It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CGI film that will blow your mind - The Third & Seventh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is the most fantastic bit of CGI I have ever seen, it must be good as it's not until the end that you get an idea that the film isn't real.

This technology is the films of the future, and I think with the music added, its a step further into the immersive world of CGI, that will surely arrive in our lives in the next 10 years or so.

I guarantee you, you will think I made it up that its CGI.

To see it where I saw it, follow the link below, as I think its in a better format and its better quality than youtube:

The Third & Seventh HD

Here is some of the feedback:

This makes avatar look like it was created by a retarded blind kid. No offence to James Cameron but that's how I see it now.

I will cry myself to sleep tonight... can you order some scenes as wallpapers or photos to put in my house?

Experience this for yourself, and let everyone know what you think!
edit on 10/8/12 by multichild because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/8/12 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Not bad if you apply a such graphic engine to a videogame, but not good enough for a hollywood production. Even "Avatar" (which for reminder entirely CGI with scanned actors) does better rendering than that...

It's very nice looking, but not that impressive nowadays...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

seriously?

I thought this was much better than avatar in honesty, because it immerses you in a world that we currently live in and you couldnt tell the difference i thought

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm with you Multichild, it's very well done. And quite probably not with the resources that were available to the Avatar production.

S&F ! Nice find.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The conspiracy theorist in me says alphabet agencies and other political powers will happily use CGI like this to sway public opinion by creating video evidence of fake events. And how many in the general public wouldn't trust evidence from the government like that.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Cant wait for the next generation video games.

In the near future one will not be able to tell the difference between real or fake. Media corporations and governments will wag the dog.

We will not believe anything we see on tv anymore. In 100 years they will change the way we perceive reality with out use of screens, or maybe they do already.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Cant wait for the next generation video games.

In the near future one will not be able to tell the difference between real or fake. Media corporations and governments will wag the dog.

We will not believe anything we see on tv anymore. In 100 years they will change the way we perceive reality with out use of screens, or maybe they do already.

Exactly. I'm with you, Multichild, and the others in agreement on this.

I'd say we can now officially doubt almost any and all video "evidence" of anything moving forward, which is tragic. Now even if we could finally prove something previously in doubt - can it ever be considered trustworthy?

We're at the cusp of seeing no longer being the same as believing.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

So where does that lead? Believing is believing?

In the day that evidence is no longer trustworthy, truth will no longer be relevant. I think that's what they're aiming for. Because when truth is no longer relevant, all we'll want is our next "fix".

Things are becoming clearer now.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Its going to be a very different world when this becomes main stream, as because we now live in a world of celebrities and materialism, I can see a time where CGI film stars will have lives built around them and they will have fans and followers who actually think the CGI person is real, and a whole life will be build and reported around them.

Crazy times.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thats pretty good stuff. Not the best ive seen but pretty good

Check out this for world class CGI :

Source Luc Begin CG portfolio

Tony Reynolds

Source Jonas, Zbynek

edit on 10-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
really good stuff but i could tell in allot of instances
probably because this is my job lol, it sucks knowing the magic trick some days

^ by Max Edwin Wahyudi
edit on 10-8-2012 by FuturePeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Praetorius

So where does that lead? Believing is believing?

In the day that evidence is no longer trustworthy, truth will no longer be relevant. I think that's what they're aiming for. Because when truth is no longer relevant, all we'll want is our next "fix".

Things are becoming clearer now.

Hmmm - a new government initiative? "Faith-based reality"?

Oi vey.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FuturePeace

Thats one of my faves as well..even though she is a little cross eyed

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I couldn't wait for them to hurry up and get to the point!! I get the " build up "

But damn.........

I think you need to be in the right frame of mind when viewing this....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's a good video, quite tranquil and serene. As to weather this level of realism will be used by MSM or anyone else to fool viewers there will always be that kind of possibility, it's quite tempting if you got the tech know how.

This topic brings to mind this film called s1mone I saw years ago S1mone and reminds me about the hologram concerts in japan.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Truly amazing, However I did find the subject matter a tad boring perhaps they could have done something a little more entertaining with this kind of kung fu, perhaps a story about a big green ogre or something.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Looks really good, Alot of it reminded me of tilt-shift/selective focus

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's great to see people still discovering this little gem! It has been around for a couple of years now and I've watched it countless times. I have a HD version of it on my media server, and every time (just about) I turn on the projector in the movie room, I put this video on whilst everyone gets themselves comfortable and drinks etc. What happens is, everyone eventually stops and stares in awe.

Especially when I tell them it was pretty much made by one guy over the course of a year! It is what 'modern' art should be

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
Not bad if you apply a such graphic engine to a videogame, but not good enough for a hollywood production. Even "Avatar" (which for reminder entirely CGI with scanned actors) does better rendering than that...

It's very nice looking, but not that impressive nowadays...

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by multichild

Truly amazing, However I did find the subject matter a tad boring perhaps they could have done something a little more entertaining with this kind of kung fu, perhaps a story about a big green ogre or something.

I've seen this video a long time ago (because I do 3D modeling as a hobby) and if I recall correctly this video was made by ONE person (except the music).

Consider that when you compare it to Avatar, which was made by a huge team of people, rendered with the power of thousands of computers and a production cost of at least 300 MILLION dollars.....

edit on 10-8-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
All this makes me wonder even more.
Did curiosity kill the cat ahh go to mars or is that fake too?
Imagine what they will serve us eventually. Matrix in its infancy...

Which takes me to some other posters here on ATS that say
picks or it didnt happen.(no offense) but eventually nothing we will see
will be able to prove anything.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join