It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Important Lawsuit in American History that No One is Talking About

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by Seagle

Shhhhhhhhh,, you are not supposed to try and Wake the Masses,, they are sleeping.

Yes, I have waited and waited to see any kind of real response to this,, but America doesn't care,, it is too busy being worried that I might want to marry someone of the same sex, or what Lindsey Lohan is doing,, or maybe Madonna and Lady Gaga..

Shhhhhhhhh that is not important,,, American Idol is On..

Fricking brilliant! Spot on! Kudos to you! I couldn't agree more. A feather in your cap!
CHEERS!

edit on 13-8-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The government can be easily stopped. It requires people to get off their lazy asses and do something more than just bitching about the problem.

I couldn't help but laugh on this. Oh, you sum it up so well by saying so little and yet....there really isn't more to say on the matter, is there? I'd have probably argued that before being hands on and involved a bit with the ROn Paul caucus here this year. There, I learned first and directly how true your words are. Numbers...it's *ALL* a game of numbers...and those talking about wanting change are too often the ones NOT showing up when that would actually matter and make change HAPPEN.

If even 1/2 the people who went to the Ron Paul rally here had taken a few hours out of their day for the Caucus, it simply wouldn't have been a question of outcome and the lopsided balance would have carried the day without much needing to even vote.

...but...only a fraction of even THOSE people could drop the ding dongs and get off the damn couch to do more than go 'rah rah' at a fun rally.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Sadly, your right. That is the mind state of the country now, I try to make people aware but I can see they don't really care. I feel like yelling at everyone some time's to wake up.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We knew what we were in for when our government was created. The concept of citizen government was not new and it was understood.

Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin,

"Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?"

With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded,

"A republic, if you can keep it."

People seem to ignore / fail to understand the "by the people" portion.
"A government of the people, by the people, for the people."

Every thing we do lately seems to be turned into something so complex that it would make quantum mechanics look like simple addition and subtraction.

We live in a country where we get to overthrow our government every 2 to 4 years without posing for rifle fire.

The best and most advanced weapon / protection we have against the government is the vote.

no more... no less.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I saw a blurb about this somewhere the other day but don't remember where.
Thanks for posting.
I'm really beginning to think that Obama is Woodrow Wilson reincarnated.
I'm reading about him this week and his attitude was very much the same.
"Constitution? I don't need no stinkin' Constitution."
My words, not his. But he might as well have said it.
The attitude of scr*w it, I'm going to do what I want and when I want and you can't stop me is very much alive.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
If we paid attention this was actually struck down back on 2006 with Jose Padilla. For a short time he was transfered from civil to military jurisdiction. Mr. Padilla is a US citizen and as such the federal courts stated the military had no jurisdiction, could not remove rights of US citizens and reaffirmed the US Supreme Court is the final say on the matter (Military Comission Act of 2006 that was struck down).
edit on 12-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I have to ask - do you seriously think that a ruling by any court in the land concerns the Administration? I mean Obama or any other for that matter.

There are whole departments of the government who conduct illegal activities every day. Why do you think I distrust them so much. I have participated in it - I know what they are capable of.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is heavy sh*t.
as an outsider it seemed to start with regan,
i know he was much loved in the US but it always seemed he had been hired to play the part of president while the real Powers ran the show,i mean his vice president had been or still was head of CIA ffs.
Clinton seemed like a good man, at least to the rest of the world despite or maybe because of the lewinski thing, he was one of the boys.
Then it turned out that he had paid his dues in arkansaw (i think) where he helped facilitate the contra/north drug running operation.
Bush jr stealing the election and nobody doing anything about it, proved beyond doubt that there was no longer any need for secrecy or to bother keeping up the illusion of democracy in the USA.
The patriot act came and it seemed like people were afraid to be labelled a terrorist if they tried to oppose it in any kind of serious way. Obama seems to be no better than any of the others. I feel that with every home having broadband, smart phones everywhere, cctv cameras on every corner and the alphabet agencys having the technology to correlate all the seperate strands into an effective network more than capable of spying on ordinary citizens, The bast*ards playing us all off against each other have little to fear from the American people.
The NDAA is the frosting on the cake that will make their controll all encompassing. Once this technology was in place and working as planned all pretence went out the window.
Any organised attempt at putting these ba*tards up against a wall to pay for their crimes would be crushed before it started.
There is hope though, remember how the eastern block fell country after country until the soviet union caved in on itself.
If the whole US stood together they couldnt take you all down, they cant lock you all up without trial.
Divide and conquer is the way our governments keep us down and in our place,well i say f*ck that sh*t.

edit on 13-8-2012 by erictcartman because: typo

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Citizens in 1775 did not care either, until. Soldiers occupied their homes, commerce was cut off by blockades, and people were executed with out due justice in the streets. We have a long way to go before spin doctors like Sam Adams come along to make others see the light! What has transpired over the last decade in the erosion of rights is deplorable. Rest assured the laws have been changed or ignored for a bad reason.
edit on 13-8-2012 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012
reply to post by badcon

Romney had better stike all of this down by undoing all of Obama's Executive Orders. If not, he stands a good change of insurrection and the People taking him on for Treason. Something we should do to Obama.

"People taking him on for Treason. Something we should do to Obama." Won't happen with BHO everyone would be branded racist by the left and MSM,.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

i never said they had a personal interest in me. all i was saying is, IF they wanted to, they COULD. read, stop tryna sound so smart lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Thanks for the catch on this. This is getting downright scary and this President with the people around him are like nothing I've ever seen before. I looked at your links and couldn't believe my eyes. They actually refused to assure the Judge they hadn't used it to Detain reporters or others indefinitely and without charges. Isn't this what so many insisted it didn't really say and he didn't really mean??

What makes it worse.. they wouldn't even confirm it hadn't happened AFTER his injunction. Apparently, Congress is a rubber stamp to be ignored when convenient and the courts? Aww.. they're just 1/2 a branch or something.

WOW... A Constitutional Expert...so expert he taught classes on it, eh? Well, I'd say Harvard needs to look real hard at their curriculum on this because it sure isn't sinking in with some students. The executive isn't *ABOVE* the Judicial, let alone Legislative...but these people sure aren't getting that message.

I'm DYING to see what happens when he's an Ex-President and someone sues ..or even finds basis for more. I'm going to really be entertained if he takes the "It don't mean nothin' approach then. The arrogance is just too much to believe....but as Private Citizen and Ex-President Obama? There are more than a couple Courts in this nation that would LOVE to see anything cross their desks with his name on it and NOT have the White House as the current address of residence.

Funny because the GOP upheld indefinite detention

Instead, the House passed, by a vote of 243-173, an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) sponsored by Reps. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Jeff Landry (R-La.) and Scott Rigell (R-Va.) that affirmed U.S. citizens would not be denied habeas corpus rights.

Smith and Amash had hoped to attract enough support from libertarian-leaning Republicans to pass their measure, but only 19 Republicans voted for it, while 19 Democrats voted against

Gee you conservatives are flaming hypocrites

I would be ashamed to be such a poser

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You are spot on! This is a very important court case. The behavior of the government on this one is sad, tragic and sickening. This court case makes it very clear that the US government will not tolerate any questioning of it`s actions by the citizens. They are making it clear that the American people are not running the show. More indie media needs to be covering this case a lot more closely. Where are all the independent journalist in America? Why are they not on this like a fly to a pile of dog poop? The indie media in American does a pretty good job usually but it appears that they are dropping the ball this time. This case is not even trending on the net; which is should have already been doing a long time ago. Get those indie journalist at that court house and in the court room!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Wow. When the powers that be can get away with this and ignore the federal judges openly in defiance then we have all the proof we need to KNOW this government is corrupt and MUST be overthrown.

Why can't the judges order these people thrown in jail? Heck, order the President be put in jail if he's behind this. It's the Only legal duty those judges have to this country at this point.

I call for their HEADS !

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I do...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyevision

i never said they had a personal interest in me. all i was saying is, IF they wanted to, they COULD. read, stop tryna sound so smart lol.

So when you said -

Originally posted by thirdeyevision
then they can come to my home in my sleep & bag me up & ill never be seen again smh. they need to be stopped.

You meant what?

The origional question stands, either for you or the others with the same mindset. What makes you, or them, so important that they think the government gives a flying fig about them / you?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Gee you conservatives are flaming hypocrites

I would be ashamed to be such a poser

Well, I'm going to note that was one of the few where I didn't make an actual point of noting that Bush too was a part of building this mess and Obama couldn't have done it without him. I usually do include that line just so a general statement about the President who is actually serving right now and happens to be Obama isn't taken and twisted to be partisan when it was never intended to be.

For the record, Bush is no better here. What he did in relation to domestic policy and making this nightmare we call DHS was among his achievements, to be sure. Turning it all the rest of the way into a nightmare is Obama;s, Obama happens to be the one STILL IN OFFICE, so it's his baby to hold first. Then...Bush ought to account and under Oath. I agree. ;up: (Poser? What would one of those be, anyway?)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
had to log in to say and ask

but does anyone think that obama would let the courts and a lawsuit stop him?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by trust_no_one

Nope, Obama is tyranical! I dont think Obamney will be any better though. Seems we will just get the other side of the same old coin!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Here is an update on the proceedings in this case from Chris Hedges who's lawsuit against the NDAA is the one the Government is appealing -

Assistant U.S. Attorney Benjamin Torrance argued in court that the government already has the authority to strip citizens of their constitutional rights. He cited the execution of Nazi saboteur Richard Quirin during World War II, saying the case was “completely within the Constitution.” He then drew a connection between that case and the AUMF, which the Obama White House argues permits the government to detain and assassinate U.S. citizens they deem to be terrorists. Torrance told the court that judicial interpretation of the AUMF made it identical to the NDAA, which led the judge to ask him why it was necessary for the government to defend the NDAA if that was indeed the case. Torrance, who fumbled for answers before the judge’s questioning, added that the United States does not differentiate under which law it holds military detainees. Judge Forrest, looking incredulous, said that if this was actually true the government could be found in contempt of court for violating orders prohibiting any detention under the NDAA.

The cant of our political theater, the ridiculous obsessions over vice presidential picks or celebrity gossip that dominate the news industry, effectively masks the march toward corporate totalitarianism. The corporate state has convinced the masses, in essence, to clamor for their own enslavement. There is, in reality, no daylight between Mitt Romney and Obama about the inner workings of the corporate state. They each support this section within the NDAA and the widespread extinguishing of civil liberties. They each will continue to funnel hundreds of billions of wasted dollars to defense contractors, intelligence agencies and the military. They each intend to let Wall Street loot the U.S. Treasury with impunity…The charade of junk politics is there not to offer a choice but to divert the crowd while our corporate masters move relentlessly forward, unimpeded by either party, to turn all dissent into a crime.

So is any of this being reported on MSM in the US?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

I haven't seen very much MSM coverage on this. Most of what I am reading is via alternate news sites.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join