It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One image to sum up the mainstream media

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Well, I live in this area, and honestly no one here in central NJ needs a NY news station to tell us Bound Brook floods every time it rains..

As for your comment that this is only a local news station pandering for entertainment value... ABC 7 is actually the ABC affiliate out of NYC, so this isn't some small little news station trying to make some news. They cover all of NY, Northern/Central NJ and Connecticut... so yeah.

And you can hear the reporter saying pretty clearly in the beginning that "this is the only way to get across the street" referring to the boat they were in. Right before the guy walks across...

To the OP: thanks for reminding me why I stopped watching the news!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
LOL what a joke.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Makes one wonder what else they manipulate. Assume they manipulate everything.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wonder why the van in the parking lot didn't give it away?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Rateings all about the rateings. Do whatever it takes for rateing,that and they have to film it the way the puppet masters tell them.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rEVOLuti0nary

Local news station doesn't translate into small news station. I'm comparing an ABC affiliate to Reuters and Associated Press. You wouldn't catch them doing something like sensationalizing, but local affiliates tend to do that.

You failed to even address the health concern of people walking through that water. Not to mention the insurance issues the station may have been facing.

You also failed to address the fact that someone can drown in as little as three inches of water.

Continue not watching the news though. It's obviously done wonders for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join