It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, if there isn't Christian persecution, explain this one, please.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
All these threads saying that people claim christians arent persecuted. I have NEVER heard anyone claim this.

Sure does seem to be an influx of "poor, poor pitiful" christian threads on this board nowadays.

Check out some of the recent threads; I have seen people tell ME than in them. I have also seen the same thing on other sites. Stories like this happen all the time, and some people want to pretend they don't.

Regarding these incidents, do you think the victims deserve any less protection than the special interest groups?

I have never seen it. Not saying it doesnt happen, but anyone who would say that ANY group doesnt get persecuted in one way or another is simply baiting.

I personally dont think any "special interest" group deserves more protection than any other. We are all equal in the eyes of the law (well, we are supposed to be), therefore, to give any special treatment to ANYONE is counterproductive.

I CERTAINLY dont think religious groups deserve any special protection.

Yes, baiting, and that's part of the point I am trying to make.

I agree; no group deserves more protection than any other. We already have protections against discrimination on race, religion, etc, and all the newer laws do is make some people "more important" than others. Very counterproductive! As a Christian, I don't want more protection than others; just the same protection. As far as "hate crimes" are concerned, any crime against someone is hateful, and motivation should not mean heavier punishment. We should acknowledge the motivation, so that we can discuss, and educate, but that shouldn't mean the victim is any more (or less) important than victims of similar crimes with different motivations.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This really isn't Christian persecution.

The difference is this, if Christians were being persecuted as an entire group, it wouldn't matter what style of Christian they were. It wouldn't matter if they were conservative or liberal. All Christians would be targeted as one entire homogenous group.

You'd see laws that would segregate them. like how blacks were segregated.

You'd see laws that discriminated against them. Such as not allowing them to marry. No matter what education they'd have, a non Christian would get first choice of a job.

All churches would be burned down.

Now, this is just a random act of violence, not true oppression and persecution.

In countries like Saudi Arabia, Christians are arrested, put in jail, and tortured just for being Christian.

You have to keep in mind, %75 or more Americans are Christian in some form or another. So I really don't see how, as a group, you can oppress them because they have the voting power and non-Christians don't.

However, this act of violence was done by sick and twisted people. I hope they catch the real people who did it and put them away for life.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Vandalism done for the purpose of persecution, specifically attacking a church because it is a church, could be considered "oppressive treatment", could it not?

Absolutely, It could be that the kids did it for religious reasons, but if they're just as likely to do it to a school, then it's just vandalism. We used to have a mailbox at the end of our road... The kids kept knocking it off and trying to knock it down... We put it back up several times, then realized that it was no use. We were not being persecuted. The kids were vandals.

I just don't think an attack like those on the churches was some random prank.

It's possible, but from what I read, there's no reason to believe it was anything but a few kids up to no good.

And the church does have the same protection as everyone else. If they know who the vandals are, they can do something about it. Why do you insinuate that the church is not protected?

reply to post by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
The problem is the federal government has enacted hate crime legislation intended to make the sole difference between persecution and vandalism appear to be whether the victim is part of a special interest or minority group.

Religion is covered under hate crime legislation, too.

Congress has defined a hate crime as a "criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation."

FBI

This essentially means a minority can assault a non minority, calling them slurs and making it obvious that they are being targeted because of their differences from the minority attacker...

No, it does not. I don't know where you get this...

Equal treatment under the law doesn't exist so long as their are protected classes of citizens alongside standard classes when viewed under the microscope of the American judicial system.

I totally agree! And the religious are a protected group under hate crime legislation.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

No, it does not. I don't know where you get this...

(I'm on an iPad here, quoting is tedious at best, nightmarish at worst... So please bear with me in regards to sourcing/linking/quoting. Sorry.)

www.examiner.com...

I get that from observing the news. Articles such as the above along with FBI hate crime statistics indicate that non minorities are seldom afforded the benefit of these special protections.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Deleted. I thought the first two articles were about the same incident and after viewing the videos that go with them, it is clear they are not.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The UK has always been a true safe Christian country till the Devil called Cameron come to power in 2010, and he ordered the BBC to stop giving air time to our Churches, he even took Songs of Praise off BBC TV, followed by millions because the program upset his own Muslim faith.
He know Christians are being killed, Churches damaged, but he has ordered it not to be televised because he feels it will make us raise up against his own anti Christian faith.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Persecution? Yeah, come back when someone gets hung, drawn and quartered you for their christian beliefs and then i might start taking you seriously.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
The UK has always been a true safe Christian country till the Devil called Cameron come to power in 2010, and he ordered the BBC to stop giving air time to our Churches, he even took Songs of Praise off BBC TV, followed by millions because the program upset his own Muslim faith.
He know Christians are being killed, Churches damaged, but he has ordered it not to be televised because he feels it will make us raise up against his own anti Christian faith.

What you going to do? Cry him a river?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join