It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxpayer Funding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Should taxpayer money be injected into projects that divide the constituency?
As an example- The CBC in Canada
They constantly take jabs at the majority of this country and push for anti -Canadian policy.
We all know that the new left wing in this country is a paper tiger. All they have going for them is emotion that is created by attacking conservatives.

As an example: should taxpayers be funding shows like " little mosque on the prairie" which promotes hatred towards us as white christians and arguably, muslims by reaction?
I see alot of muslims saying that these actors misrepresent islam. So what's your opinion?
edit on 12-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Question for Americans:
Should taxpayers be funding nefarious things like abortions and home loans and bailouts for corporations?
Where does it stop?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
Question for Americans:
Should taxpayers be funding nefarious things like abortions and home loans and bailouts for corporations?
Where does it stop?
Definitely not. Especially not abortions, why should I subsidize the murder of helpless children? and absolutely not corporate bailouts.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Question for Americans:
Where does it stop?
Definitely not. Especially not abortions, why should I subsidize the murder of helpless children? and absolutely not corporate bailouts.

The arguement against you is that: fetuses aren't humans bro

as for the bailouts: the excuse:if these banks fail, it will cause a dominoe effect.
The truth is that for 100 yrs the banks are being consolidated. The pictograph looks like a triangle turned 90 degrees.
A fish swallowing the line, sinker and hook, in that order

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Question for Americans:
Where does it stop?

Oh? Are they baby snakes? alligators? elephants? No? Sorry dude, they are humans and murdering them is wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Question for Americans:
Where does it stop?

Oh? Are they baby snakes? alligators? elephants? No? Sorry dude, they are humans and murdering them is wrong.

They are BABY FISH

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Before this thread gets harsh, I want to offer my take. I think that the government, any government for that matter, should be funding things which serve the common good of everyone as well as public services which cannot be profitable in the private sector without causing great harm to the common citizen.

I have always been against government funding the media in any way shape or form. That leads to state funded propaganda. If the state wants to release propaganda then they should do it without the help of any `state news` agency to rely on. The only type of government funded media I am willing to support is public TV networks in which the common people operate it. Kind of like what they have in the US with PBS. I have seen local people all across America get their own show, do all the production work, and put together something of decent, or better quality then what the big media companies can produce.

As far as government not funding something which could divide the voting public. Well, political parties do that all the time and government funds them. So, how about ending all government funding for political parties.

new topics

top topics

join