It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to announce running mate Saturday in Va.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Okay! Romney finally picked a worthwhile vice-president candidate.

When is Obama going to pick one?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

When is Obama going to pick one?

LOL, now I agree with that!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by NorEaster

Ridiculous response, proven by the fact you have nothing more to say than invoke racism into the discussion.
So tell me something, I gave you hard evidence on what went down regarding the auto bailouts and you come back with some kind of threat that sounds like this "Lord help you if your party wins or tries to obstruct the voting process".....

Where was your outrage when the Black panthers threatened and intimidated the white voters in Philly? Obama's hands all in that too!

I don't give a rats ass if he is purple with pink polka dots, our president is nothing but a liar and a cheat and a thug! You want to vote again for a criminal that is your prerogative But you have no idea what your man has in store for you next go round..

There was no evidence given, you referencing the black panthers and Obama prove you are racist. Please stay in Virgina, the rest of the country does not think like you.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Paul Ryan scares the sh*t out of most Republicans, and Mitt just ignored the majority of his own party with this pick.

Why and what Republicans? I always love these blanket statements that are a mainstay on ATS though.

Man, conservatives really are wired differently than most other people. Especially hard-right conservatives. I have no idea what they see when they look at the world in front of them.

.... Just had to get the jab in didn't you?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatusSamcrow:You are right! He is not smart, he is brilliant! How can you make such a blanket statement about Ryan's intellect? You know nothing about this man, because if you did, you would never claim he is not smart. Take a look at this video, it clearly states that this man knows what he is talking about and schools Obama on his failed healthcare plan.

In my opinion, this should sum up "who Ryan is" . It should also make your decision very easy when you go to the polls.

Pax

No, what Ryan is doing in that video is performing very shrewd, but typical, political parlor tricks. At the point that video was taped, the bill hadn't yet been fully scored by the CBO, ergo none of Ryan's numbers are real. He's inflating statistics in a way that makes him sound smart, but in reality he hasn't a solitary clue what he's talking about.

Furthermore, the irony of a guy whose own 'budget' plan would kick approximately 48 million Americans off health care crying about his own fabricated number of a tenth of that is such that it says little about the American public that these kinds of shenanigans aren't called out. Additionally, the so-called Ryan Plan would, according to the CBO's best guess (since Ryan hasn't ever actually submitted a real plan for scoring), would raise the deficit, not lower it.

No, Mr. Ryan is not a 'brilliant' man by any definition of the term. He's a very savvy politician capable of talking quickly and sounding smart in an arena where style always trumps substance. He's literally a laughingstock in serious economic circles and always has been.

I would suggest doing some reading before continuing this.

You can start here:

CBO Releases
edit on 11-8-2012 by samcrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Paul Ryan, PR, Ron Paul, RP, methinks this is a sneaky way to trick some lukewarm Ron Paul supporters (who haven't been paying attention), or those that heard about Ron Paul from a friend, into voting Romney. Otherwise, it's one heckuva name-coincidence.
I thought Condi Rice would've been the slam dunk the campaign needed.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by NorEaster

Ridiculous response, proven by the fact you have nothing more to say than invoke racism into the discussion.
So tell me something, I gave you hard evidence on what went down regarding the auto bailouts and you come back with some kind of threat that sounds like this "Lord help you if your party wins or tries to obstruct the voting process".....

Where was your outrage when the Black panthers threatened and intimidated the white voters in Philly? Obama's hands all in that too!

I don't give a rats ass if he is purple with pink polka dots, our president is nothing but a liar and a cheat and a thug! You want to vote again for a criminal that is your prerogative But you have no idea what your man has in store for you next go round..

There was no evidence given, you referencing the black panthers and Obama prove you are racist. Please stay in Virgina, the rest of the country does not think like you.

No evidence?? Geithner put his stamp of approval on this decision!!! But you did not bother even looking at the link.

That's right, pull the race card. Referencing the Black Panthers was a racist remark, when the poster was talking about voter intimidation? Right! LOL! Hers's the little tricks your panthers and the Obama administration
pulled....Please explain without deflecting by saying I'm racist.

Judicial Watch v. Department of Justice (No. 10-851) – documents regarding dismissal of case U.S. v. New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense Last Updated: July 31, 2012

Synopsis Judicial Watch filed its lawsuit against the Justice Department to obtain documents regarding the DOJ’s decision to dismiss the voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense.

On September 15, the Justice Department provided a list of documents which they would be producing — called a Vaughn index — which shows that the two top political appointees at the DOJ were involved in the decision to dismiss the case, which contradicts sworn testimony by Thomas Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division, who testified before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights that no political leadership was involved in the decision.

judicialwatch.org

Now before you run your mouth again about me being a racist, it may behoove you to look at my previous posts and threads on Herman Cain.

above top secret

above top secret

You see I do not have a problem with the color of ones skin, that seems to be you. I care about a man pretending to love this country, lying every time he opens his mouth, picking thugs to run his administration, his eroding my freedoms, and crapping all over our constitution and having the cajones to call himself a leader.

He has been the worst POTUS we have ever had. His record supports this.

For the love of God open your eyes to the bigger picture. He wants to continue dividing us based on religion, socioeconomic class, and race. He thinks it's bad if you succeed in your own business . I do not know how you could be for this man, because he certainly is NOT for you!
edit on 8/11/2012 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

No proof??? Are you kidding???

2010:

Eric Holder and Obama protected their own and let them go.

Here's your racism:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Lol, your not even responding to what I was referencing.....But again their is no evidence Obama is supporting Black Panthers.

This is just Propaganda.
edit on 8/12/2012 by Djayed because: Added a little

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

You can be delusional all you want and believe this made up propaganda, again I read your "source" from a website that is 85% false propaganda. Unless you have a voice recording from Obama or something with his signature On it, it is not true....when did America stop needing proof before attacking. You probably think he is from Kenya and all of that other hype as well.

Bush Jr was the worst President we have ever had, how about you open your eyes and start paying attention. I am never going to support a president that doesn't support me.Romney is in a cult, he will never be elected! So cry all you want when Obama gets re-elected, which he will. When you get some real source material from a real news source then we can talk.

Talk about someone needing to be educated.
edit on 8/12/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

reply to post by paxnatus

You can be delusional all you want and believe this made up propaganda, again I read your "source" from a website that is 85% false propaganda. Unless you have a voice recording from Obama or something with his signature On it, it is not true....when did America stop needing proof before attacking. You probably think he is from Kenya and all of that other hype as well.

Attack the argument not the person. I have no hat in this argument but can't stand by while watching you moving the goal posts and then taking aim at those who presented the information to you. Just throwing out "false propaganda" and then propping up a straw man by implying another issue when they have clearly not exhibited it doesn't make your argument.

Bush Jr was the worst President we have ever had, how about you open your eyes and start paying attention.
How about you open yours and then expand your knowledge to the 200+ years this country has been around. President Bush was bad, but wasn't the worst. Short-sighted arguments are giving the read a glimpse that your world started either 16 years ago.

Talk about someone needing to be educated.

Indeed

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Ryan is a brilliant choice for Romney's running mate!

For those that want Obama returned to office by the biggest majority in history, that is.

The GOP's whole midterm election strategy in 2010 was all about how Obama's secret plan was going to destroy Medicare. Now that everybody realizes that the ACA actually strengthens Medicare, the GOP picks a VP candidate whose sole claim to fame is that he has a budget plan that actually explicitly destroys Medicare.

Do they really, honestly, believe that the American voting public is that stupid? Really?

Don't both to answer, its a rhetorical question.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

First, If you look back at the posts I was attacked first by being told I need an IQ test before I vote. Also, articles on a website does not make the article true, either do videos on YouTube.

If you are going to make accusations against our president there needs to be proof. No signature or voice recording by Obama or it didn't happen. I am a researcher by trade, don't be sheep. Do your research about daily caller, actually check facts.

And here is the proof to debunk your so called proof
Debunk the auto emails

Read this about one of their articles, it speaks to most of the websites so called News.

The daily caller is right propaganda

News and opinion site-guess they don't tell you which one is which

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You can be delusional all you want and believe this made up propaganda,

Delusional would be those who can't see what is directly in front of them. Eric Holder, the man who has in his wallet a card reminding him that he's a black man first before all other things, let the Black Panthers off the hook for obvious racial biased reasons. Obama stood behind Holder. Considering the racist bunk that Obama has spewed and even wrote in his own books ... it's clear Obama's got some racial bias of his own going. ATS Thread - Obama's Biography - FICTION!

Bush Jr was the worst President we have ever had,

Bush43 wasn't the best, but he was hardly the worst.
Carter and Obama are fighting each other for that title.

I am never going to support a president that doesn't support me.

It's not the job of the POTUS or the government to support anyone. You are supposed to support yourself. Expecting the government to support you is the typical mentality that is created by an entitlement society.

Romney is in a cult, he will never be elected!

Obama spent 20 years in the blame-the-white-man-for-everything-wrong, black liberation theology cult. And yet, he got elected. Apparently being in a 'cult' doesn't matter to Americans. ATS Thread - Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church

edit on 8/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: added link

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It's not the job of the POTUS or the government to support anyone. You are supposed to support yourself. Expecting the government to support you is the typical mentality that is created by an entitlement society.

Like most right winged responseS you add in your own meaning to my statements. I support myself financially and have done so since I was 18.

My meaning behind a president that supports me: My President is the first to openly support same sex marriage, to repeal the don't ask don't tell, and considers me a equal american citizen regardless if I am gay.

Romney not only tried to block same sex marriage but tried to make domestic partnerships illegal. So he was trying to remove what little rights gay people had to begin with. When it boils down to it most Rebublicans think gays are an abomination, and gay is a choice. This is really not the thread I want to go into gay issues, but that is the deciding factor for me. Along with the many other reasons I support Obama, I posted a few of them on a prior post, here you go.

Well Romney just lost the Union votes, and secured him losing the election with picking Ryan. Not like I care because I will be voting for Obama again.

And before you call me an obamatron or whatever other insult you can come up with these are some reasons why I am voting for him.

Reasons why I am an Obama supporter:

1. The health care reform bill, wow now Nana can now afford medicine, doctors visits, and food!
2. He supports gay marriage
3. He is a Democrat, it will be a cold day before I vote republican. (with the exception of Ron Paul)
4. He bailed out General Motors, which GM is a big reason why our country used to be where it was. Like it or not but Detroit built this nation and we were going to just let it all burn! But hey let's be proud Americans and buy a Toyota...
5. He called Apple out on his town meeting about not building iPads in the US
6. Repealed don't ask don't tell

I can keep going but giving you 6 reasons I support him is enough, I am sorry if you disagree but he is a good president!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

If you are going to make accusations against our president there needs to be proof. No signature or voice recording by Obama or it didn't happen.

Obama is racist. If you switch all this .. exchanging white and black .. you'd have a klan member.
Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church
www.youtube.com... - 'typical white person' - obama voice recording as requested.

Racist Quotes by Obama in 'Dreams of my Father' -

"That hate hadn't gone away"...."white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."

"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out, many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs. . . It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names"

"ceased to advertise my mothers race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

" It was into my fathers image, the black man, the son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself."

I am a researcher by trade, don't be sheep. Do your research ...

For someone who is supposedly a 'researcher by trade' .. you sure let in a lot of bias.
Take your own advice ... don't be a sheep .. don't buy into the 'hope and change' and
'yes we can' rhetoric. Look at the facts. Use common sense. Your 'research' would
actually be more believable.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

If Obama really supported marriage equality, why'd it take him 4 years in office to come out and say that he supports it. He hasn't lifted a finger to get it taken care of. His supposed 'support' rings hollow to me.

Your list of reasons you are voting for Obama include 'because he's a democrat'. You can use whatever reasoning you like, of course. But to vote for someone because they have a (D) or an (R) after their name ... well ...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am white and I see nothing wrong with Obama's statement on that radio show or with that churches website. What is so wrong with Black culture trying to hang on to their heritage?

You do realize black America only received full rights in the 60's? That was not too long ago! And what is wrong with saying typical white person, race is a part of this country instead of trying to ignore let's embrace it. If you notice when someone is referencing someone else they say: white guy, black guy, Asian guy. So people can say race doesn't play a part in anything but they are kidding themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Djayed

If Obama really supported marriage equality, why'd it take him 4 years in office to come out and say that he supports it. He hasn't lifted a finger to get it taken care of. His supposed 'support' rings hollow to me.

Your list of reasons you are voting for Obama include 'because he's a democrat'. You can use whatever reasoning you like, of course. But to vote for someone because they have a (D) or an (R) after their name ... well ...

He repealed don't ask don't tell before he came out to support gay marriage. He came out to support gay marriage because of what North Carolina did. The situation forced his hand to voice his stance, again 50% of America does not support gay marriage and votes matter, that's why he didn't say anything before.

Like Obama said his opinion on the matter was evolving, he publiclly spoke for gay rights and that's what matters not when he did it. (That's what matters to me)

I appreciate you trying to have a logical discussion with me instead of trying to use insults to prove your point.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Djayed

But none of my political views align with Republicans why wouldn't I always vote for the one with a (D) after their name? The only (R) I would vote for would be Ron Paul, because he never changes his stance, and the war on drugs costs us way too much money.

In the past I have voted Republican but it has always come back to haunt me as the wrong choice because of what happened after they were elected. I used to live in California and I may have voted for the terminator...I couldn't help myself.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join