It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an atheist, and lover of science.. but I had to wonder, what if there is something beyond our p

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by 0mage
at this point i am going to have to claim myself as the world's foremost expert on metaphysics. why would i make such a claim? because ive been there. i figured it out. and i perform it via will. also i have seen my self in the etheric mirror.

James Randi has a challenge for people like yourself, the gifted ones. James Randi foundation challenge. The prize money hasn't been awarded since it was conceived 40 years ago. It's at $1million. If you are indeed the world's foremost expert, you should prove your claims. If you don't, or refuse to prove it, in the mind of someone with common sense, you are either lying or crazy.

Will you do it?

i have contacted him via email myself as i was considering it. but i got no reply. 1 million is not enough anyway LOL

the question is also.. what is the purpose. if i do prove it.. what happens next? can i just take the money and go back to normal life? i am considering writing books about it all. from start to finish. a guide of sorts for all from beginner to initiated to reach the gate. what do you think would be a good price for those books? 30 billion? i mean this is capitalism right?

ill tell u i dont like capitalism. i think everything should be free. and man should be free to pursue his dreams and passions without having to first come up with the fee.. college fee, mortgage fee, internet fee just so that u can get information. it is under capitalism that information is hidden. it is under capitalism that man purposefully holds back his progress because it is not 'economically feasible' to market new technologies. it is a hinderance.

however.. under this capitalist system, until most of humanity awakens and seeks to turn away from their ways. until God comes back... it's going to cost.

tools and technologies would provide little to no evidence of anything. the best bet of learning anything is thru my instruction and testimony of the events as they happened to me. basically a life biography can show much about what one can expect and show the perspective that is the path. luckily, since i approached it as a scientist.. i am able to explain it in scientific terms.. having studied many fields in a holistic way.

edit on 16-8-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There are some things that science will not be able to understand, at least in our lifetime.

These things are best found within yourself.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

tools and technologies would provide little to no evidence of anything. the best bet of learning anything is thru my instruction and testimony of the events as they happened to me.

No wonder you did not get a reply. JREF is only interested in hard proof. They don't even want to hear about theory or give credit to testimony.

Science has no problem with entertaining theories which show a minimum of probability but not the JREF crew.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

at this point i am going to have to claim myself as the world's foremost expert on metaphysics. why would i make such a claim? because ive been there. i figured it out. and i perform it via will. also i have seen my self in the etheric mirror.

James Randi has a challenge for people like yourself, the gifted ones. James Randi foundation challenge. The prize money hasn't been awarded since it was conceived 40 years ago. It's at $1million. If you are indeed the world's foremost expert, you should prove your claims. If you don't, or refuse to prove it, in the mind of someone with common sense, you are either lying or crazy.

Will you do it?

i have contacted him via email myself as i was considering it. but i got no reply. 1 million is not enough anyway LOL

the question is also.. what is the purpose. if i do prove it.. what happens next? can i just take the money and go back to normal life?

If you proved that you are the foremost expert in metaphysics, which was last held by Aristotle in the eyes of the Catholic church, you wouldn't be disregarded as a liar and a charlatan.

Although I refuse the label, I could be described as a skeptic. It is my curse to always question what is put before me. Although I understand the weakness of inductive reasoning, I still employ it before being proven otherwise. A crow will always appear black until I see one of a different color. But with humans, it's worse, as I now have to deal with the possibility of deception for motives such as greed, vanity etc. I cannot believe the words of some fellow on the internet who claims he has special powers, only because no one has conclusively been shown to possess such powers. Until you prove it, I will have to rely on my induction, which states that you are most likely either a liar, a charlatan or a deceiver. This conclusion isn't anything personal of course.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Which mirror did you see yourself in?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Will you do it?

the question is also.. what is the purpose. if i do prove it.. what happens next? can i just take the money and go back to normal life?

If you proved that you are the foremost expert in metaphysics, which was last held by Aristotle in the eyes of the Catholic church, you wouldn't be disregarded as a liar and a charlatan.

Although I refuse the label, I could be described as a skeptic. It is my curse to always question what is put before me. Although I understand the weakness of inductive reasoning, I still employ it before being proven otherwise. A crow will always appear black until I see one of a different color. But with humans, it's worse, as I now have to deal with the possibility of deception for motives such as greed, vanity etc. I cannot believe the words of some fellow on the internet who claims he has special powers, only because no one has conclusively been shown to possess such powers. Until you prove it, I will have to rely on my induction, which states that you are most likely either a liar, a charlatan or a deceiver. This conclusion isn't anything personal of course.

im not asking you to believe me. im asking whether u believe me or not. dont worry i dont take offense for what i consider an intelligent stance on your part. all you have stated is right. my words should be taken with a grain of salt.

but... my aim is not to prove it to anyone.. nor make money from it. im telling ppl where to find it.. for free. do ur own work tho. as i said. it doesnt matter what you are shown. you wont believe it. you will rationalize it in all sorts of ways.

look at the chakra system and the path to enlightenment. practice kundalini meditation. you will learn of balance. of peace.. of other dimensions and of God. by successfully accomplishing the uprightness required in the sense of right or wrong and acknowledging God the creator of the Universe and all of mankind as the Supreme. you will experience communication with the other side. no one will have to prove it to you. you will prove it to yourself through dedicated research and practicing the way of life.

what i have done is made testimony that this stuff is real. it's the codified message in every religious text on the planet.
edit on 17-8-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
really.. what else can i do about it?

if someone figured out the answer to the mystery man has been seeking all the ages. just an average joe. if that person was you. how would you try to tell us?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this vortex - but this "logic" is confounding!

I do not know why it is confounding, but please follow along. Using the definition of atheism as: a disbelief or lack of belief in gods, the state of being commences here:

1) All humans lack total experience
2) All professed atheists are human
3) All professed atheists lack total experience.

Since this is indisputable fact, and since only known evidence (the rules by which we make claims) can be interpreted or analyzed, all humans must acknowledge there may be evidence for a deity or, indeed, the deity itself, somewhere we have not experienced.

You do not believe a position of atheism is possible because no one has seen everything? Well then you can't be a Christian or Muslim or whatever because you haven't either? If people lived by those 2 rules then everybody would be on the fence about everything. Is it possible there is a god? I guess so but, I BELIEVE THERE ISN"T based on my personal experiences. Just as some do believe based on their personal experiences.

You can believe there is no god. But there is no logical basis for this belief. Since you understand this is the case and you admit it in this paragraph, your professed state of lack of belief must be surrendered to a state of "I do not know."

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Lets apply that logic to a statement you made somewhere else on ATS.

1) All humans lack total experience
2) totallackey is human
3) totallackey lacks total experience.

Since this is indisputable fact, and since only known evidence (the rules by which we make claims) can be interpreted or analyzed, totallackey must acknowledge there may be evidence for abiogenesis or, indeed abiogenesis happening, somewhere he has not experienced.

You can believe there is no abiogenesis. But there is no logical basis for this belief. Since you understand this is the case, your professed state of lack of belief in abiogenesis must be surrendered to a state of "I do not know."

But totallackey still had no problem claiming:

Science has performed experiment after experiment concerning abiogenesis. Not one of them has resulted in LIFE from NOTHING! And they never will. Because it is impossible.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

And what does this have to do with the topic of atheism?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It has to do with you going on, throughout this thread, about atheists not having a logical basis when they claim that there is no god, and that they should instead say that "they do not know", when you are in fact guilty of doing the same.

edit on 30-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

So, how does this negate my argument?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Actually it doesn't, but it invalidates your insistence that atheists only say that "they do not know", instead of saying that there is no god.

I said it way back in the thread. The kind of logic that you want to hold atheists to, is not common place in casual discussion. Then you turn around and prove it by doing the same thing that you are accusing others of doing.

edit on 31-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I never stated atheists...

only say that "they do not know", instead of saying that there is no god.

I stated atheists cannot say there is no god with certainty. And since the term atheist is one of certainty (i.e., disbelief)...well...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

I never stated atheists...

only say that "they do not know", instead of saying that there is no god.

I stated atheists cannot say there is no god with certainty. And since the term atheist is one of certainty (i.e., disbelief)...well...

But you stated that "abiogenesis is impossible" with certainty, when in fact you can't be certain, as proven by your example.

I disagree that the term atheist is one of certainty when used to describe a personal belief, since personal beliefs can change. Said this before as well but ...
edit on 31-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join