It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to take control of our evolution: Mind-over-Genetics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
“No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” -Albert Einstein

We have a lot of problems. If we want to solve them we need to evolve to the next level. We can't stay here on this level anymore.

Nor can we wait for evolution to take its natural course. Nor can we wait for science - it's just a house-of-cards on a wobbly table. We need to take charge of our evolution ourselves. Now.

The key is psychic ability. We need to develop our psychic "muscles" and use them to take control of our genetics. Sort of like how we use them to take control of matter...psychokinesis. Mind-over-genetics is just an extension of mind-over-matter.

edit on 11-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I dont see why we would need to evolve, we are well adapted to our environment. We are so well adapted that our environment evolves to adapt to us, by our hand ofcourse.

How could evolution benefit us any further?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Considering that much of the things that people say they want to see in humans, I've already seen in a disease? Yeah, right.

For instance: I want to process more stimuli than other people, all at one time.

What in the world do you think Autism is? These are kids that cannot ignore stimuli like the rest of us, so they are literally processing more stimuli.

So, a lot of the things I see humans wanting, more often looks like a curse.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Well.... you see there is a big problem here with your logic. We are evolution. You say we can't wait for nature, but we are nature. And then you dismiss science, which is the only objective means of studying nature... so....?

The key is psychic ability

Okay... I'll be sneaking out now.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

How ironic that someone with a user name 'openlocks' with a brain being unlocked is closedminded to psychic ability.

It's not like how it is in comics, ya'know. It's a mechanism of evolution, among other things. But whatever, bye.

We need to take control of it so that we can bring it into accord with the intention to evolve, heal, solve. We need to use our collective psychic strength rather than our individual strength. We can't let the small minded and the fearful and the control freaks stop us.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Okay, well if you want to get all defensive and smart with me that is fine. But I have actually studied these things in a professional setting and plowed through research into intuitive learning. There are things about the human brain that will blow your socks clean off and make the stuff you are talking about sound like a lecture on computational mathematics (boring). We have actually verified things like "psychic ability" (I say "like" very sternly because it is not some crystal ball pseudo-science explanation that most people think of, it is all explained very clearly in scientific neuropsycho terms) are present within some individuals.

I just thought it was funny you are claiming this is the "key" to our evolutionary survival. Chill out, I agree with you on everything else. Learn to take some constructive criticism, don't be so totalitarian...

Here is something to read... www.psychologytoday.com...
edit on 11-8-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My mind can't pro-create, unless your talking about clones here.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Nature "taking it's course" can't be topped. It's just part of the human ego to assume we can take control of everything.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Nor can we wait for evolution to take its natural course.

Maybe it is just evolution following right on course.

Possibly this is how evolution works sometimes. Evolution is smart. It can tell when a species is in trouble and adaptaion needs to happen now or if its safe to make the adaptations over time because the spieces isnt in danger. follow me? ......just a thought

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Nor can we wait for evolution to take its natural course.

Maybe it is just evolution following right on course.

Possibly this is how evolution works sometimes. Evolution is smart. It can tell when a species is in trouble and adaptaion needs to happen now or if its safe to make the adaptations over time because the spieces isnt in danger. follow me? ......just a thought

Wait wait wait... so somehow our individual bodies can tell if and when the entire species is in some kind of dilemma? That would imply that we are all one single entity, which isn't the case.

Seems legit...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

That would imply that we are all one single entity, which isn't the case.

Oh yes, it is the case.

“Out of my experience, such as it is (and it is limited enough) one fixed conclusion dogmatically emerges, and that is this, that we with our lives are like islands in the sea, or like trees in the forest. The maple and the pine may whisper to each other with their leaves. . . .But the trees also commingle their roots in the darkness underground, and the islands also hang together through the ocean’s bottom. Just so there is a continuum of cosmic consciousness, against which our individuality builds but accidental fences, and into which our several minds plunge as into a mother-sea or reservoir.”

-William James

edit on 12-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Personally, what would you do or suggest to develop psychic abilities? Tell people to start thinking by themselves (something, nowadays, which seems almost nonexistent)? Tell them to relearn to trust their own consciousness? Tell people to observe and explore their own nature? Tell them to become aware of their incredibly profound conditioning? Telling them all that would probably suffice! And for the seekers, there are a plethora of systems which goal is to gradually lead them to the discovery of their true nature.

One of them is yoga. If we take its lowest form, hatha yoga, it teaches us, through experience, that efforts and movements aren't needed at all to gain or maintain health. Immobility of the body in conjunction with effortless body and hand mudras suffice. At a later stage, siddhis can develop naturally with only hand mudras. Higher forms of yogas will make people realize, through experience, that stillness can be more powerful than activity, that reason is far from being the highest faculty (being aware of your own intellection is already a strong indication), etc. All forms of yogas will ultimately lead to the realization that what is nowadays considered to be paranormal or an aberration is, in fact, something totally natural (e.g.: telepathy, clairsentience, clairvoyance, direct inner knowledge, etc.). Tantra and Dzogchen are also other efficient methods.

Interestingly, some people will have the mantra "f#ck it all", live a normal life, just be themselves and through concourse of circumstances will see their latent faculties unfold without any seeking.

edit on 12-8-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

join