broached his topic was proper, we did say that a statesman should have worked the situation to a positive end.

Yes, the blood pressure joke was an age joke, why in the world would you think it was anything other than that? Flip it to a 30 year old male doing the exact same thing and the response was, 'hope he took his blood pressure meds'. everyone would be scratching their heads going, 'what is he talking about'.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hmm, I'm with Domo on this one.

No reason at all? He was being aggressively loud and boisterous, and interrupting a speech. That gets anyone taken away. Whether he needed to be taken to the ground or not is neither of our judgement to make.

That being said, his joke went over like a mild zinger. People laughed, but not raucously.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm not one to resort to violence.

But if this sh!t don't stop.

We will have to stand, rise up and chimp out.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Nothing improper about removing a nuissance.

I dunno, Ive heard people say dont have a heart attck to young people. Even if it was an age joke, lol.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

They didnt kick his ass. Im not sure the legality of arresting him. I dont think you would care if Ryan was replaced by Biden and made the same joke, pretending for a moment the joke was age related. I dont love the GOP.

im sorry but taking a 70 year old man and slamming him to the ground is kicking his ass in my mind.

i voted for ron paul in the iowa caucus so what does your biden comment have to do with me?

i do not blindly support the gop or dems.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Luke Rudkowski proved Paul Ryan had excessive protection and escape routes from the media.

Romney was chosen by the Bilderbergs, so Paul Ryan must have some globalist connection

And the temple shooting took place in Paul Ryan's district. What a coincidence!

This guy is globalist material. So sad to watch Christian Americans thinking he is going to save anything but the criminals.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Either way he's an old man show him some respect.
Well we were just shown how Ryan plans on running things
more of the same old same old

edit on 12-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join