It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another lurker joining the ranks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi, ATS!

I've been lurking here at ATS for almost a year now. Lately there have been several times that I've wanted to comment in different threads, so I finally decided to take the plunge. Plus, it was kind of bugging me that I couldn't see anyone's avatar.

I've always had an interest in conspiracy theories. I can't remember exactly how I "discovered" ATS. I was probably looking into some topic involving the unexplained. Such things have always fascinated me. My time lurking here has pretty much confirmed my position as an "I want to believe" skeptic. I would love to think that in this world where humans think they know everything, there really are UFOs, bigfoot, Nessie, or what have you. However, I won't ever really believe in any of these things until I see evidence that leaves me no room for doubt. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy thinking "What if....?"

Having said that, since I've been visiting the site, I've spent far less time reading about those type of topics than I had imagined. I'm drawn to many different forums and topics here. I especially like reading about ancient and lost civilizations and different takes on current events. I also love reading about dreams, prophecies and predictions, although I wouldn't say that I buy into most of them being truth. Anyone who has visited ATS for more than a few weeks knows how most of those predictions turn out. Still, I find it quite interesting to read about them. Although I enjoy in the topics of politics and religion as well, sometimes those threads turn me off. There are too many sweeping generalizations made and too many people who think that their opinion is the only right one. What a boring world this would be if no one had any differences of opinion!

I'm glad that I finally decided to come onboard, and I look forward to "talking" with you all!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by katydidwonder

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family...enjoy the ride....:

Des

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by katydidwonder

Hello and Welcome to ATS !

Hope you'll have fun & enjoy !!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So, where's your avatar then? Choose wisely! OR you can be like some folks and just change it every week haha. Welcome aboard. Enjoy the show..and take on a role of your own from time to time.

Just be warned that I have my troll repellant stocked and ready! You should too.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
And we look forward to talking to you! Welcome to ATS!!! I too don't exactly remember how I got into ATS. Guess I followed a link to here once and it stuck with me. It really is one of the best Forums on the internet.

Yeah I came here to read up on crypto stuff and UFO's ended up getting into all sorts of different topics. This place has really broadened my interests. I've also met a few cool people here.

So enjoy. I personally look forward to talking to you in the threads!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you, Des. I always enjoy your level-headed posts.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thank you, Son. I like your Sirius Black!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Welcome.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I haven't gotten to my avatar yet. I have to read how to do it first! Thanks for the welcome!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

Thanks for the welcome!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by katydidwonder
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I haven't gotten to my avatar yet. I have to read how to do it first! Thanks for the welcome!

If you are looking for an avatar...go to this thread. Some of the best avy artists are there waiting to make your dreams come true. Tell 'em Des sent you....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They made my avy...

Des

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by katydidwonder
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thank you, Son. I like your Sirius Black!

Who ?

I guess I'm one of those that changes his avy once in a while...

Sorry bout that !!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, Cues the music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome katydidwonder

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
From one Newbie to another, welcome...

top topics

join