It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Pride!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Having Patriotism, and love for one Country, is something that goes on in EVERY Country!

Patriotism is wonderful , regardless of the country.

Blind Patriotism , like the OP, is a very dangerous thing.

Well, maybe OP is sick and tired of the World, bashing his Country, at every step ?

Even a misguided person, can succumb to constant barrage of mud-slinging, and constant finger pointing.

I understand him.

Maybe the rest of the world is sick of the US dictating and bashing our countries at every step?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
After some recent threads on here I really don't have pride in my country or it's people it is quite amazing and shameful that people really can't fathom just how and why we all can sit here and run our mouths about all subject's til our hearts content.

Yep this nation sure has some problems but anyone want to point out there in the world where there is that utopian perfect country?

Oh yeah there isn't one.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
After some recent threads on here I really don't have pride in my country or it's people it is quite amazing and shameful that people really can't fathom just how and why we all can sit here and run our mouths about all subject's til our hearts content.

Yep this nation sure has some problems but anyone want to point out there in the world where there is that utopian perfect country?

Oh yeah there isn't one.

Lichtenstein? Switzerland? The Nordic Countries?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

Binkman, where do you live?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
reply to post by binkman

Binkman, where do you live?

GB. Well, there used to be a G until Tony Blair came along. Very soon there won´t be a B either.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman
But most countries are much more forward thinking and advanced than you.

Really?

Please give us facts, that led you to this assumption.

And we certainly don´t want them coming to our lands.

What land is that? Where do you hail from? I didn't know the human race, has superior humans , that live in a land, like this. Please provide some basic geographical maps, that will show ATS, this wonderful land.......

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

But most countries are much more forward thinking and advanced than you.

Really?

Please give us facts, that led you to this assumption.

And we certainly don´t want them coming to our lands.

What land is that? Where do you hail from? I didn't know the human race, has superior humans , that live in a land, like this. Please provide some basic geographical maps, that will show ATS, this wonderful land.......

Both of those questions have been answered, on the previous pages (page 3 second post re advancedness) and above respectively.
edit on 12-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

When # goes to hell who has your back??? That's right the country that broke away from you. I see where the tension is coming from.

Also Great Britain is a great country... but, understanding most of my Americans here, probably alot of anti British's that live there.
edit on 12-8-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

I stated on a different thread that I was proud to be an american and totally got bashed for that statement.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by EmperorXyn

I stated on a different thread that I was proud to be an american and totally got bashed for that statement.

Time to stick up for yourself brother.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

When # goes to hell who has your back??? That's right the country that broke away from you. I see where the tension is coming from.

Like the way bankrupted our postwar economy? Or the way you sided with the USSR against us and your French and Israeli allies during the Suez? Or the way you cast us aside during the Falklands war by saying we could never win before we won and took down the Argentine dictatorship? Or the way your current president has stated he would side with the Argentines if they reinvaded our islands? Or the way your generals slander our troops so coldly despite the gallons of blood they have shed for your petrodollar wars?

You´ve never been our allies. Never. You´ve never ¨had our backs¨ either. And you know what? More and more of us are realising that being allied to you, has caused us nothing but problems. That´s why whenever surveys on anti-American sentiments are held, Britain always comes out as being one of the countries where anti American sentiment is growing fastest, consistently.

As I said in another topic, losing you was bad but watching your corrupted and evil government is pure retribution.

link   
America;

Home of the most comfortable couches and infotainment.

link   

Maybe the rest of the world is sick of the US dictating and bashing our countries at every step?

Having Pride in ones country, doesn't equate to loving everything your Country does. When the detractors, such as you, lump EVERY American into that "box" you have made, your response becomes trivial.

YOU might feel this way, but isn't it nice that you can expound your views? You can thank America, and its ingenuity for that also. The Freedoms you have, have EVERYTHING to do with the United States.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Didn't understand what you said cause i'm a under educated USA citizen.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Having Pride in ones country, doesn't equate to loving everything your Country does. When the detractors, such as you, lump EVERY American into that "box" you have made, your response becomes trivial.

YOU might feel this way, but isn't it nice that you can expound your views? You can thank America, and its ingenuity for that also. The Freedoms you have, have EVERYTHING to do with the United States.

And absolutely nothing to do with the thousands of years old Magna Carta, and the English revolts for peasants rights that happened nearly a hundred years before you were even colonised? That is one thing that truly disgusts me about Americans. You genuinely think you are the reason why I can say what I am saying.

I also hope that when you talk about ingenuity, you are not talking about computers or the www either, because both the first mechanical computers and the first electronic computers are British, as is the WWW, Charles Babbage, Alan Turing and Sir Tim Berners-Lee.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's hard to be prideful when we are living off the lives of others.
Especially when we've been indoctrinated to believe we aren't capable of that.
We've been riding high, we might have to lay low.

But what do I know?
I'm just a man talking.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Lysergic

Didn't understand what you said cause i'm a under educated USA citizen.

Really is that your crutch?

I'm an American, a 6th generation Texan.

What say you?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Great Convo guys, America is better than you, hard for you to see. But you will see in the end. I'll be back.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That is one thing that truly disgusts me about Americans. You genuinely think you are the reason why I can say what I am saying.

I do.

American inventions in the last 100 years

The American people are creative, innovative, and have contributed wonderful inventions to the world. Here are a few, which span over approximately the last 100 years.
American inventions in the 1890's

1890 Stop sign

forkartjunkie.hubpages.com...

Not to mention Helping YOUR Country, in the Wars, you would have lost. But if you want to go back to Peasent living, feel free. Its a wonderful life also.I wont knock the English life. It gave me DR. Who !!

edit on 12/8/12 by masqua because: Removed HUGE c/p and provided [ ex] tags and a link to external content

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Great Convo guys, America is better than you, hard for you to see. But you will see in the end. I'll be back.

You're so blind to the grand scale of the world, it's okay. I don't blame you, you're probably convinced we're the only place that has "freedom". I know you got team spirit and when others don't have the same hurah as you feel you do because of their different views, you become offended and defensive.

We were all born into this world naked...

Now run along.

Its not wrong to have pride, but don't border too much into nationalism.
You should love America, yet you should be despised at the current way things have been going down.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join