It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US President Meeting with the Taliban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wait, wait. Do you believe in time-traveling Taliban or time-traveling Presidents? Either way that's a hell of a conspiracy!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It was during this White House meeting that President Reagan referred to the Afghan mujahideen as freedom fighters. He remarked that the Afghan mujahideen leaders were equivalent of the great Americans who founded and liberated America. After this meeting, the US assistance to the Afghan mujahideen was increased to enable them to put up a better fight against the Soviet occupying forces in Afghanistan.

Precisely what I have been saying. You quoted it exactly.

Maulvi Yunis Khalis, who died some years ago, was fond of dying his beard with henna. He had a peculiar sense of humour. He helped Osama bin Laden to live near Jalalabad

And this guy who was photographed with Reagan helped Osama bin Laden

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It seems you've forgotten a lot more than you remember so maybe; friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Wrong.

You claimed, "Reagan meeting with Taliban in White house"

You can spin it ANYWAY your heart desires.

They were NOT Taliban.

this is sensationalism, and heres the rest of connecting the dots for you........

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Oh I know who is in the picture because that picture is rather famous. The fact that you don't know and wrongly call them Taliban shows nothing more than your agenda. It must be awful to reside in a country you hate so much eh? The picture is of a meeting that took place between Reagan and the Mujhadeen of the time. I also know where the quote came from but sorry son, you don't get any freebies from me. Watching zealots twist as history and fact from people with critical thinking skills and objectivity take apart flimsy agruments makes me smile.

And in saying that, well yours flimsy arguement against makes me smile even more.
The fact is, the US supplied the Mujhadeen with money and weapons to fight against the USSR, the mujhadeen then turned into the taliban that were then able to grow most of the worlds Opium, of which the the USA now controls as it now controls Afganistan.
The fact is you reside in a country that controls the worlds biggest Opium trade, the fact is that you defend your governments illegal actions.
Facts remain that the US leaders have and will continue to support all the Worlds terrorist is it is profitable to them.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I also know where the quote came from

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It was from the Nicaragua situation,

reply to post by sonnny1

It was during this White House meeting that President Reagan referred to the Afghan mujahideen as freedom fighters. He remarked that the Afghan mujahideen leaders were equivalent of the great Americans who founded and liberated America. After this meeting, the US assistance to the Afghan mujahideen was increased to enable them to put up a better fight against the Soviet occupying forces in Afghanistan.

Precisely what I have been saying. You quoted it exactly.

So which is it? Is it a quote about Nicaragua or Afghanistan?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The Mujaheddin had some of their us funded arms and training go to the taliban and from your own link

Maulvi Yunis Khalis, who died some years ago, was fond of dying his beard with henna. He had a peculiar sense of humour. He helped Osama bin Laden to live near Jalalabad

A person who was meeting with US president helped Osama bin Laden. More proof.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

That would be ANY and ALL information, that supports his Agenda.

Sensationalism and Hype, is alive on ATS.

Damn, Denying Ignorance.

Embrace it !!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

You go figure it out. Now tell me who those people are sitting with the white man in the black suit in the middle.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

The fact is, the US supplied the Mujhadeen with money and weapons to fight against the USSR,

Never denied that

the mujhadeen then turned into the taliban

That isn't quite accurate. Read Othersideofthecion's link from one of his posts in this thread

that were then able to grow most of the worlds Opium,

Not accurate. The Taliban had almost eradicated the Opium Poppy as a major crop

of which the the USA now controls as it now controls Afganistan.

That's rather interesting though how that turned out. The production of poppies has grown exponentially since the invasion. Strange that.

The fact is you reside in a country that controls the worlds biggest Opium trade, the fact is that you defend your governments illegal actions.

Wrong. I am not an American

Facts remain that the US leaders have and will continue to support all the Worlds terrorist is it is profitable to them.

No there are groups they won't fund of that I am sure of, at least at this point in time. If in the future it becomes expedient for them to do so, I have no doubt yesterdays terrorist will become tomorrow's ally. Look at Libya for an example of that.
edit on 11-8-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

LOL Pro. It's not on anybody commenting in this thread to provide "proof" for you or tell you who those people are. YOU are the one that started this thread, the "proof" is on you. It's your responsibility to provide it since you are the one that started it. And you haven't. You haven't even provided a bupkus source, much less a credible one. Come on now, really?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Wrong.

You claimed, "Reagan meeting with Taliban in White house"

You can spin it ANYWAY your heart desires.

They were NOT Taliban.

this is sensationalism, and heres the rest of connecting the dots for you........

The fact remains that you can spin it anyway your heart desires,
But your leaders did help the mujahadeen , which is now the taliban and now they control the biggest drug trade on the planet.

So here are your dots if you neglected to see them the first time i posted them.

The facts remain that the USA ARE helping the Taliban grow Opium, and that Reagan the Bush family do HAVE connections to the Bin Ladins and the Taliban and that connection is the Drug Trade.

Afghanistan is the biggest grower and supplier of opium and thats why we are there guarding the fields

I hope this helps.

Here's a youtube vid for you.

What a wonderful world, Hey?

Here's a quote from this link.

publicintelligence.net...

Instead, they describe how troops “patrol” through and around the fields. In one instance, a US soldier even seems to be even helping with cultivation. In a recent report from Geraldo Rivera which aired in late April on Fox News, a USMC Lt. Col. indicated that US forces encourage the Aghans to grow different crops, however, out of fear of losing stability poppy cultivation is tolerated and even supported. In November 2009, the Afghan Minister of Counter Narcotics

And heres another quote from another link.

Afghanistan has been the greatest illicit opium producer in the entire world, ahead of Burma (Myanmar) and the "Golden Triangle" since 1992, excluding the year 2001.[1] Afghanistan is the main producer of opium in the "Golden Crescent". Opium production in Afghanistan has been on the rise since U.S. occupation started in 2001

Link.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's another quote

Afghanistan is, by far, the largest grower and exporter of opium in the world today, cultivating a 92 percent market share of the global opium trade. But what may shock many is the fact that the US military has been specifically tasked with guarding Afghan poppy fields

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
and heres the link
www.naturalnews.com...

Here's somemore photo's and another link for ya to show that the USA are protecting the Afghan Opium Trade.

The Last Crusade
Hey, guys, don’t pick the poppies.

That’s the order from the Obama Administration to the 4,000 Marines presently engaged in Operation Khanjar or “Strike of the Sword,” an invasion of the Taliban infested Helmand Province in southern Afghanistan.

The Marines of Bravo’s Company 1st Platoon sleep beside groves of poppies Troops of the 2nd Platoon walk through the fields on strict orders not to swat the heavy opium bulbs.

Link www.canadafreepress.com...

The fact remains the US created the taliban and created the so called war on terror just so they could both make money from the trading of OPIUM.

The US are to blame for our modern day wars.
And these wars arent fought for the innocent's freedom, they are fought for drugs and the control of all of us.

So i think you should stop playing games of dots and actually read things and maybe then you will see the connection between the USA leaders and the terrorist's of this world.

edit on 11-8-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

I provided it with the picture. I already provided it. What you want a time machine to teleport you to the event in question?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

A person who was meeting with US president helped Osama bin Laden. More proof.

That must also mean, that Journalists who met with Osama bin Laden, must have been secret Taliban agents, along with Bill Clinton, who let Osama get away, because he was secretively a Taliban agent, too !!

See how connecting Dots, that go no where, look ?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

That picture is not proof roflol! It's a picture of a former President meeting with some guys from the middle east. It didn't provide any information about where these guys were from or what their names were or why they were meeting with Reagan.

On the otherhand, I provided a video of the actual meeting and Reagan tells us who they are. Learned a whole lot more from the video than your silly ol' picture cause at least it had some information in it. BAM!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Your question has been answered already in this thread and you've quoted from the link. More forgotten stuff?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

that were then able to grow most of the worlds Opium,

That is a lie and you know it.
ONCE AGAIN, read my other posts.

As i have already posted to you, the poppie production has increased since the USA/ UN control of afganistan.

And its also a fact that the Taliban still continues its barbaric control over women and their rights, its a fact that women in afganistan still continue to be murdered ie stoned to death/ executed for trying to be treated as equals.
The fact remains that people like you are IGNORANT and still try to deny and then defend America's and its murderous and drugs dealing acts with its Afgani druglords, oops i meant the newly democratic elected rulers of afganistan.

Its kind of scary when we here on ATS are supposed to deny Ignorance , yet one of our mods is denying the truth.

edit on 11-8-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

Where, anywhere, point out where I said anything like that to you or anywhere for that matter.

I have denied nothing of the sort. Nice try but you can burn that strawman and try another one.

My posts and opinions are all over this site for almost 7 years for anyone to read. You won't find anything like what you just claimed in any of my posts. As a matter of fact, you will find quite the opposite in many of them but that's ok, don't let facts get in your way, I know they can be such an inconvenience.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed
That is a lie and you know it.
ONCE AGAIN, read my other posts.

As i have already posted to you, the poppie production has increased since the USA/ UN control of afganistan.

Can you reread what I posted and point me to where I have said the words you have out into my mouth. I said the exact opposite.
edit on 11-8-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thanks for the flag dude, glad you enjoyed the thread.

I must emphasise however that this thread is by no means a comprehensive history of the origins of the Taliban it’s just a quick and dirty explanation in attempt to provide people with a little bit of background

So is there more information that can be dug up about the origins of the Taliban?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join