It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free--Without Parental Consent (some States)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
August 1st ushered in some new PPACA (ObamaCare) mandates.

"Free" sterilizations to "all women with reproductive capacity" is one.

The (unforeseen) "problem" is many states will allow sterilizations to girls based on the "age of majority".

Oregon has done this and their "age" is 15.

The law itself makes no provisions to age limits in PPACA Section 2713

The law gives the "flexibility" to the HHS Secretary who uses committees and advisory panels. Elected officials may not have the final say.

HHS has not specified any age limits or parental consent either.

(CNSNews.com) - Thanks to an Obamacare regulation that took effect on Aug. 1, health care plans in Oregon will now be required to provide free sterilizations to 15- year-old girls even if the parents of those girls do not consent to the procedure.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius finalized the regulation earlier this year.

It says that all health care plans in the United States--except those provided by actual houses of worship organized under the section of the Internal Revenue Code reserved for churches per se--must provide coverage, without cost-sharing, for sterilizations and all Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptives to “all women with reproductive capacity.”.....

HHS said nothing about restricting the provision of these free "preventive services" to women who were 18 or older, or 21 or older, or even 15 or older. The regulation simply said "all women with reproductive capacity."

However, states have varying laws on the age of consent. CNSNews.com took a look at Oregon and its rule of consent for sterilization--one of the free services required by the Obama administration's regulation.

In Oregon, the age of informed consent is 15, and the law and rules on sterilization are detailed in the Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 436.205 to 436.335.

I hope this does not lead into some "regrettable" decisions

Long informative article (with some choice videos starring Nancy Pelosi as a bonus)

Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free--Without Parental Consent

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Let's not misconstrue this . The age of 15 is a legal age of consent as far as reproductive choices ..fine. There is no pro-life/pro-choice argument against sterilization so now they have to make an issue out of it, targeting the semantics of law.

How's that for divide and conquer?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Obamacare is part of a greater de-population agenda. What else will it take to convince people? I am just amazed at the volume of people who are accepting this. Do people have some kind of misguided idea that it's not doing what it is doing, or that it's some kind of crazy collateral for the supposed benefits touted by the Democrat Party?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Obamacare is part of a greater de-population agenda. What else will it take to convince people? I am just amazed at the volume of people who are accepting this. Do people have some kind of misguided idea that it's not doing what it is doing, or that it's some kind of crazy collateral for the supposed benefits touted by the Democrat Party?

STERILIZATION IS GOOD FOR HUMANS.
edit on 11-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: rephrase

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Depopulation agenda ? Giving people who don't want or can't handle more kids, super easy access to the means of obtaining that? Sounds like "sound" economics to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
If they can't make babies, what good are they.

Sex toys for old pervert politicians.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I wanted my tubes tied when I was 18 years old. I was willing to pay for this, as an it's optional procedure. I would have even been happy to finance it and pay interest. Doctors refused because I was "so young I will change my mind."

I wanted my tubes tied when I was 25. See above.

I'm now 31. That's 13 years of wanting to be fixed I'm still "too young" as of 6 months ago.

So exactly when do *I* get to decide what I want to do with *my body* you ask?

Apparently sometime when I'm past reproductive age. You know, when it no longer matters...

Let em get sterilized if they want to. It's their choice, their body. At least this way they will have access to the medical procedures they should have access to.

This is the only part of Obamacare I've heard of that I actually agree with.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Now I am all for bashing Big Government and making it clear that it has no place in this modern world.

BUT... Let's not blow this out of proportion and act like a disinformation center.

As far as I read it, it is Birth CONTROL, NOT actual Sterilization. Two completely different things.
Hence once a period has passed after received the birth control, the females can then reproduce if they want.

How is this any different to Health Care plans offering free condoms for males? Or if you want it at the same level, spermacide cream?

You need to chill for a second and look at the actual benefits of Birth Control.
There are a lot of humans that should not birth and "raise" children.
Birth control is a VERY GOOD thing.

ETA
Just opened the document you linked... Not anywhere in the document does it use the words;
Reproductive or Sterilization.

What the hell are you on man?
edit on 11/8/2012 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

In Oregon, the age of informed consent is 15, and the law and rules on sterilization are detailed in the Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 436.205 to 436.335.

Hahaha what I find funny about this is these girls can't consent to sexual intercourse but they can consent to sexual sterilization. Ahhh the hypocrisy in this world.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

As far as I read it, it is Birth CONTROL, NOT actual Sterilization. Two completely different things.
No it is about sterilization dude. But really I don't see anything really wrong with it. It's their choice, it's not like they are being forced to do anything... if the law says they can consent to such a procedure at 15 then that's their decision.
edit on 11/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Eh, how many teenage girls sit around thinking "I want to get sterilized." If any do, it has to be an extremely small number. Most teenage girls I was around as a teen were all talking about wanting to have kids one day, just not too soon. And the others either had a baby or an abortion. I feel like this is a non issue.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Ive been trying to give my uterus away for almost 7 years.. no one will take it out
Im serious.. my last pregnancy was hard.. I had a late baby.. I asked repeatedly and they wouldnt do it! I couldnt believe it and I have GREAT insurance. They sure paid for my husbands being snipped though. I mean we are in our 40's and want sport or fun sex and not have to worry about pregnancy and I dont NEED a period.. these goofs wont listen to a grown woman who has 3 children and is older.. leave my ovaries in for all I care.. just take the bothersome thing out. Incredible to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

BS. What state? When doing self pay the only real requirements are that youre not nuts or doing drugs past 18 or 21. I call complete BS that a woman past 21 could not get this procedure done. Tell us why you were barred, cite law, or at least tell us your state. Not being able to afford it or being deemed mentally unstable or being a drug user are really the only hurdles. Granted my research and this reply have been conducted on a cell phone, but Im calling BS.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Ameilia

BS. What state? When doing self pay the only real requirements are that youre not nuts or doing drugs past 18 or 21. I call complete BS that a woman past 21 could not get this procedure done. Tell us why you were barred, cite law, or at least tell us your state. Not being able to afford it or being deemed mentally unstable or being a drug user are really the only hurdles. Granted my research and this reply have been conducted on a cell phone, but Im calling BS.

They did it tome too.. I think its cost for insurance. Im serious. They paid no problem for my husband being sterilized.. easier cheaper procedure.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Well if insurance is involved its a no holds crap fest. I just dont believe if you have cash in hand its illegal to get the chutes and ladders going in circles. Hello bad anaolgy!

ETA would you mind explaining avatar? I like it and it seems familiar but I cant place it. Now just because Im a sottened kitty looking at a tablet without contacts doesnt mean the whole thing looks like some sort of test a shrink would have you state at.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Advantage

Well if insurance is involved its a no holds crap fest. I just dont believe if you have cash in hand its illegal to get the chutes and ladders going in circles. Hello bad anaolgy!

Oh I could get it with cash in hand.. but I could buy a mansion and a yacht with what theyd charge me for an operating room and a recovery room alone.. not to mention the meds and Drs and etc.
They call it "elective" if you arent dying from something or have fibroids or some other godawful thing. Unfortunately my uterus is fine and dandy.. traitor.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Ahhh, Obamacare. ACA. It's just designed to help people who can't get insurance.

I mean, there's no social engineering or attempts at manipulating the populace or anything like that.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Ahhh, Obamacare. ACA. It's just designed to help people who can't get insurance.

I mean, there's no social engineering or attempts at manipulating the populace or anything like that.

Im stealing that pic ya goof.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Now I am all for bashing Big Government and making it clear that it has no place in this modern world.

BUT... Let's not blow this out of proportion and act like a disinformation center.

Hence once a period has passed after received the birth control, the females can then reproduce if they want.

How is this any different to Health Care plans offering free condoms for males? Or if you want it at the same level, spermacide cream?

You need to chill for a second and look at the actual benefits of Birth Control.
There are a lot of humans that should not birth and "raise" children.
Birth control is a VERY GOOD thing.

ETA
Just opened the document you linked... Not anywhere in the document does it use the words;
Reproductive or Sterilization.

What the hell are you on man?
edit on 11/8/2012 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

The PPACA law gives the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services the "authority".

The HHS policies were announced last March after much debate.

(article from March 17, 2012)..(focusing on college students)

(CNSNews.com) - All student health care plans covering female college students in the United States must include coverage for free voluntary sterilization surgery, the Department of Health and Human Services announced late Friday afternoon.....

“As relevant here, the HRSA Guidelines require coverage, without cost sharing, for ‘[a]ll Food and Drug Administration [(FDA)] approved contraceptive methods, sterilization procedures, and patient education and counseling for all women with reproductive capacity,’ as prescribed by a provider,” said the HHS description of the regulation, which will be published in the March 21 edition of the Federal Register.

In announcing the rule for college-based health plans, HHS said it would follow the same system for enforcing the rule on religious colleges and universities that object to purchasing sterilizations, contraceptives and abortifacients for its students that President Barack Obama has proposed for enforcing the regulation on religious non-profit organizations in the coverage for their employees: The insurer will be forced to provide the sterilizations, contraceptives and abortifacients to the students free of charge....

Free Sterilizations Must be Offered to All College Women, Says HHS

This is the HHS consent form: HHS-687

This is the HHS website:

Contraception and contraceptive counseling: Women will have access to all Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptive methods, sterilization procedures, and patient education and counseling. These recommendations do not include abortifacient drugs. Most workers in employer-sponsored plans are currently covered for contraceptives. Contraception has additional health benefits like reduced risk of cancer and protection against osteoporosis.
Affordable Care Act Rules on Expanding Access to Preventive Services for Women

Also, re-read the OP article and see the links for Oregon's sterilization policy under PPACA !!

It's all there.

This is no joke.

The PPACA laws are slowly being implemented.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Where did you get that pic of nibiru?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join