It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop UN-restrains dog, throws it down a flight of stairs then shoots it dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
ETA: Just read this happened in 2010. Came through in my alerts box today because some blog reposted it.

In front of hundreds of people. Hero throws dog down flight of stairs then shoots it.

Complete with pics of the hero in action.

He said he separated the two dogs -- cutting his hand inside Parrot's mouth in the process -- and was subduing his dog when police arrived.

That's when a D.C. police officer took over, putting his knee in the middle of Parrot's back while he pulled the dog's forelegs behind him, Block said.

Trying to arrest the dog I guess?

He said that the officer then grabbed Parrot by his neck and threw him over a banister at the Brass Knob antique store and that just as the dog righted itself, the officer pulled out his gun and fired.

Okay......WTF is that?

"The officer drew his gun in an unnecessary act of cowboy gunslinging law enforcement and shot my dog amidst a crowd of thousands," said Block, who was fostering Parrot while he was waiting to be adopted through the Lucky Dog Animal Rescue.

Lucky dog indeed.

Gotta love the eyewitness accounts too:

Jennifer Naideth, 29, who was in town from Los Angeles selling cosmetics at the festival. She called the shooting "so unnecessary and so violent," adding that "there was no human life in danger."

And from a former cop:

Tony De Pass, 67, a former D.C. police officer who lives in Northwest, said that the dog was charging directly at him when Fike drew his gun and fired and that "if the officer hadn't shot the dog, the dog would have got one of us, either me or the officer."

"What he did, I would have done the same damn thing," De Pass said.

Surprised the old cop didnt say the dog had a gun.

From the pic the cop looks like an inbred neanderthal who most likely reads at a fourth grade level.
edit on 10-8-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The dog was obviously very aggressive.

Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It doesn't matter how many eyewitness say the shooting was unnecessary. The officer's actions will be "justified" if for no other reason than the breed the cops assigned to the dog.

I'm amazed Parrot's foster owner wasn't shot also.

J

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Surprised the old cop didnt say the dog had a gun.

The dog was formerly owned by Osama Bin Laden, it had conections to Al Qaeda, and was an Iran sympathizer.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A link to a .pdf of the second officers report on the incident. I would like to see the first responding officers report. What is his excuse for trying to subdue the dog by laying on it in the first place???? I'm guessing the entire ordeal could have been avoided if he let the owner control the dog instead of tackling it.
media.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

What a piece of *(&# I would rather have the dog guarding my street then the worthless cop. These cops are so terrified of these two dogs and they have mace/pepper spray ( which is a non-lethal way of submission), probably a taser ( another non-lethal, though might kill a dog), Most cops I have heard of/seen have zip ties. Why not zip tie the dogs hind legs if you truly felt that threatened when the rest of the crowd did not. I hope the owner throws every single law, code, and book at this scumbag and I hope he gets a cell with a guy name Tiny.

Well upon noticing that this happened two years ago, I feel kinda like a mooron
But in any case, that officer is a coward.
edit on 10-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
IF someone threw me over a flight of stairs I would be pretty aggressive too. The cop could have handled the situation better, he made a bad call by shooting the dog and the cop needs to fully realize this and make a full genuine apology,

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld

I'm guessing the entire ordeal could have been avoided if he let the owner control the dog instead of tackling it.

Many ordeals can be avoided by leaving the cops out of it. The moment they show up all hell breaks loose.

Anyone who has ever called a cop has obviously no experience dealing with cops other than watching Andy Griffith let the town drunk sleep one off. Today Andy would shoot the drunk in the street.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

Thank you for bringing ATS to a fourth grade level.

When do the kids go back to school?????

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

I am sure that was what really happened, cause cops have never lied or abused their power....ever

The Police love Him
edit on 10-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Oh what B.S.!

Pardon my french, but there is no nice way to put it. He's got to be kidding...and it was a DOG not a human being. Is it necessary to always lie?? I love my dog..don't get me wrong. He could just be honest though.

I was with the report...maybe it happened, maybe it didn't...until I got to the witness the cop has. 67yrs old..and a Retired Cop from the same department. Oh...great he has a witn........oh, never mind.

Then....one shot eh? One shot, down stairs, at a charging dog according to the cop? One gunshot heard...so it's not that he only hit it once. He's claiming he made a 'one shot - one kill' in the heat of the moment under those conditions..and was so confident, why, he didn't even feel the need to shoot a second time. He's a regular Waytt Earp.

Or he shot the dog like the owner says...and it doesn't take Wyatt Earp to shoot a dog at that distance if it's standing still and probably more than a little stunned and scared.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree this cop sounds like the typical herp derp "I has badge and gun, I do anything I wants"

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Who takes a dog to a large festival in DC in the first place??

The owner is trying to claim to that the dog didn't have a bite history, yet it bit another dog as he was walking by.

I can't tell you, when dealing with quarentines, that people insisted their pets would never hurt anybody, but the pet was showing aggressive signs all along.

He was fostering the dog, who knows its history, and he certainly doesn't know it well enough to comment on its capabilities.

If that dog charged the officers, they had every right to shoot him.

If I was a civilian with a ccw, I would shoot a charging dog too.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Who takes a dog to a large festival in DC in the first place??

Quite a few people apparently. Next time something should happen to you I'll be sure to great you with "why would nixie be there anyway?"

The owner is trying to claim to that the dog didn't have a bite history, yet it bit another dog as he was walking by.

I can't tell you, when dealing with quarentines, that people insisted their pets would never hurt anybody, but the pet was showing aggressive signs all along.

He was fostering the dog, who knows its history, and he certainly doesn't know it well enough to comment on its capabilities.

I'll give you that. Owners are biased as hell. Just like parents will still love their flesh-eating psycho killer children.

But I dont know your history. Should I shoot you if you approach me? People are unpredictable after all and I dont know you.

If that dog charged the officers, they had every right to shoot him.

The "if" game is great. Why not "if" the officer had left the dog restrained by the owner and not thrown it down a flight of stairs?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

HISTORY, meaning it didn't bite before. Especially not people, according to him.

The cop, unrestrained the dog, threw it away, and then shot it.

Would you do that as a citizen? Be prepared to be gunned down yourself then.

Judging from your replies here, I'd say you are somehow affiliated to the cops.
edit on 10-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You must have never had dog or any other animal in your life. Because most people who have dogs that can take them with them, can and will. And why not? Most dogs don't bite unless you do something to them. As far as we know the poodle could have done something. The Pit could have been a female and the Poodle a male, which in any case, the female could very easily get pissed if the male tried mounting her. Been around dogs all my life, especially pits, female pits tend to get very snappy when unknown dogs do that.
edit on 10-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: bad typing day lol

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

hhahaha I bring ATS down? you really need to get over yourself

Hey maybe i will make a judgement of you, because that ain't Childish at all is it

Cat lover....
edit on 10-8-2012 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

He does have a point. Him showing what that cop looked like does not in any way bring down ATS. Dis-informants and "trolls" are what hurt and cripple ATS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join