It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't it just the best? MoniesIsFun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hello!!

I'm new and am just joking around with the title. The drive for monetary acquisition seems to be what will doom us all. Been around the boards for a long time now, but didn't feel the need to speak my mind until recently. I feel as if there's little that can be done at this point so have switched from observing to wanting to connect with other like-minded individuals. I just want to feel like I'm part of a community before everything goes to crap.

What I see is basically just doom! I think we've screwed up the planet too much and many people say we've already crossed a tipping point of sorts. I don't do religion, or god, or spiritual stuff. I have no clue if there's an afterlife and don't really care. I think the problems we face are all right in front of us. It's not loving one another and caring for our communities and our planet as a whole.

Once upon a time I believed there was still enough time to save ourselves, but that time is gone. I'm just here to find peace in the fact that there's other people out there who think like me.

Guess that's it. Not sure what else to say. Oh please don't tell me to seek therapy. I don't believe in paying strangers to tell me how to live my life, or what to believe in. I think there's too many people who are legally drugged up because it's more about selling a product and making us dumb than really helping most people.

Sorry for being a bit random. Just as I am!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Welcome to the last bastion of sanity....kinda....

Nice intro...look forward to meeting in the forums.

Des

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks you two! I'm going to spend some time on those links now. I'm not sure any place is left that is sane

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Greetings...welcome aboard the (deny ignorance) train of thoughts.

Many of us know each other on ATS through the threads created and our varied posts; to me it is comforting to have an online community that is always searching for the REAL TRUTH and that challenges each other.

The moral support given on ATS is really quite awesome!

See you around the threads!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I firmly believed that there wasn't much, if any, hope for humanity for most of my life. Greed and false deities being the root of the problem. More recently however I started researching the concept of a Resource Based Economy and my hope skyrocketed! There are some very real and very smart people on this planet and if more people get their head out of the religious money box that we're bred into we might actually have a chance.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Welcome to the best site on the net! I love this place, well most of it anyways. There are a few forums I won't enter, religion, metaphysiscs.etc. because the conversation always seems to necessitate my believing somthing that hasn't a shred of proof, or any evidence beyond "feelings" and the like. So to me they seem "nutty". Does make my summation correct though, as I also lack evidence to disprove their beliefs, so I stay away so as to allow those that share these( in my opinion crazy) views to discuss these matters without my decent, as I respect their right to believe as they will, and I doubt my pathetic attempts to sway them would matter.

I love all the science forums though, they are.....ENORMOUS!!! Containing not only well established science facts but also many new and still unproen theories. This makes for some very interesting discourse about many subjects.

In short, I hope to see you around the forums, and read some of your thoughts on many varying subjects.

So hurry and get those 20 posts in so we can see your threads, and pick your brain for the info it contains that we haven't yet heard.

new topics

top topics

join