It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your help, ATS! (Iranian question)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes, I need help from the most diverse and intelligent group to inhabit the Internet.

I have been digging into the Iranian nuclear issue and could swear I once saw reports of Iranian uranium enrichment levels well above 20%. But I have been unable to find any reliable source to back up these memories. Can anyone point me to official documents that specify known or at least reasonably suspected uranium enrichment levels well above 20% found in Iran?

Thanks for the help.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
IAEA report of "traces" of uranium enriched at 27% at Fordo site

Analysts say 27% would bring Iran closer to making weapons-grade uranium.

The latest report by the International Atomic Energy Agency says Iranian officials told inspectors that the production of such particles "may happen for technical reasons beyond the operator's control".

Iran insists its nuclear work is purely peaceful, but Western countries fear it is seeking nuclear weapons, which require uranium enriched up to 90%

Source - BBC

Details were far from conclusive
edit on 11-8-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I found this from the Wallstreet Journal. It only says so much, to read the full story you have to subscribe.

LINK

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks, both of you. I'm starting to question the official story of weapons grade uranium being attempted. 27% in quantity would be a concern, but in trace amounts (I assume unmeasurable amounts since no quantity is specified) it is an anomaly at best.

If anyone has any information on higher levels ever found, please let me know here. Something is starting to smell very fishy, and it ain't a seafood restaurant.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Hi,
Would this be relevant?

It is thought that the highest level of enrichment being conducted by the Iranians is 20 percent at the Tehran research reactor. This falls well short of the 80 or 90 percent enrichment that is necessary to create an atomic bomb.

edit on (8/11/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

That is exactly what I am finding. 20% enrichment (MEU) is not out of the ordinary, especially for a research reactor which Iran definitely has (and is building more). Not weapons grade at all, nor an indication of such.

So why all the screaming about Iran creating nuclear capabilities?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

US has higher traces of enriched Uranium and has used nuclear weapons on other people.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by jlm912

US has higher traces of enriched Uranium and has used nuclear weapons on other people.

I think we knew that at least.......whats the chances that 27% is tops in the enrichment centrifuge?
When enriching the stuff is it gonna get all enriched evenly?
And if not 27 is not at all weapons grade.
And what about the stuff for medicine?
As Canada was making the isotopes or has been for much of the world.....is Iran gonna set up a medical isotope shop?(canadas plant is getting old now...)
if so, then what will they have to do to provide the isotopes to hospitals etc?in terms of % enriched......
They could be just doing that and not weapons grade....
OR they could be trying to have just the materials for assembly of a weapon ready, but not assemble it till they need it....?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

If there were any appreciable amount of 27%, especially in process of further enrichment, I would be screaming about nuclear weapons development (as I have done in the past). But traces... it's like mowing your yard: a few stalks of grass are always left a little higher than the rest.

As for medical, that is what the 20% enrichment is for. Power production only requires 3-5% enrichment. Iran has already indicated they have a research reactor program.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I really have no links or information to offer here, I simply joined in to say I believe you are on the right track here and you made me smile with the comment below.
"But traces... it's like mowing your yard: a few stalks of grass are always left a little higher than the rest."

That statement you made could apply to all kinds of things and now when I hear numbers/ statistics on the news I will remember your wisdom.

Enjoying your thread and will stay tuned just because.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by jlm912

I heard people talk, but now I know it's true..

You hate America.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I found this from the Wallstreet Journal. It only says so much, to read the full story you have to subscribe.

LINK

I am curious as to what this article says in full, if anyone here does subscribe could you possibly post a quick run down on the gist of the article?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

reply to post by jlm912

I heard people talk, but now I know it's true..

You hate America.

I wouldn't say he hates America. I would say he is just telling the truth and it is the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by jlm912

To end 4 years of war and to save the lives of thousands of US soldiers and brainwashed civilians.We took massive casualties taking Okinawa,witnessing suicidal kamikazi attacks.Common knowledge to all but the professional.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

we also knew about an Incoming attack on what harbor was that oh PEARL harbor. yeah we were warned.
im surprised we werent running a drill that day for an air invasion

not to mention your beloved US leaders Gyp'd japan after.... oh never mind if you haven't googled the events leading up to pearl harbor by now you never will.
edit on 8/12/2012 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by loveguy

That is exactly what I am finding. 20% enrichment (MEU) is not out of the ordinary, especially for a research reactor which Iran definitely has (and is building more). Not weapons grade at all, nor an indication of such.

TheRedneck

Hi,
Purely conjecture on my part as I tend to come out of left field;

Nuclear capabilities are misconstrued. Lighting a light bulb is what Iran is after (20% enrichment). Finger-pointing tattle-tails are saying Iran wants to light the sky.

It's the deceptive tattle-tails who are trying to light the sky, because just lighting light bulbs isn't cool enough anymore.

Let's not forget the suppression of Iran's automotive industry...how do we know it's not viable?
Made in Iran

The revolution and the U.S. boycott hit the Iranian car market hard. The Islamic rulers nationalized the industry, and many foreign automakers went along with the boycott, not wanting to jeopardize their more valuable U.S. operations.

edit on (8/12/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by loveguy

TheRedneck

The whole thing has nothing to do with nuclear enrichment, Iran has signed the NPT and allowed to build reactors for energy and medical use. But the US and Israel have always tried to block them on anything they do, telling them they are not allowed to enrich their own Uranium.

Iran is just another area to capture, The US, along with its European lapdogs is playing Risk with the world, saying there is a nuclear threat is like rolling a double 6, lets them move lots of troops in. None of the recent wars have been about anything other than land and resources, but that is normal fare for war. BS excuses and ordinary people paying the price.

War will come to Iran, its is guaranteed now. The US is stalling, wanting to finish Syria off and then hold on until after the election but Israel know if they pull the trigger the US will join in. The sad part is we all know it is phoney, we all know there is no need for war and all the killing and destruction, but we seem helpless to stop it

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

I personally think it's about keeping Iran in check concerning their leverage in the ME and the global market. It's not just about nuclear weapons capabilities, but the fact that with their nuclear program, it's energy uses and what not, is lessening their dependence on their own oil, giving them more to supply to the world market, but that's got a cork in it thanks to sanctions.

Even that's just scraping the surface, though.

Imperialism...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
To end 4 years of war and to save the lives of thousands of US soldiers and brainwashed civilians

Surely, you don't mean U.S. civilians...?

Or even Japanese civilians. Those within the blast ranges surely were not saved.

But go on, tell us about how the end justified the means...
edit on 12-8-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
27% wouldn't even make a fire cracker, you need 90% enrichment for weapons grade.

I see the US hater is back from under his stone. hmm

top topics

<<   2 >>

join