It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns Europe to Prepare for Terrorist Attacks by Iranian-Backed Hezbollah

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

History has quite a few examples that show your reasoning to be... unwise. "They'll never attack" is the motto of nations past.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Let's not be silly, Hezbollah have committed terrorist attacks in the past (as in on civilian targets, politically motivated) and mainly Jewish ones at that. Whether these latest warnings are based on fact is another question.

Someone carried out the recent attack in Bulgaria and attempted one in Cyprus. If it is Hezbollah/Iran you would think the motive is a warning against any attack upon them by Israel/US.

What is silly is the framing of these warnings. As if these threats have come about in a political vacuum and not as a reaction to US/Israeli actions.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Ph03n1x

They aren't going to attack anyone so I wouldn't worry about it. This is just more nonsense and should not be taken seriously. If anything, the west will attack before Iran.

Oh really? so i assume you are an iranian government official if you know for a certainty they won't attack...

i do not believe everything i am told anyway but for you to say with such confidence that iran will not attack and the west will attack first just stinks of arrogance.......

you are in fact not all knowing therefore cannot be sure of what you say..........

is it likely that some type of war in the region is coming? of course!

but nobody can say for sure how or when it will begin....

peace

link   
reply to post by murkraz

it seems US knows everything ! I wonder why they did not know the attack of barbaric Bin Laden in their own country. or maybe just maybe .......

link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Ph03n1x

They aren't going to attack anyone so I wouldn't worry about it. This is just more nonsense and should not be taken seriously. If anything, the west will attack before Iran.

Oh really? so i assume you are an iranian government official if you know for a certainty they won't attack...

i do not believe everything i am told anyway but for you to say with such confidence that iran will not attack and the west will attack first just stinks of arrogance.......

you are in fact not all knowing therefore cannot be sure of what you say..........

peace

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

it seems US knows everything ! I wonder why they did not know the attack of barbaric Bin Laden in their own country. or maybe just maybe .......

The systems we had in 2001 were a product of funding cuts and failures of management following a lack of leadership with the attitude of "we won!" following the collapse of the USSR.

The CIA was decapitated by politicians who could now justify taking action against an agency that had, for decades, blackmailed U.S. political officials and/or held evidence over their heads (Watergate).

We had warnings back in 2001 but failed to process and act upon them in an effective manner.

That successful strike has since inspired a much more robust and effective intelligence system. Hence why we know quite a bit now, and why we like to give other people a heads up to try and prevent similar things from happening to them.

Hopefully, this is the last we hear of it - hopefully it convinces any attacks to be called off for fear of being compromised, allows the Brits to prevent an attack before it happens, or it was just a bit of over-hyped intelligence.

The problem is that when the public hears stuff like this, they like to, oddly, expect it - and even consider it a failure on behalf of the government if something doesn't happen. "Ah, they always give these terrorist warnings - nothing ever happens!"

Except more happens than many people will ever know - people get intercepted planning all manner of bad things (and not all of them are tied to middle east terrorist organizations). But because it works - it gives the impression there was nothing to worry about to begin with.

Honestly, I don't think we should publicize stuff like this. We should tip off their intel systems and allow our operatives to make bad people disappear and their plans along with them.

The less the public knows about all of it - the better.

But you run into the problem of using the public's money to do it... and that requires explanations... it's a mess.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Well going off track records, I would say the west would attack first.. Iran as a country have not been in a war for a very long time and the only war which was brought to them was by a western backed Iraqi army. Again, the west or Israel will attack and even if Iran was too attack, it would be provoked anyway.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Sorry but I do not see Iran making any move to attack any country in the near future. the only way they will attack is if they are attacked and history says the West are very good at that. Iran no so.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Originally posted by Ph03n1x

The Iranian track record suggests that they will not attack as in recent history they have not been a country who rely on liberating countries and murdering thousands of people while they do it. I know your thinking what about the crimes against humanity in their country? Well, it is nothing compared to the people who have died across the world from endless unjustified invasions from the west.

Do a history lesson and you will see that I am not arrogant and just basing my opinion off recent history.

Again, check out some recent history...

Umm yeah.. but do you think Iran are going to start it? I don't. I think it will be Israel. they are the ones banging the war drums and are most likely to cause a conflict in the middle east concerning Iran. If Iran wanted to attack Israel, they would of done it long ago. Isn't it interesting that even when Israel was attacked after WW2, Iran were not one of the countries...

peace

Iran may surprise me, but I doubt it. Your right though, nobody knows when or how. But again , all I am doing is basing my opinion off recent history. Iran may have influence in regional issues but apart from that, to me they could not give two craps what is happening in Europe or the USA. From the other side, it is quiet the opposite. The USA ans Israel are pushing and pushing.That is not good news for the middle east and is also one reason why I believe the initial strike will come from a western nation. We will see.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Sorry but I do not see Iran making any move to attack any country in the near future. the only way they will attack is if they are attacked and history says the West are very good at that. Iran no so.

That's the wonder of using organizational proxies.

Iran doesn't have to attack. Hezbollah is who we are discussing. Of course - the Iranian government funds Hezbollah and shelters their organization from international interests - but it's enough of a proxy to keep a military response to Hezbollah's actions less than reflexive.

To be honest I don't see Iran existing in the world that is developing. Economic forces will end up forcing the country into a number of changes or foreign nations will get tired of their sponsoring of terrorist organizations and turn them into a parking lot.

I'll be alright with either. I won't be going there for vacation in either case. I'll work over in this region for good pay - but I prefer living and visiting places where the air is cooler than my body temperature and the humidity is below 90%. Oh - and that experience the magical phenomena known as rain (where water falls from, get this - the sky!)

I'm going to be looking at leaves blowing in the wind like a #ing stoner whenever I get back, dancing in the rain, rolling in the grass, and getting lost in the forest. I'll probably have a friggin' orgasm from the feel of cool air on my skin. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to suppress an inhuman, raging instinct to scream at the air (or fire a weapon into it) because you're pissed about it being hot. 125 degrees with 95% humidity in full battle rattle is ridiculous. Drinking six liters of water in three hours without having to take a leak is not right.

So it makes no difference to me if they decide to get with the program and be friendly or if they get turned into a sea of solar panels. Either is an improvement.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

It makes no difference to me either. But from what I can see, more of the dictating is coming from the west. I find it hilarious actually. Dictating to dictators.. it just never ends

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It's really no different than the concept of 65% of the population being able to pass into effect a set of requirements that may only affect 5% of the population.

The human psyche is wired to form alliances for the sake of dominance over competitors. Since there doesn't exist an animal in nature that has developed outside of such a system - it's impossible to know if it is even possible for our own species to cognitively develop a system or naturally evolve away from such competitive instincts.

Not that I'd find any such result to be a particularly entertaining creature.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Excellent rant. I'd flag ya if I could.

NORAD could track a nuke from Russia to target and yet there would still be someone saying that it was actually Hillary Clinton who pushed the button.

"Oh! That "Reset" button I gave you a bit back, I haven't seen that in awhile." *pushes button*

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

The U.S does not fear. The U.S knows.

This war on terror is one of the grandest farces ever perpetuated on not just the American people, but the world as a whole!

edit on 11-8-2012 by VaterOrlaag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I watched a documentary called 'Iran is not the problem'. I have looked at other publications to verify what they said in the documentary. And they were right. Iran definitely not a threat. The greatest threat to humanity is Zionist Israel and it's pawns the US, UK, EU, Turkey and the Saudi States. Especially the US. They have been up to lots of dastardly plots. Here's a pic that basically explains itself!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
I watched a documentary called 'Iran is not the problem'. I have looked at other publications to verify what they said in the documentary. And they were right. Iran definitely not a threat. The greatest threat to humanity is Zionist Israel and it's pawns the US, UK, EU, Turkey and the Saudi States. Especially the US. They have been up to lots of dastardly plots. Here's a pic that basically explains itself!

That pic already has a coupla threads on it.

I call BS. Iran knows it cannot defeat the US, much less NATO and hence fight their wars through proxies.

Just like the rest.

Thank you for buying our propaganda, please come again.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz

US Warns Europe to Prepare for Terrorist Attacks by Iranian-Backed Hezbollah

www.ra wstory.com

The United States fears the Iranian-backed Lebanese militant group Hezbollah may be planning imminent attacks in Europe and around the world, a senior security official in Washington said Friday.

“Our assessment is that Hezbollah and Iran will both continue to maintain a heightened level of terrorist activity and operations in the near future,” said Daniel Benjamin, the US State Department’s counter-terrorism coordinator.

“We are increasingly concerned about Hezbollah’s activities on a number of fronts, including its stepped up terrorist campaign around the world,” he said.

“We assess that Hezbollah could attack in Europe or elsewhere at any time with little or no warning,” he warned, in a conference call with reporters to announce US sanctions against Hezbollah, Iran and Syria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.metro.co.uk
edit on 11/8/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

I have no doubt this is in the planning. I am sure that any country who has been targeted like Iran will make plans to go on the offensive using asymmetrical warfare of every type they can find.

The US and Israel have already been violating the sovereign territory of Iran; murdering Iranian citizens; sending in unmanned drones; massive cyber attacks on their nuclear programs....

The fact is that we are already at war with Iran we just haven't openly declared it yet!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Do you read what you write ?

I don't see a legitimate purpose to going around claiming that people probably want to attack people. It seems so useless and wasteful.

There are several legitimate purposes to issue warnings, the principle is so basic and intrinsic to any social structure, even in nature.

Now, the point is that there are also illegitimate reasons to issue warnings. Most of it can only be assessed at posteriori or by the record and credentials of those that issue the warnings.

The general premise in this thread is that the warning is to force a defensive stance on Europe in regards to the source of attacks. This of course would be advantageous to help the Anglo-American + Israel interests in not only monitor possible infiltrations but activities to undermine the embargoes already in place.

In Syria there is a defacto repetition of what happened in Libya, the distinction is that Russia and China decided to protect their interest there as they have learned and have more to lose, especially if the Anglo-American + Israel compact succeeds into going after Iran.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
A warning had been sounded. It would be best for everyone to take precautions, but not necessarily to fear. For to fear, the terrorists would have won.

We can still get on with life. Security today is no longer that of the early noughties. Agencies are better trained and coordinated. Technology the best such as cameras surveying large swarthes of areas. Detactors, monitors of crime or gas are spread out in critical areas.

Hospitals and science advancements have the capabilities and stocks to deal with most emergencies.

However, we must not be complacent. All it takes is just one mistake, one's carelessness, one's apathy, one's delusion, one's propaganda, from anyone.

Thankfully, those criminals do not have the ability to course high dammage. To do so, they would need vast quantities of arms and ammo, which will attract attention. Equally true if they have many to do the job, for the more there is, the more difficult not to arouse suspicion, more so in this current times of an awakened world whom rejects their religious or political ideologies, which will find little or even no support.

Secondly, they do not exists out of vacuums. They would leave trails behind, even if they blow themselves up, and will lead to those who had instructed them. Crime will not pay, as Bin Laden found out.

Hopefully, may those criminals and their mastermind realized the furtility of their actions, and give it up now, before it's too late. Every human life is precious and means something special to another, including the brainwashed suicide bomber.

Good Luck to all. Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am getting tired and fed up of reading this propaganda. All and every single piece of it, from each and everyone peddling their rotten agendas. They all offend my intelligence and reasoning.

Do what thy will. I no longer care anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join