It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop UN-restrains dog, throws it down a flight of stairs then shoots it dead

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by WildWorld

I'm guessing the entire ordeal could have been avoided if he let the owner control the dog instead of tackling it.

Many ordeals can be avoided by leaving the cops out of it. The moment they show up all hell breaks loose.

Anyone who has ever called a cop has obviously no experience dealing with cops other than watching Andy Griffith let the town drunk sleep one off. Today Andy would shoot the drunk in the street.

so true and what i live by is this, if your life is truly in danger call the police because if it's not, it will be when they get there.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Man, they made a lot of extra work for the Janitor. I'd hate to have to clean up that blood on the steps if I was a janitor.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Is it not relevant WHY the dog charged the officer?? The officer was holding the dog down and then threw it down stairs.
Say a bear bites another bear ......would you go over and try to lay on top of it and then hurt it and then expect it to not rip your head off???
From the info we have it seems like the cop handled the entire situation very poorly.
I'd like to know what took place prior to the cop kneeling on the dog. Did the dog charge at him or anyone else before it was knelt on and thrown down stairs? Or did it just bite the other dog?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DjangoPhat

Where does it say anywhere in the article or the police report that the dog was restrained? If I missed it please point out where, other than the sensational headline here, I can find that information.

The owner claims:

He said he separated the two dogs -- cutting his hand inside Parrot's mouth in the process -- and was subduing his dog when police arrived.

The owner, as far as I can tell, never states the dog was restrained and let loose by the police. This is something I am sure he would have mentioned in light of his other comments.

The police report states:

OBSERVED W-1 ON THE GROUND ON TOP OF A TAN COLORED PITBULL DOG TRYING TO CONTROL IT. W-2 WAS OBSERVED STANDING TO THE SIDE HOLDING A WHITE POODLE THAT HAD A BLOODY LEG. THE PITBULL WAS ATTEMPTING TO GET UP BY SQUIRMING BACK AND FORTH AND TRYING TO BITE AT W-1. THE PITBULL HAD A BLOODY NOSE AND APPERARED TO BE OUT OF CONTROL. W-1 WAS OBSERVED TO HAVE BLOOD ON HIS HANDS. C-2, BEING A CANNIE HANDLER, ATTEMPTED TO CONTROL THE PITBULL BUT WAS BITEN ON THE HAND AND WRIST.

That does not sound like a restrained dog to me, but I know all cops are liars and were probably just out looking for something to shoot.

The picture the post has displayed with a dog being kneeled on is not the dog that was shot. Read the caption below the picture

A District police officer restrains one of two dogs that were involved in an unrelated incident in Adams Morgan on Sunday, September 12.

Best line of the story:

cutting his hand inside Parrot's mouth in the process

That's like a battered wife stating she bruised her face by running into her husband's fist

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I am really offended that you refer to me as a dog.

Tactics of a low life.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by johneffendoe

Where does it say anywhere in the article or the police report that the dog was restrained?

and was SUBDUING his dog when police arrived.

It was in your own qoute, buddy. Pay attention buddy. Or do you not know the definition of subdue, buddy?

The picture the post has displayed with a dog being kneeled on is not the dog that was shot.

described as either a pit bull or Shar-Pei mix.

Seems like the dog to me. I'm not sure why they say unrelated incident, but you really think the pic is not related to the story it is posted next to?

That's like a battered wife stating she bruised her face by running into her husband's fist

Really, I have a friend that lost the tip of her finger trying to separate two fighting dogs.

Her own dog bit it off, because she put her hand too close to its mouth.The dog never was aggressive towards humans or other dogs, it just happened.
edit on 10-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjangoPhat

Awwww. I struck a nerve with all the canine lovers and their precious animals.

The owner is trying to claim to that the dog didn't have a bite history, yet it bit another dog as he was walking by.

HISTORY, meaning it didn't bite before. Especially not people, according to him.

History meaning that he has no idea what the dog did before he came into his care, or how the dog was trained or treated. It also shows you don't know anything about dog behavior, aggression is aggression and waffles between other dogs and humans.

If I was a civilian with a ccw, I would shoot a charging dog too.

The cop, unrestrained the dog, threw it away, and then shot it.

Would you do that as a citizen? Be prepared to be gunned down yourself then.

How violent.
No dog is worth a human life. If you can't take care of an animal and train it properly, that is your responsibility. If the animal is aggressive, it is up to you as an owner to have it put down if it can't be trained.

If a dog bites,scratches, or hurts a person, you are liable for a nice lawsuit. Consider it a favor that I shoot it as opposed to taking you through court for everything you have.

Judging from your replies here, I'd say you are somehow affiliated to the cops.

My affiliations are not of any importance. But I have had plenty of experience with stupid dog owners. No one goes around admitting they have an aggressive dog in public. No one goes around admitting they are a terrible owner.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

Your posting silly pictures, not very mature for a debate.

ANd not a very mature response either, case in point.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

My affiliations are not of any importance.

Married to cop, cat lover.

Hates dogs, probably people too.

No dog is worth a human life.

Depends on the dog and the human.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth

You must have never had dog or any other animal in your life. Because most people who have dogs that can take them with them, can and will. And why not? Most dogs don't bite unless you do something to them. As far as we know the poodle could have done something. The Pit could have been a female and the Poodle a male, which in any case, the female could very easily get pissed if the male tried mounting her. Been around dogs all my life, especially pits, female pits tend to get very snappy when unknown dogs do that.
edit on 10-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: bad typing day lol

I have owned animals all my life. I also have worked with vets in in the rabies program. What I do believe in is responsible ownership, which rarely happens.

When you take a dog into a large crowd into the summer time, you are not only risking that dogs life, which the owner did, you are risking everyone else.

Even if the poodle did something, that doesn't justify the dog attacking it. Hence the reason you don't take dogs to a large festival in the hot summer, especially DC which is a massive heat sink.

If a pit gets snappy because of an interaction of any kind with another animal, then you do not take it into a large festival in the hot summer.

See the problem here?
edit on 10-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Yes it does. It adds nothing of value to ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I think cops kill more innocent people than dogs do. And if dogs kill, it is usually the fault of a human in the first place.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by johneffendoe

*laughs* all they hear is a cop having to shoot a dog, and they immediately get images of man's best friend, just strolling along, being torn from his master, whining in fright, to be executed by the evil cop.
And then the owner whines and cries about his harmless pet and oh he is damaged for life.

I have seen way too many of these stories and the neighbors usually end up reporting that the dog had issues.

Even if a dog doesn't have a history, they can bite or attack at any time. I have also seen a loyal german shepherd, after 8 years in the family, give a child 10 stitches.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Which is why you only have a dog for company.

And no, no dog is worth a human life. Maybe to you, since that is all the company you will ever have.

See how much fun and pointless speculating on people is?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I don't own a dog myself, but I wouldn't trade my buddy's dog to save your life.

Not with that vile aura I am picking up on.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I am really offended that you refer to me as a dog.

Tactics of a low life.

Where did that happen?

I clearly wrote "people are unpredictable too" in that sentence.

Dont deflect. Answer the charge.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

*laughs* because I believe in responsible dog ownership?

Quite frankly I think it is cruel to take a dog to the middle of a large festival in a DC summer. But no, the owner is never responsible, are they?

You can try to offend me all you want, it just shows a lack of class, intelligence, and character.

I help my mother take care of three aging rescues, one who has a brain tumor, one who is a Katrina rescue.

Who is the actual humanitarian here? Considering I am the one holding the owner responsible?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Quite a few people apparently. Next time something should happen to you I'll be sure to great you with "why would nixie be there anyway?"

Twice you compare me to the dog, though you try to remove responsibility by adding people to the second one. But it is a stupid comparison anyways because the dog was a human festival, not a dog one.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Quite a few people apparently. Next time something should happen to you I'll be sure to great you with "why would nixie be there anyway?"

Twice you compare me to the dog, though you try to remove responsibility by adding people to the second one. But it is a stupid comparison anyways because the dog was a human festival, not a dog one.

Now you're just being silly. Only a lunatic would make the conclusions you are making from those lines.

And the festival position? C'mon.

What world do you live in where people dont take their dogs outside among other people?

You do know what kind of a festival it is, right? It's not like some barn dance in a building. It's an entire district. Anyone who lives there would have to take their dog our to piss sooner or later. Should they not because of the "festival?"
edit on 10-8-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Your humanitarian traits are not shining through here, I can tell you that much.

*laughs*

Maniacally.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join