It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can star your own posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I just noticed that you can do this, but I swear the little blank star didn't used to show up on a post you made. Did something change or am I just out of it?

I gave myself a star just to see if it would work and it did. And the blank star is still there, leading me to believe that I could star spam my own posts if I wanted. Not going to try in case it gets me banned or something. Just curious.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I just tried it and a little dark gray bar comes up on top of the site (when it refreshes) that says "Error: you can not rate that post"

Have you tried it with several posts or just one?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
testing to star myself

edit: nope. not only can't I star myself, I can't star either of you either!

edit on 9-8-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Didnt work for me....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

The forums that don't have that option are this one (Board Business & Questions), the Introductions Forum and the ATS Freshman's Forum.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

I gathered that after having a look, but thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Patting yourself on the back for your thoughts/opinions is not really encouraged on ATS.

As such, no you cannot star your own post.

There are forums, much like this one where stars have been disabled.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Patting yourself on the butt for your thoughts/opinions is not really encouraged on ATS.

I am not sure if that is encourage anywhere, my friend.

But (no pun intended) the answer to the OP is that you cannot star your own posts. Perhaps there was a flaw on that particular post which allowed you to do so, but I doubt it is likely to happen again.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah I know. You shouldn't be able to do that. But I swear I did it on this post of mine and it worked. I gave myself a star.

But now after trying it again (just for experimentation) it doesn't give a star.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well, have you thought that maybe someone had just given you a star?

It does happen, especially if people actually see your writings, or if you're really nice, or if you have a cute avatar, and say popular stuff people like to hear.

Look, it's happened hundreds of times. This time it happened at the same time you starred yourself.

Now I'd worry about them disappearing. WTF did Jesus mean when he said put your stuff in heaven??? I wouldn't worry too much about little prizes being given out around here, and I mean everywhere. It's just a website gimmick to keep the cash cow alive. Free advice for you: worry about the stars you are given from God. Protect those. Vanity is satan's prime motivator, and I mean prime motivator. It happens to everyone, and if you're sharp, you'll minimize this deleterious effect on yourself.

edit on 9-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok wait wait. I think I figured it out. I clicked the blank star on my post out of curiosity and a star showed up. I think what happened was that someone else starred my post and when the page page refreshed after I clicked on the star what I saw was the star given by the other person.

Case closed. Sorry. Just having one of those mornings I guess.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Patting yourself on the butt for your thoughts/opinions is not really encouraged on ATS.

You can 'like' your own post on Facebook
I have seen people actually do it..

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewtra

Originally posted by Misoir

You can 'like' your own post on Facebook
I have seen people actually do it..

Star for you. One can't hate that concept enough. Par for the course.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Nope, does not work

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If we could star our own posts, I'd have a lot more stars.

(I suspect synchronicity in this case: as soon as you tried starring your post, another ATSer, probably a psychic, picked up the vibe and starred it for you. Either that or it was pure coincidence, but as every conspiracy theorist knows, there are no coincidences.)

new topics

top topics

join