It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driving to a food bank?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I saw a person using their benefits card to buy a large box of strawberries at full ticket price, no sale no nothing, and it's a few bucks. .

Maybe they would have spent more on gas by going to the store where they were on sale? Or are not even able?

I think what prompted my OP was that I find it deplorable that some (if not many) people have zero education in, and knowledge of, simple life smarts. I can cook a pretty filling veggie soup for two for 50 cents worth of produce, why can't they?

Because when most people try to make stuff like that, it taste like crap, they can't eat it and they wasted 50 cents plus spices, plus electricity. Maybe the food banks should hand out frozen ready to heat meals instead of supplying the goods to make them?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I saw a person using their benefits card to buy a large box of strawberries at full ticket price, no sale no nothing, and it's a few bucks. .

Maybe they would have spent more on gas by going to the store where they were on sale? Or are not even able?

Actually, this makes a modicum of sense. One other possibility is to not buy $5 strawberries at all, if you really are in dire straights.

I think what prompted my OP was that I find it deplorable that some (if not many) people have zero education in, and knowledge of, simple life smarts. I can cook a pretty filling veggie soup for two for 50 cents worth of produce, why can't they?

Because when most people try to make stuff like that, it taste like crap, they can't eat it and they wasted 50 cents plus spices, plus electricity. Maybe the food banks should hand out frozen ready to heat meals instead of supplying the goods to make them?

If you screw up a simple salad, or pea soup, or an order of scrambled eggs, you need to sit back, think hard, and try again. Unless you are seriously handicapped, there is no excuse for not being able to cook primitive but still nutritious food, period.

By your logic, taking it one step forward, food banks should just feed fools intravenously. One can't do a baked potato? Really? They can't boil an egg either? Maybe they are just f**ng lazy?

edit on 2-9-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join