It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Orders T.V. but receives Rifle instead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
News Story

Alternate Story Link With Video

A D.C. man expecting a television to be delivered to his Northeast D.C. apartment instead received a brand new fully-assembled, ready-to-fire Sig Sauer assault rifle. At first glance, you might think Seth Horvitz was being used. A lethal weapon shipped to his address, but meant for someone else? Someone who would get the box before he did? But the documents inside the box told another story and it appears what happened here was an innocent yet astounding mistake. Seth Horvitz knew there was something not quite right the minute he opened the door to his apartment. The box in the hallway didn't look big enough to hold the TV he had ordered. Confused, Horvitz tried to catch the delivery man as he walked down the hall. "I flagged him down," said Horvitz. "And I said, 'Is this the only box that came?' And he said, 'That's it' and he took off and that was it. So I brought it inside and discovered an assault rifle.

Seems like a serious mix-up. One is left to wonder how easy it would be for a UPS employee to switch lables and send Gun Purchases to his own home?

Plus i wonder if the News actually knows the definition of an "Assault Rifle".

I'm not sure if this is truly "News Worthy" but to me it just adds to a growing list of ways the media is trying to villainize legal Gun Ownership in America. Pick up and report any and all Gun related Stories, then we'll put a twist on it in an Anti Gun light. Refer to things as shocking as often as possible ect.

edit on 9-8-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I never get that kind of luck...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Start your timers. Let's see how long until some Senator introduces a Bill to ban the shipping of guns in the United States.

I can hear the political quotes now....

"What reason is there to ship guns through commercial shipping companies?"

UPS dropped the ball big time here. The gun was sold and bought by legal parties. But the fear mongering won't be far behind.

Furthermore, it's very unfortunate that the D.C. police can take and hold this weapon when it is the legal property of a Gun Store in Duncansville, Pennsylvania. They did nothing wrong by ordering the rifle, and why should they pay the price for UPS' mistake? I do hope the Police will release it without too much hassle, but we all know hassle is all they'll do in this case.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nice find, I liked that. Bummer they confiscated it. Wonder if he will ever see his tv.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Imagine if the package was opened by a child, expecting a toy or game.

Major mistake. Someone should be getting fired over this.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

Wow a .308 no less. Certainly would have been tempting to hold on to that little gem.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The video is sickening to me. They show the legal paperwork between the two gun stores. Signatures and all.

They then get their "legal" advice from a member of the Brady Center, who has clear bias's against gun ownership. Of course that guy is going to suggest it's a bad thing to have the means to ship Guns in the US.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by johneffendoe

Wow a .308 no less. Certainly would have been tempting to hold on to that little gem.

A $1500 AR-10 would be a tempting toy to keep

I guess the fact it's illegal in D.C. would make it nerve racking. I'd have assumed it was a setup hahaha, 10 minutes after getting the "shipment" they come knocking down your door.

"Remember citizen, possession is 9/10 of the law, and you can't posses this gun!"

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I really hope this doesn't get blown out of proportion. Yeah it's certainly not good, but this is the first time I've heard of anything similar happening. Also to the pearl clutchers it's not like they shipped it locked and loaded with ammo. I don't think a kid is going to open the box and shoot itself.

The site I saw this on called it a 'huge military rifle' in the headline. I was expecting something more exciting when I read the title of their article.

Really not a fan of Sig's rifles but I would probably had a little range time before 'realizing' it wasn't a TV.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

The chances alone that a fully assembled firearm is sent to the wrong address is already pretty low. The chances that a child would open the package for whatever reason & start shooting things is even lower. So if somebody is fired it would be for many [different] reasons.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

What about the children? It's the same old lame excuse for controlling any argument, is to put an unsupervised child drunk,smoking,and wielding a gun in a semi full of jet fuel driving down the highway alone.
The real danger to the children is no supervision or lack of knowledge. The reason a child drowns is no one was supervising them or no one showed them how to swim. Using the What about the children? line we should outlaw water to save the children.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Fine, forget about the children. What if the gun was delivered to another James Holmes type on accident?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Rifle or television,
you blow your head off with both.

edit on 9/8/2012 by mikepopy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy
Rifle or television,

Hehehe nice one.
That's america for you! "Buy this tv within 30 minutes and receive a nice .308 rifle as a gift for your fiance, call, call, call!!"
(I'm not being an anushole, just kidding)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I like that it is coming from fox and the "alternate" source is also fox. But it is a shipping error, Im not sure what the big conspiracy is...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus

Originally posted by mikepopy
Rifle or television,

Hehehe nice one.
That's america for you! "Buy this tv within 30 minutes and receive a nice .308 rifle as a gift for your fiance, call, call, call!!"
(I'm not being an anushole, just kidding)

so true...so true
Telling it like it is, never is being an anushole.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikepopy

You Get a Star for that my friend.

On Topic however,Like someone else said,what if a child found it? I'm wouldn't worry about a child opening it.

What if the man was deranged,or decided to keep it,and use it for something...(in a single word) bad.
What if he had decided to sue the gun shop,which are I'm pretty sure, would be a hefty sum for personal business,not only could this blunder have ruined several life's,It could have ended several as well.
I do hope someone IS fired for this.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I wish somebody would send me a Sig rifle on accident. Please send a T2 Bolt action in .308 please. The magpul stock please. Anyone able to do a mix up with my address and packages being shipped out from Luepold please U2U me!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
I like that it is coming from fox and the "alternate" source is also fox. But it is a shipping error, Im not sure what the big conspiracy is...

Well there may not be a conspiracy in this particular story. I'm just providing it as fodder for those who want to consider the conspiracies about the media helping push an Anti Gun agenda.

It's all up for discussion. For me i'm not sure this is worthy of national news, but there it is. Overall the case is interesting even if there's nothing nefarious behind it

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Szarekh

Apart from all,
yes this is an important matter.
People could have been hurt.

star to you too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join