It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Pride!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Compare your Stats to other countries please. LOL

Lol, the day I thought only Smart Americans were ATS Posters, I see it not.
edit on 12-8-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

awesome video and the op should totally watch it. even though some will say its liberal propaganda lol.

why dont americans understand our country is go backwards instead of forward ?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The trouble with pride is that often it becomes hubris, or it becomes absolutely insufferable to others without a very large dollop of humility thrown into the mix (usually thrown in by your own friends and family, in my experience, often rightly so).

I can't say I feel anything much about the USA, really, apart from a very general low level positivity for it's people combined with a sense of wonder for some of it's technological marvels. Curiosity on Mars is just this week's wonder, one of a very long list of US achievements which have thrilled me to the bone. That doesn't mean that Scotland/UK where I live is less of a country than the USA or that I feel the need to put down the USA in order to top trump Scotland up.

We're just different, that's all, different but just the same with all the same strengths, weaknesses, foibles, frailties and suchlike.

I don't like these threads much.

That which divides us isn't of God, whoever your God may be (assuming you even have one at all).
edit on 12-8-2012 by NorthernThird because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

awesome video and the op should totally watch it. even though some will say its liberal propaganda lol.

Every country is going backwards....

link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn

Compare your Stats to other countries please. LOL

Lol, the day I thought only Smart Americans were ATS Posters, I see it not.

[snip]
america isnt the country that you imagine it to be in your head. sorry to tell you that but its true.
edit on 12/8/12 by masqua because: Off topic comment removed

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Blinding pride. You could throw a dart at a map of the EU, I guarantee that the country the dart lands on will rank higher in terms of political freedom, quality of life, workers rights, healthcare, education, transparency of government, corruption and personal freedoms. A fair few of those EU countries are the top of the lists.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I really hope most of you arn't Americans... It's so sad.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I would cast doubt on anyones sincerety if they didn't think that their own country wasn't the best on the planet.

Really. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by EmperorXyn

I applad your attempt to look at the positive atributes of America.

Unfortunately, you'll be getting flamed and spammed like never before because of the rabid anti-americans on this site.

Feel free to criticise, but the hate?

Irrational.

Back to the positive, though. There are countless things that make America stand out.

The giving/charatible nature of Americans.
Our (sometimes naive) view of the world.
Our sense of exploration.
Our optimism.

Good luck, OP. S&F
edit on 12-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

When it come to Foreign Aid The US is only the 16th largest donator:-

rankingamerica.wordpress.com...

When it comes to poverty The US has the worlds 3rd largest amongst OECD countries:-

rankingamerica.wordpress.com...

Not very good is it?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I really hope most of you arn't Americans... It's so sad.

What is sad? That the overblown opinion of your country bears no relation to facts?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Even though evil has it's controlling hand upon the US, we do still have many things better than most other places. I do see a problem in becoming prideful about it. Pride always comes before the fall.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

[snip]

Truejew - America will be the LAST to fall mark my words, somebody else will blow the planet up before we do.

edit on 12/8/12 by masqua because: Off topic comment removed

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Imaginary lines divide us as a race. Human race.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with the human race, I love the human race. It's just most Americans here feel there so bad off living here it frustrates me. I just want them to move away to most countries that don't have such a good time.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with the human race, I love the human race. It's just most Americans here feel there so bad off living here it frustrates me. I just want them to move away to most countries that don't have such a good time.

But most countries are much more forward thinking and advanced than you. And we certainly don´t want them coming to our lands.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Because most Americans want to be left alone to live their own lives.

it's really just a small amount of Americans making a few problems for the rest of us, because they think they see a problem and have to solve it or have to force people to conform to their one true way, whatever way that is.

You see, that's the thing about people overseas who judge America. They don't have a complete picture, and often have very little to go on.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

it's really just a small amount of Americans making a few problems for the rest of us, because they think they see a problem and have to solve it or have to force people to conform to their one true way, whatever way that is.

You see, that's the thing about people overseas who judge America. They don't have a complete picture, and often have very little to go on.

ill assume you support gay marriage and a womans right to choose then.

am i right?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We have a much, much bigger picture than what you could imagine. And it isn´t good.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Thank you!! First person not personally attacking me.

I still cannot believe some people are saying other countries are more advanced that the USA. Makes me laugh so hard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join