It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military sees Good News in Iraq!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well for all they naysayers,

This is a pretty nice thing were doing.

While continuing terrorist attacks in Iraq have pushed the military campaign into the middle of the presidential debate in the United States, a declassified military report shows the progress that has been made on the political, economic and societal fronts.

On the transition to Iraqi sovereignty, the declassified report obtained by Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, the premium online intelligence newsletter published by WND, points out significant progress is being made across the board � in the new government, with utilities, in health care, in schools, the economy and in national security.

Elections for the National Assembly are scheduled for Jan. 31 with the transitional government taking power early in 2005, the report boasts. The draft of the permanent constitution is set for Aug. 15, 2005, with a referendum on the document scheduled for Oct. 15. Elections for the new government will be complete by Dec. 15 next year and it takes office Dec. 31.

While those dates have been fixed for some time, what is getting less attention more generally from the U.S. news media are the accomplishments on the economic side.

The rest!

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Why is CBS not covering this one?

[edit on 11-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well edsinger I can wait for elections in Iraq, let me tell you, with the Kurds screaming autonomy, and the sunis left out, and whoa our government favorite Allawi and hummm let not forget the political aspirations of the Iraqi people favorite Al-Sadr, Iraqi-US sponsor elections will be something to sit back get popcorn and see.

After all the Afghanistan election has, being a success al right, do we know who won yet?

[edit on 11-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The Afghan elections went much better than I thought they would. It was relatively peaceful. Of course the loosers are crying foul , but the exit polls showed the current pres(leader-whatever0 ahead by 40+ points.

And yes guess what, Women VOTED! It is an amazing site for sure. Why mass attacks didnt occur remains a mystery, but I am glad they did not. Maybe there arent as many fanatics as the CIA thought? they have been wrong before. But I bet the reason is that would require a firefight with troops and they dont operate in that fashion, they operate by terror.

Congrats to the AFghan Peoples! They had the desire of freedom overturn their fear and they VOTED in VERY large numbers!

CHEERS!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Perhaps you are right, they went peaceful enough, I guess the "terrorist" are to busy fighting and killing our troops in Iraq after the fiasco of leaving the borders open after the invasion.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Why is CBS not covering this one?

Like on another thread with the post: it's not newsworthy! I'll agree with you. The progress that's being made in Iraq is overlooked by the media because it shows the world there is success in the War in Iraq.

The reason that CBS is not covering it, is because it will shed a positive light on the Bush administration and it's effort in the Middle East and in CBS's opinion, that's a No-No. You must report only bad news and be biased, left-wing, against anything good and decent to make it to their news desk.

If it's a good story, CBS don't want to hear it.

[edit on 11/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A bit negative arent we? We are not having daily deaths in Afghanistan the same as Iraq. can you just be positive and agree that it was a good thing?

Negativity plays into the terrorist hands. If they got NO publicity, what would be the incentive to keep killing except hate?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why is it so difficult for some people to acknowledge that there ARE good things happening? Why only see the negative? I just don't understand.

Acknowledging that there are good things happening does not mean that you have to change your position and be FOR the war. It does not mean that your feelings against the war are any less valid. No matter who the President is and no matter what your beliefs are, we ARE in Iraq. We have a job to finish there and refusing to see or believe anything positive in the situation is not going to benefit anyone.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Why is it so difficult for some people to acknowledge that there ARE good things happening? Why only see the negative? I just don't understand.
Jemison

Are you serious? Think about it, they dont want to admitt that good things are happening. How many posts are in this board about the successful vote in Afghanistan? Why? Well I found that article and thought I had to post it here and to be honest, I thought the bullets would fly in here about the 'source' but it seems that most here have just read it and move on. To mean it was heartwarming to read all the things that have been accomplished so far. Man if we could just rally the nation and give the troops support to get the job done so we can leave and Iraq could be free. Can you just imagine the possibilities of a 'free' Iraq in the Arab world? It will put a HUGE dent in Islamic fundementalism!

[edit on 11-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We have lost this in Iraq, we lost that. We shouldnt be there. They were no threat. Dont you relaize that you play into terrorist hands with your negativity? Read this article again and see how for most of the Iraqi's things are getting better, just the fundementalist dont like it cause in the new Iraq, they LOOSE power....

I am really surprised that this thread hasnt been hammered by the anti-war folks.....er wait a sec it makes PERFECT sense as they do not acknowledge anything good.

new topics

top topics

join