It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who said this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Google it. The quote tho is contrary to the quotes by George Santyanna and William Shakespeare; "Those who fail to heed the lessons of the past are condemned to repeat them." And "Past is Prologue" respectively.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

so it seems im regurgitating old words and making them my own. i just wish i had a deeper background on who u mention, in school we read hamlet once and whomever is the other ive never read, at this point i believe history has taken a seat in my brain, but the present has inspired my thoughts, if i can do that, we all can,lets not actively worry of the past, but only use it to make our present actions create a better future.
edit on 12-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The physiologists and psychologists say that that the past has made physical tissue changes in your brain, giving you reflexes at some level of thought. Tesla said he traced all of his thoughts over some period of time, and every thought came from some word or sensation around him, not just random brain activity.

Historians say the past is present in our culture.

The way that the past affects you naturally is similar to how I would assume mind control or subliminal messages would affect a person. ideas inserted somewhere in your mind that you can't directly feel.

"By their fruits yee shall know"

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

History is Cyclical....it doesn't always repeat per se but it does rhyme.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Pagans and ancient Eastern Religeons say that history goes round and round.

Judeo-Christian-Islamists think the future will be different than the past.

Evolution would say history is a spiral with permanent changes happenning from time to time.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
master po in kung fu david caridine was kung fu ..master po says to kane if you live in the past does this not rob the future

top topics

<< 1   >>

join