It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are most americans biased or just blind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
why is it that americans dont like to admit their mistakes
and critasize israel when it is clearly in the wrong
?

[edit on 11-10-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Um... I think you might want to edit your post and respell it "biased". It took me a moment to understand.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Some of the loudest in America are this way. I hope you can realize there is a large portion of the American population that has the capacity to access mistakes when they have occured. [and i might add will probably be the ones to clean up the mistakes of the ignorant]
I personally have a lot of problems with Ariel Sharon and some of the actions he has taken. Many of which have been emboldened by the Bush adminstration and it's positions.
The leadership in Israel has to take a firm and sometimes hard stance. It can not ever lose it's human perspective. There are many religiously blinded elements in Israel, America and the Middle East. These groups are the enemies of peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Its not all Israels fault, neither is it the USA's fault for supporting Israel... Its all three parties fault... but being the nations in the conflict, Israel and the USA need to swallow their pride and agree to peace and stop being aggresive toward the palestinians (or in the case of the USA stop being so bias and take a fair approach)... Unfortunately Israel has too much at stake to do this and would rather fight to the last man than admit defeat and give the palestinians their land back... Many fundamenalists in America want the conflict to continue as they feel that Aramgeddon will start with conflict from the middle east, and that the Jewish people need to be in the holy land at the time (i dont know the specifics, this is just something i read a while ago and it made sense to explain the situation... but i'm sure someone will come with a holier than thou attitude and state that israel is in the right etc etc)

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What I dont get is how some can be so blind when it comes to the blatant Idiocy of Bush. Come on he's lost millions of jobs, destroyed a surplus, has less of a plan than kerry did in the debates and still he's going to end up winning the elections. Im sad to say, but if America re-elects Bush, then there will be more attacks then if there was one with Kerry, it's a gut feeling I have.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusion360
he's lost millions of jobs, destroyed a surplus, has less of a plan than kerry did in the debates and still he's going to end up winning the elections.

How is this a logical conclusion?

Is it that more voter turnout is needed where it matters, or are you resigned to electoral corruption and fraud?

The US electoral system is archaic and years out of date. An apathetic electoral base is part of the agenda for maintaining a corrupt status quo and keeping all the mushrooms in the dark.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The majority who support Bush tend to be of the upper/rich/elite classes. These are the same people who control the media.. so they have full access to the brainwashing elements.

The elite is threatened by those who don't believe the elite should control the majority of wealth.

Mostly all conflicts we see these days is based upon wealth, and gaining more of it off the backs of the non-elite - typically as we see US Soldiers who make a pitiful pittance, and often lacking proper equipment compared to what wealth big business has hoarded off the blood spilled by people.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusion360
Im sad to say, but if America re-elects Bush, then there will be more attacks then if there was one with Kerry, it's a gut feeling I have.

What? That sentence is poorly constructed therefore it makes no sense whatsoever.

I think i understand what you're trying to say, though, and it's wrong. It doesn't matter who the president is, terrorists like Al-Queda will attempt to attack the US and her intrests abroad. If Al Gore was elected president in 2000, 9/11 would've occured just as it did.

You can't blame 9/11 squarely on the president, you must blame the entire intelligence community.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well you can blame the president for the 123,000 tapes that have NOT been translated by the FBI.

If he would step up to plate and get the job done it would be one thing. But pea-brained morons don't care that he doesnt get documents translated that could prevent the next 911. Don't care that he doesn't round up nuclear materials to keep them out of the hands of terrorists. Don't care that he has taken a stable nation and by invading and mismanaging the post war effort created a breeding ground and sanctuary for terrorists.

Do the Math.

Bush = More terrorism.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yes, most Americans are either biased or just plain blind OR just don't care one hoot about American politics.

When it's obvious that debates are theatrical and serve to cover the talking points without one iota of real discussion, I'm surprised people don't think there is a problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There are people all over the world that are biased, some are not, some are blind to truth , some are not...

Generalizing isn't cool.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Personally, I think the title to this thread is a loaded question....your dammed if your either biased or blind...sorta like asking someone "what type of idiot are you?"

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ummm, yeah...lets have a logical discussion, ending with logical responses, involving the use of two negatives: biased or blind.

Hold on...let me see here...biased or blind...blind or biased...hmm....tough one...gimmie a sec'...

biased

blind...

Gosh dern it! I can't makeup my mind...those are two tough logical choices...
Man! I'm going to have to get back with you on this...k?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
well I can SEE so I guess I must be biased

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Addressing the logic that is inherent in the question, with a sweeping generalization coupled with a healthy confidence interval:

Most Americans have a pro-American bias.

Most Americans are blind to the true criminality of the Bush administration.

There may be a cause and effect in those, but this is not implied.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Funny, the same people who claim other Americans are blind and biased... are the same people who focus on the candidate propaganda bash dishing such as Kerry's Vietnam service.

Real issues anyone? I think we are too afraid or not concerned about the issues that might decide who lives and who dies.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
Funny, the same people who claim other Americans are blind and biased... are the same people who focus on the candidate propaganda bash dishing such as Kerry's Vietnam service.

Real issues anyone? I think we are too afraid or not concerned about the issues that might decide who lives and who dies.

Funny, I claim Americans are biased and blind. I believe I was pushing the same thing as you though.

Real Issues. But what are the real issues Red?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I found this thread to be amusing as it took only 5 posts to veer off the topic of American bias when dealing with Israel, to bash Bush.

Back to the topic,
I agree that the title is loaded, but will take a crack at it anyway.

The USA position on Israel is really pretty basic. It has little to do with if we agree/disagree with all of the things Israel does (within reason).
Basically the USA supports Israel inorder to prevent genocide.

The UN created the state of Israel in its modern form by giving them land and recognition...This after the Nazi's tried to wipe them out.
The first thing after Israel's creation, it was attacked by its arab neighbors, and was attacked on several occasions after that. The Muslims have said they want to push the jews into the sea. Again, this is genocide we're talking about here people.

The USA has stood long and firm to prevent actions that will harm Israel because it seems everyone else is bent on their extinction.
While Israel is not always "right" in it decisions or policies... the USA can not back down on their defense because we know that a true bloodbath would soon follow. The diplomatic power the USA exerts in and around Israel has helped keep things somewhat stable in the region. It could be far worse were it not for the USA's constantbig brothering of Israel.

As an American, i realize that our Israeli policy can and is causing us grief in some places,
but
Standing up in opposition to a hateful, bigoted, idea of genocide is the proper, civilized, and good thing to do.

Being the good guys aint easy, and requires sacrifice and commitment, both of which is displayed by the USA strongly supporting Israel.

P.S. i forgot to blame Bush for something....oh yeah, i blame him for all of my spelling mistakes.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'd have to say that between biased or blind, I'd have to pick biased. Blind we are not but a quick review of history will clearly reflect our reasons for bias. Not the rewritten history as Arafat would have it but the actual events. I agree that Sharon may be getting tough with terrorist but we, as a country can't lash out against those who commit acts like that here and expect Israel to keep taking it on the chin.

The fact is Arab nations have risen against Israel numerous times and numerous times have they been defeated. They have the majority of the land in the Middle East with the Majority of the Oil. The plight of the Arab nations is one of genocide, pure and simple. It can be disguised in any way you like but most of us see through it. Those who don't are young and soon will with more experience. Arafat isn't even a "Palistinian". He's Egyptian isn't he? The only reason he is leading these people is because no other country will let him in. Oh they'll praise and back him but they all know he's a trouble maker. In my opinion, he's nothing more than a blood thirsty savage. He proved that when he walked away from the deal that Clinton and Carville engineered. I think this opened the eyes of many of us to what the original intent of the Arabs are toward Israel. If the Israeli state was in Antartica, you can bet there would be Palistinians in igloos strapping bombs to sled dogs. Like it or not, we know and we're tired of pretending any different to be PC. In fact, most of us are tired of PC all togther.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm assuming that's the question to answer?
Yes on both accounts. As with most foreign policy, most American's perceptions & positions are less that of active research and more of marketing.

The inescapable realites of American life:

- we are the most marketed to citizenry on the planet. We don't have holidays anymore, w ehave sales seasons, where our consumer retail spending is tracked.

- we are the most highly medicated citizenry on the planet.

- 'news' is a big money industry

So let's review: We are icessently sold to, for opinion & product, all the while being on this or that pharma mood enhancement, while watching 'news' sources more concerned with Nielsen ratings market share.

It is still a blindness if born with no eyes, and growing up on a reservation will give you a different take on how the 'West was won'.

Israel is clearly the worlds 3rd Largest Military Power, surrounded with 3rd World 'power' on the brink of dropping lower.
Their growth requires land; that land is Arab. Manifest Desitney is just not for US History anymore.
I'll hint to it, but our UK members can speak to it more effectively: Israeli's perfected Terrorism as a diplomatic tool in order to have that nation formed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join