It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple explanation of why Buddhism is correct.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

I don't think Jesus ever existed. My reasoning is this:

You can deny His claims to divinity, but you cannot logically deny His existence in the flesh and blood. His death is the most documented death in human history. Atheist historians don't even venture to deny His life and death on a Roman cross.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

You are reality and what appears is existence or maya, lila (the play of life).
You are what is seeing the play of life.
The body is part of the play, the mind is part of the play - in fact all content is the play - the scene (the seen).
What you are will never be seen because you are the seer of all that is appearing.

Do not take yourself to be any thing. Neti, neti (not that, not that)
You are that which allows all things to be.

edit on 12-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
E=mc2.
Energy, light, vibrations...you are there.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by mkmasn

You can deny His claims to divinity, but you cannot logically deny His existence in the flesh and blood. His death is the most documented death in human history. Atheist historians don't even venture to deny His life and death on a Roman cross.

Why do Christians always have to pollute the forum with mindless drivel like this? Aren't there christian threads for this? What are you doing in a Buddhist thread?

We are well aware of your opinion that you say is fact. Now go home, because we addressing much greater things than some dead guy you cvlaim has super natural powers cause the Bible told you so.. Bye bye now

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

I didn't bring the topic up.. I responded to the member who did. Everything is going to be okay, have some apple juice and cheesy fish crackers.. no need to panic because someone mentioned Jesus.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Minor point:

Buddhism is not a religion.

Webster's New World Dictionary (3rd College Edition): defines religion as: "any specific system of belief and worship, often involving a code of ethics and a philosophy."
Buddhism in this definition would not be considered a religion under this definition, because it is basically non-theistic: it does not generally involve worship of a supernatural entity.
Buddhism could be considered a religion because its various forms share a system of thought that is considered to be the highest truth. It involves moral codes, practices, values, traditions and rituals. could be considered a religion because its various forms share a system of thought; that is considered to be the highest of all truth. It involves moral codes, practices, values, traditions and rituals.

So, in truth, Buddhism is a religion, and is not a religion. Founded in India over 2,500 years ago, Buddhism remains the dominant religion of the Far East and is increasingly popular in the West. Various sources put the number of Buddhists in the world at between 230 million and 500 million making it the world's fourth-largest religion.This religion is only exceeded in numbers by Christianity, Islam and Hinduism. So, Buddhism is more than real. I say it is a religion.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by mkmasn
Care to explain? Otherwise you're just tossing sentences out based on nothing.

Prove that God is a physical object, and you will disprove my statement.

Can you prove that you are a spiritual being, or that you have a soul?

NDEs prove that. Especially interesting are the ones from people born deaf or blind who describe what they saw or heard in their experiences.

Okay, LOL. But there are many scientist who would tell you that NDE's are just a chemical reaction in your brain. But, I do accept it as evidence that we are spiritual beings.

Now, when a soul is looking down on a body, who is the observer? Are we our bodies, with souls attached that we can lose? Or, are we spiritual beings who shed our bodies.

We are the creators of our reality and our "houses." We dwell both in the physical and spiritual, both simultaneously. So therefore, your NDE's example does explains the question of god being both physical, ie: manifest, and spiritual, ie: unmanifest at the same time.

edit on 12-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here's a few reasons why I BELIEVE buddhism to be correct and why I have followed the "faith" for the greater part of my life.

1. Buddhism believes in what's called "Dependant Arising". Basically, what this means is that nothing material exists within it's own right. In other words, EVERYTHING is interconnected, even down to the very vibrational strings of "potentiality" that we call string theory.

2. The Buddhist idea of "What is the nature of reality" is slowly becoming theorized and now generally accepted as to how the universe exists and what it's made of. Again use the above example of "string theory"

3. Buddhism does have room for a God. However, God is NOT defined in any kinda of manner like that as a heavenly father looking down on you from above, manipulating you from a heavenly realm. No, Instead, Buddhism looks at reality and God as all interconnected and one. Again, like String theory, everything at it foundation is comprised of potential/vibration/karma. Nothing in this universe exists apart from this. That, In buddhist terms, would be your God....Karma, action, vibration, The universal "Voice" that brings all things into creation.

4. These reasons I've stated above are also why the Dalai Lama speaks the way he does about religion in general being unnecessary, and that belief in God is not more important than doing right. Because, In the mind of a Buddhist, there is no God, what's more important is that we as humans must Echo the same voice of creation, positivity, and good will to others, and perpetuate the good Karma of the universe as it was intended.

5. When you hold beliefs such as this, That every move you make sends "ripples" through the cosmos. You learn to tread lightly and make each step count. A belief in a Creator is irrelevent.

6. When you hold these few tenets to be true, then the most important aspect of life is to show goodwill to others. It leaves no room for making exceptions to "rules" "handed down" from "God".

7. There is no exceptions for murder, prejudice, racism, hatred, selfish acts etc etc....

8. That is why the Dalai Lama holds no credence in a "Heavenly Father God". That would only allow for the sentient being to try to interpret what that God wants. Which, Ironically, becomes a selfish gain for power and material wealth. Or in many unfortunate situations, The persecution, death, mutilation rape and pillaging of others. Which, ironically, is the very same things that these "Major Religions" with "Heavenly Fathers" speak against in the first place! Ohhh! the tangle web we weave when we believe in a creator God! If there was one, He'd surely be laughing at us all!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Bringing the topic up or not does not justify a whole page of Christian rhetoric does it not?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

That means he is everywhere, to include inside things. Which means, since Christians believe God is omnipresent, it IS a Christian belief.

But where does this belief come from? Does it originate from the book of Deuteronomy?

"And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no." (Deuteronomy 8:2 KJV)

Or do Christians, when forming this belief that God is omnipresent, consult the book of Second Chronicles?

"Howbeit in the business of the ambassadors of the princes of Babylon, who sent unto him to enquire of the wonder that was done in the land, God left him, to try him, that he might know all that was in his heart." (2 Chronicles 32:31 KJV)

Clearly the God of the Bible does no always know what is going on with his people. And is not "everywhere" as we are led to believe:

" And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:"
(1 Kings 19:11-12 KJV) So is God was not in the strong wind, and the earthquake, where was he?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

God is everywhere that is seen. God is the seer that is seeing all of creation.
What is seeing in you (the seeing aspect of you) sees creation.

The truth is hidden in plain sight.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Autowrench, forgive me if this comes across as offending cause it's not my intention..

I sincerely want to know why people must debate quotations from the Bible to solidify their beliefs only to have someone else quote the same Bible and show you that your wrong for beliefs? I mean based off that FACT alone, can we not deduce that the Bible is in fact full of hypocritical statements and is therefore not perfect?

And can we look at the world around us and still tells ourselves that God is got his "hands" in our business when there is so much death destruction and injustice? I mean, really guys, You have the answers right in front of you, yet you still try to cram the harsh reality of life into some small little gift wrapped box of Christs and bowties! I don't get it. Please explain, especially the first question...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

I don't want to start a debate on Jesus, but the only documentation about his death are 4 journals from His followers.

Someone so important to the world seems like they would have a lot more documentation than that, from people who weren't his followers, no less.

Thats just my reasoning. I'm not here to make anyone stop believing anything. Just pointing out something interesting about Buddhism.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

They are corrects , I mean really.

They are servants of Zionism and killing thousands of Muslim and burning them in Myanmar recently.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

I really like the way you think. I do not get caught up in the dogma of any one belief. I really like buddhism. Although personally I favor it's older simpler base Taoism.

I don't want to switch to a christianity debate either, but you are off on the lack of proof posit about Jesus' existence. It is truly highly documented in many ancient texts, and records, you just haven't found them. Old roman archives, and the works of Josephus are just two. Not claiming veracity just stating that it is incredibly well documented...in fact almost too well...hmmm.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Binder because: ETA

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Study math, before you use it ... math has absolutely no place in religion. But for your enlightenment I'll give you a clue ...

God is everywhere, in everything, at any time ... which means, God is infinite.

Man is only here, in the now ... so man is finite.

This should be enough for you ... it doesn't matter how many lives you lead, you will never become God ... because you are a finite being, which will never reach infity ... period. End of discussion, end of math lesson.

All religions, including buddism ... is wrong.

edit on 12/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

You cannot strive to become God.
God will wake up when he wakes up and not until.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If only man would realize that he is only here and now.
Presence is Gods Kingdom.
Man 'thinks' himself in time and this is not where God lives. Man is lost in time.
Found in presence.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The physical incarnation of a man is finite. We do not know for certain about the "human spark" or soul, and spirit of man. It is believed by many to be infinite.

To quote a famous scientist, and someone with high math skills as that seems to be what you respect. "All models are wrong, some are simply useful." Albert Einstein.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

SO well stated. I love people who know why they believe what they believe. Religion is death relationship is life. Whether it be with felow man, nature, your idea of "God" whatever as long as your belief brings good, and harmony it is correct for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join