It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of our "medical professionals"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Are you in the US?

YOu can thank the DEA for going after doctors for prescribing pain meds to justify their funding because the war on drugs is a HUGE fail.

They have doctors terrified now.

Now they will tell you that the most hospitalizations are from prescription pain meds. What they don't tell you is the number one overdosed on is Tylenol. Probably from people in too much pain.

The way my rheumatologist sees it, that addiction can be treated, and if you want it that badly you can get it off the internet.

But it is not fair to have someone homebound, in depression, in pain, which is more serious than addiction. You have loss of economy, loss of social life, etc.

edit on 13-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am reviving this thread of mine to add new information from my original story. I have just gone though emergency surgery.
I had been having pain, and had scheduled an appt to see the doctor the week after Christmas. Well didn't make it that long. I starting having severe pain,fever and nausea the day after Christmas. I had to go to ER and an ultrasound found internal bleeding that had been pooling inside my body for awhile. I had the surgery and was at hospital for a week. The surgeon found that from my original surgery last summer, I had been clotting and bleeding since then. Also the procedure on my uterus had not been performed correctly and I was bleeding there also.
So my holidays were not the greatest. I am resting and am glad I had found a new doctor that had a clue.
It is true you have to watch your own health. Get second opinions, and research your doctor online. Read the comments the other patients have stated.

I would like to hear if others have had similar experiences with poor health care? Misery loves company as they say!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I forgot to add to my post that I was already scheduled for back surgery the end of this month from the first surgery. When I was dropped it ruptured the lower disc in my back, so I was already having to have that fixed. I have had to push that back because of this emergency surgery. So I am still looking at one more surgery as a result of the original surgery..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So called "medical professionals" make me sick...pun intended. I've had enough bad experiences to fill a book!

Vaccines for instance....they say right in the tv ads/magazine ads, that vaccines do NOT work for everyone. What is the point of vacs then? Those of us that are smart enough to refuse the vacs are not endangering humanity afterall? Do those "professionals" even read the inserts that describe the harmful ingredients they contain?

Hubby had a botched heart by-pass surgery and ended up getting one of those hospital infections...went into a coma for 3 months, even died and got brought back with heart paddles. He survived and is home but will never be the same.

Here is some of what I witnessed:A nurse dropped latex gloves already opened, on the floor, picked them up and used them on a patients opened neck wound...germs/filth and all!

The "professionals" all wear those printed/colored clown suits now...stains and dirt don't show as much. In my day, I was a nurse and we had to have clean, starched, white uniforms. Now, you can't tell the janitors from the "medical professionals" and can't tell how dirty the clothes are either. No wonder so many hospital infections. They wear them all over town as well, in stores, whatever. They sit on patients beds, was a "no-no" during my training...not anymore.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

More:Hubby had a trache tube in his throat, with a mist mask treatment and tube running down and into a container. The tube was leaking lots of fluid. The "professionals", including doctors, would kick a filthy, full garbage can under it instead of changing it out. New ones were right there on his bedside table still in sterile wrappers. I moved the garbage basket once and a nurse hollered at me as she said the "professionals" might slip on the water and get hurt. The pail was full of dirty gauze and food wrappers and whoknowswhatall!

One nurse used to estimate his stomach tube feeding. He needed proper nutrition and wasn't always getting it that way.

I went to the administrator with my concerns and hubby was immediately transferred to a crummy nursing home. I used to stay 16 hrs. a day there to dress wounds, wash him and massage and turn him to prevent bedsores. Most of those "heifers" where no where to be found when needed most.

I recently had a prescription error done to me...instead of my vaso-dialator I was given a powerful sedative instead. 4 times a day of that could have killed me. Glad I knew what it was....some other folks probably aren't so lucky if they aren't aware. Sorry for the rant. Just thought some folks should know. Thanx for the thread topic. Blessings. ^j^

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join