It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies of ATS, (obamacare and fibroids)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Seriously guys, this IS for the ladies. Though I know most of you will still read it xD

Ladies, I was diagnosed in 2010 with about 3 to 4 fibroids so big that my uterus is 2 to 2.5 times the size it should be. Needless to say, the only health ins I have now is from the Food Stamp place and I have read they will NOT do hysterectomies except under a very rare case. I found out, though fibroids are non cancerous in themselves, things could become cancerous if I don't get them taken out (a friend told me that; a doctor did NOT. Just the fact you COULD get cancer from them not being removed terrifies me).

Will Obamacare cover this? If so, then I'm more than grateful to finally get it, whenever that time will come. If not, do any of you have any options/ideas etc? I haven't been to the dr since 2010 and that was an ER doctor due to my cramps being so horrific I felt I was dying and the free clinics weren't open. Been suffering with those for about 8 years now and that was my first time going to the ER. I'd gone to clinics prior but was always told it was just in my head or just normal cramps. Sorry but, no normal cramps will have you screaming til you're hoarse, unable to sit, lie, move, breathe, you fall down at work screaming like you're being murdered with an axe....... and no cramps go on 22 to 26 days out of the month habitually. It took an ER doctor to figure out that i have all those fibroids, minimal size of an apple, up to grapefruits. Believe me, I broke down crying when she told me. I finally had an answer and name for my problems.

Anyway, if anyone knows if Obamacare will cover this, I'd be eternally grateful. I'll be 40 in March so I'm more than done wanting kids. I already have an almost 18 year old as is.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Obama Care doesn't go into effect until 2017, I believe. Then it forces you to buy health insurance. Which is the problem to begin with, right. With all of us.

Getting to your fibroids, I understand, have you heard of something called Endometrial Ablation, you should consider this if your fibroids are inside the uterus. If not you'll need a lengthy surgery.

I was considering having this procedure and the cost would have been 3,500. I don't have your problem, but I do understand what you're going through. I hope you get help soon. It's extremely painful.

HOPE FOR FIBROIDS

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thank you for the link and reply, Daphne.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I found a website that has a lot of information on it; under your avatar it says you are in IL.

I hope this helps.

www.dhs.state.il.us...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you too, Caldonea

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Here's another thing that won't cost you but about 10 bucks off the shelf at Walmart Pharmacy and I have been using some form of Progesterone for years now, so , I can tell you it balances out that estrogen factor causing we ladies most of the problems we're encountering. You should also look into getting testosterone shots, they will shrink those fibroids down to nothing, but both of these are cheaper by far than endometrial ablation or hyterectomy.

Another article for you: Get Rid of Your Uterine Fibroid About Progesterone Cream which works transdermally through the skin into your blood stream and 1 jar will last about 4 months.

This is just advice for you. I read alot about gynecology studying my own problem and figured it out on my own. I hope this helps you.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A new study shows Vitamin D has been found to shrink fibroid tumors.

The findings are great news for women, since vitamin D is safe and side effect-free; inexpensive; and beneficial in a wide range of other therapeutic uses. Rather than have to undergo a highly-invasive surgical procedure, in other words, many women with developing fibroid tumors may potentially benefit from simply exposing themselves more regularly to natural sunlight, or by supplementing with natural vitamin D3 pills.

www.naturalnews.com...

Study sponsored by NIH

On average, uterine fibroids in the group receiving vitamin D were 75 percent smaller than those in the untreated group.

www.nih.gov...

No side effects and good for you anyway - probably worth a shot.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'll definitely give that a go too. I've been suffering severe horrific cramps since yesterday around 8pm. I got one hour of sleep from them keeping me up too.

I'll go serial killer on my own stomach if this doesn't stop, haha. (not really. Sometimes if feels if I remove it myself, that pain would be less than the cramps).

top topics

join