It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Islam support Gay Marriage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Firstly, I would like to say that I don't support gay marriage myself, but I'm trying to make a point here so bear with me.

In Islam sexual relationship outside marriage is unacceptable and in fact a tough punishment has been assigned to this activity, now, is it better to support gay marriage in a non-Muslim society, or is it better to oppose it?

If Gay people do not marry, then they are having sex outside marriage, considering the problems that arise from such activity, is it better to support Gay Marriage?

Here's the $40 question, what's better, marriage-less relationship between gay people, or marriage based relationship between gay people?

Is it possible to choose the less of the two evils in this case?

"bear" was intentional so don't even bother.
edit on 10-8-2012 by insaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Morality is in the eye of the beholder. Neither is better. The point is whether or not you let someone else make thier own decisions.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Nothing personal here but there would seem a total lack of correlation with what is posed in the OP here.

adultery:

voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than his or her lawful spouse.

So then... how can a gay individual who is Not Married commit adultery?

Just sayin ...

*unless, of course, they were to have sexual relations with someone who is married*

edit on 8/10/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed quote tag

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

You are right, I was meant to say "sexual relationship outside marriage" which is forbidden in Islam.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Who cares if they do or they dont? Who care's if christians support marriage? Religions don't own the copyrights to marriage and therefore cannot dictate the terms and conditions.

A gay person doesn't have to get married in the eyes of "god" As long as they are married in the eyes of the law (And have the same & equal benefits that marriage brings) That's all that really matters here.

People can leave their gods at home, marriage is nothing to do with them these days.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Who cares if they do or they dont? Who care's if christians support marriage? Religions don't own the copyrights to marriage and therefore cannot dictate the terms and conditions.

A gay person doesn't have to get married in the eyes of "god" As long as they are married in the eyes of the law (And have the same & equal benefits that marriage brings) That's all that really matters here.

People can leave their gods at home, marriage is nothing to do with them these days.

I care, that's exactly why I created this thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here's the answer:

wikiislam.net...

In short, homosexuality itself is a crime under Islamic law as follows:

In the case of homosexuality, how it is dealt with differs between the four mainline schools of Sunni jurisprudence today, but what they all agree upon is that homosexuality is worthy of a severe penalty.

In the Hanafi school of thought, the homosexual is first punished through harsh beating, and if he/she repeats the act, the death penalty is to be applied.

As for the Shafi`i school of thought, the homosexual receives the same punishment as adultery (if he/she is married) or fornication (if not married). This means, that if the homosexual is married, he/she is stoned to death, while if single, he/she is whipped 100 times. Hence, the Shafi`i compares the punishment applied in the case of homosexuality with that of adultery and fornication.

The Hanafi differentiates between the two acts because in homosexuality, anal sex [something that is prohibited, regardless of orientation] may also be involved, while in adultery [and fornication], the penis/vagina (which are reproductive parts) are involved.

Some scholars, based on the Qur'an and various ahadith, hold the opinion that the homosexual should be thrown from a high building or stoned to death[1] as a punishment for their 'crime', but other scholars maintain that they should be imprisoned until death. [2]

Another view is that between two males, the active partner is to be lashed a hundred times if he is unmarried, and killed if he is married; whereas the passive partner is to be killed regardless of his marital status.[3]

new topics

top topics

join