It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey decided to sign up after lurking around need a change.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just crashed my car tonight, was told im lucky to be alive, I've lurked around on ATS for about a year now but never made an account, no idea why to be honest just never thought I had any relevant input into the threads I lurk.

Anyways after tonight i've just realised I need a change I've live in a crappy little town in the UK with a crappy job and my life just isn't really doing much just now. I need a change but don't know how to do it.

Any suggestions or advice on how to just relocate to another country or location would be great.

Sorry if this post is a little vauge still a little shook up and don't really know what im doing.

Hi by the way.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Welcome To ATS

Go where your heart leads you.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
When the oil bust happened down here, my father got in contact with a company up north, hiring for a new plant, and he moved 4 states away. It took him 6 months to relocate the rest of us. When we moved back down here, some 7-8 years later, dad just up and packed us all, after having spent 1 week on vacation, then deciding to look for a job during that vacation.

1st time up, dad stayed with a church. 2nd time, back down, we stayed with cousins in their home. We left a lot of things behind, both trips.

So the question is, how much are you willing to give up, that you now have, to make such a change?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
havn't got much to give up but would give up the crap I do have to start a new life somewhere else, It's just the prospect of not finding a job and eventually running out of what little savings I do have and having no where to go that scares me. I may just do it though Im young and have plenty of time to start a new life but it's just having the balls to do it.

Going to have a real think about upping and leaving, May move countrys try get a visa to canada or australia, I have some Engineering qualifications that may provide me with one. Going to start saving.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the tea & Crumpet Cart, Cues the music to be played for the 25 Pence Tour)

Welcome crashchange

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crashchange

Start applying for oilfield jobs. Got to their websites. They need people offshore. Dangerous job mind you, but you can make enough, if you save it, to buy land and property in a fairly short order, to have things of value, in a community you like.

join