It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Vote For Kerry?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The problem is that even if you can track down Kerrys plans (which still aren't very specific), what are the chances that he can implement them? And are they as good as what HE says they are. He says he can bring healthcare to all Americans but that is not the truth.

If you actually look at Kerrys Iraq plan, everything he laid out is what our current President is doing. And I find this statement, straight from the link someone posted above, rather ironic:

After insulting allies and shredding alliances, this President does not have the trust and confidence to bring others to our side in Iraq. But we must rebuild and lead strong alliances so that others will share the burden with us in Iraq and elsewhere

EXCUSE ME?!!? Was it Bush that called our allies a group of the bribed and coerced? Was it Bush that called the Iraqi PM a liar? Was it Bush that that downplayed the important role that our allies are currently taking in Iraq? Hmmmmm.

If the healthcare plan, which according to factcheck.org is not all it's claiming to be other than a huge expense, and his Iraqi plan, which is something that is already in place, is the best justification that people can give to elect Kerry, that sure isn't very much to go by!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
In the article, it goes on to say that Kerry will recend the tax cuts that Bush gave to the wealthy.

c'mon. I AM NOT WEALTHY.
Yet, I got a tax cut.
Please explain..Was there a mistake? Do I have to give the money back now?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Are you speaking of the income tax, vote payoff? More of a bribe than a tax "cut".....

As for insulting our allies, it's out of context, as Kerry is refering to France, Germany, Spain, Russia, etc. These are the alliances that were strained near the breaking point...

If you want more terrorist attacks on our soil, the war in Iraq to drag out for years,

Kerry would bring back some hope for the international community and cooperation. Bush only promises more of the same, with no effort to rebuild those ties...

more of our military people getting sent back to the states in body-bags,

We've had increasing casualties month by month, under Dubya's watch. We lost more in Sept than in August, more in August than July, etc. and so on. Kerry could hardly do worse....

taxes to sky-rocket out of sight,

Bunk. On national tv he stated right at the camera, no tax increases for those earning less than 200k a year. Bush's definition of a "small business" is a multi-million dollar enterprise, or his unknown lumber company...

a government healthcare program where people will die before they can get decent treatment,

Try factcheck.org, and you'll see that over 90% of people wouldn't even notice any changes to their plan...

the U.N.'s presence on American soil,

Where the heck is THAT coming from?

our rights to arms stripped,

Sure...
I suppose the rights we've lost under the Patriot Act, and the ones we'll lose under PAII are just fine and dandy though?

and millions of un-born, human babies "harvested" for medical research, then John F. Kerry is the man.

As opposed to throwing the fetuses in the garbage, we could be curing people like the late Christopher Reeves? Man, what a frickin' monster, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Try factcheck.org, and you'll see that over 90% of people wouldn't even notice any changes to their plan...

Exactly! So if I'm paying outrageos premiums for my current healthcare, if Kerry gets elected I'll STILL be paying outrageous premiums. His healthcare plan will not help those of us that already have insurance.

And, considering how much personal stock he has in pharmaceutical companies I'm not buying that he is for the American people and not the Drug companies, nor am I buying his song and dance about outsourcing when he's talking about letting people get drugs from Canada. Won't tha have an impact on jobs for Pharmacists?

Jemison

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Someone asked the question..."why vote for Kerry?"...
Here's a reason why you shouldnt.
John and Teresa Kerry have not released ALL of their tax returns...why?
Here's why...They made millions of dollars last year and paid a rate of taxes of around 13%. At an income of 6.8 million and taxes of 13%...is that fair. The Bushes made much, much less, and they paid at a rate of 30%. Now before all of you ask how do I know...I found the info on the DRUDGE REPORT...AND...I know that this has been a source of many questions in the campaign. They just dont want to release the records and now I see why they wont. For Kerry to look into the camera and say to the american people..."it was a tax cut for the rich..." He wasnt kidding when he said he didnt need a tax cut. He already pays at a rate of someone earning less than $30K a year!!! I wish people would forget about party lines and look into the candidates themselves. Now I know that Bush isnt perfect, but he has been under the microscope for 4 yrs. We already know everything about him, both the good and the very bad. But what do we know about Kerry. He wont release his medical records from NAM...why? They wont release his/her tax returns...why? He hasnt made his 20 year history in congress an issue or something to be proud of...Why? The tax issue kills me because I pay at a tax rate of 45%...I am a small business owner and I have hired 23 new employees in the past 2 months. I need a tax break...I am moving into another small office and I'm trying to offer my employees decent insurance. This is the real world and the tax breaks have helped. If Kerry rolls back the tax break and starts up this new insurance plan...guess what...It will cost me more money to be in business. You people (KERRY SUPPORTERS) need to forget about party lines and look at the man. To me, the lesser of 2 evils is BUSH. With Bush, I know that he will kick some OSAMA booty, protect america, keep my taxes low and he supports small business. Kerry made millions and based on percentages, paid 32% less taxes than I did. IS THAT FAIR...he's a phoney and anyone that would vote for that crook need to have their heads examined.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

He wasnt kidding when he said he didnt need a tax cut. He already pays at a rate of someone earning less than $30K a year!!!

And why is it that this is not brought up in the media? Can someone PLEASE explain why the media is so soft on Kerry? This type of thing is all over the place and yet there is very little, if ANY coverage on it!! What is going on? Does Teresa OWN the media? I'm starting to wonder!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Jemison,

It's not covered because the media/media elite are over 85% DEMOCRAT. It's a fact so dont let Kerry lovers tell you different. The bottom line, if your a DEMOCRAT and you want your guy in office, your not going to ask the tough questions like the tax issue. Bush has been raked over the coals by the liberal media. I changed my affiliation and my viewpoint during the GORE/BUSH presidential run. It became clear to me that the LIBERAL media was going to push it's viewpoint whether there were stories to tell on the DEMOCRATIC side. It's a shame, because if the american public was told about ALL OF THE TRUTHS, and ask BOTH SIDES the tough questions, I think Kerry would be done. He was a poor candidate from the beginning. The democrats would have been better off with Lieberman or Dean for that matter.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
1. To Focus the war on terrorism correctly.

2. To eliminate more terrorists than he creates.

3. To create World amicability and NOT hostility.

4. To allow legislation to reflect the needs and desires of the American People and NOT corporate vampires.

5. To create an America that believes in SCIENCE and the FUTURE. Not one waiting for the apocalypse to come.

6. To allow Americans to purchase drugs from Canada.

7. To allow medicare to negotiate big drug purchases to save the American taxpayers money.

8. To move us away from a Police state instead of towards one. To support our civil liberties.

9. To restore some fiscal responsibility.

10. To restore some sanity, inspiration, and idealism to the Whitehouse.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Originally posted by Intelearthling
If you want more terrorist attacks on our soil, the war in Iraq to drag out for years,

Kerry would bring back some hope for the international community and cooperation. Bush only promises more of the same, with no effort to rebuild those ties...

With some of the so-called allies we do have in the U.N., who needs enemies?

more of our military people getting sent back to the states in body-bags,

We've had increasing casualties month by month, under Dubya's watch. We lost more in Sept than in August, more in August than July, etc. and so on. Kerry could hardly do worse....

He'll use his power as Commander to throw his weight around in Washington. Bush listens to the Joint Chiefs and Kerry will try and tell them what to do. He's out for glory. He'll get more soldiers killed in a month, I'm willing to bet, than all the soldiers that's gotten killed over there the entire time. And he'll blame it on the fact, that we weren't suppose to be there in the first place. Well his vote for the action sure did prove that he was against it! I'm trying to tell you, he's just out for himself and no one else, not even his running-mate.

taxes to sky-rocket out of sight,

Bunk. On national tv he stated right at the camera, no tax increases for those earning less than 200k a year. Bush's definition of a "small business" is a multi-million dollar enterprise, or his unknown lumber company...

Gazrok, don't believe that! What is the percentage of the people making over 200 grand and the budget Kerry's proposing? Even if he took all the income from people making that kind of money wouldn't add up to what he wants. The working man is going to get hit hard if he has it his way.

a government healthcare program where people will die before they can get decent treatment,

Government controlled healthcare doesn't work and has never worked.... efficiently!

the U.N.'s presence on American soil,

Where the heck is THAT coming from?

Kerry's obvious support for the U.N. and the fact that there was U.N. troops in the the States a little over ten years ago, conducting joint military exercises, under the Clinton administration. I believe we can tell the difference between "U.S." and "U.N." on the side of APC's, blue ones at that. The "Black Helicopters?" U.S. helicopters under U.N. jurisdiction. Can't find anything on the net, but I saw some footage, from Arkansas.
I wonder why?
It'll all come back if Kerry ever gets his way.

As opposed to throwing the fetuses in the garbage, we could be curing people like the late Christopher Reeves? Man, what a frickin' monster, right?

You can't say that stem cell research would have cured, not only Christopher Reeves (may he rest in peace), but the thousands of people who have spinal cord injuries and deteriorating neuro-mass from Alzeimers, Lou Parkinsons etc... It's only research and there is plenty of already frozen embryos for this purpose. Researchers can grow stem cells from existing stem cells and the fact that medical research has prompted nerves cells to replicate is a major breakthrough. Studies and findings as a direct result from stem cell research may one day benefit many people, but at the moment, it doesn't benefit anyone. USDA approval would be the next hurdle if any major findings come out of research and a drug is synthesised.

I sympathize with the loss of Christopher Reeves, but we can't let his death or anyone else's death be a justification for the slaughter of unborn souls that will never get to see life, can we?

Mods: I hope this isn't called excessive quoting. Itried to be short as possible.

[edit on 13/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well on the subject of stem cell research i would just like to remind everyone that President Bush was the first president in history to approve federal funding for both embryonic and adult stem cell research.
Currently the US federal government gives over 20 millon dollars a year to researchers using embryonic stem cells and there are more embryonic stem cell lines being allocated to researchers in the US thtn any other country in the world.
Don't believe the "bush banned stem cell research" lies.
He didn't ban it he funded it.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

www.johnkerry.com...

www.johnkerry.com...

Kerry's own website huh? That should be reliable. Does he mention where this money is going to come from? Simple math will tell you the truth.

1. Fix Health Care by providing Tax Credits to certain individuals

2. Fight a Smarter more effective War on terror with out spending as much as the Bush adminstration

3. Will Not Raise Taxes

4. Fix National Debt in Four years

Wow, if that doesn't sound ridiculous to you then by all means vote Kerry. But as a person of average intelligents i can see that providing tax credits, Fighting a war on terror abroad, and fixing the national debt is going to cost some serious cash. Where is this money coming from? If Kerry is going to cut back on the tax cuts Bush has thankfully given the American people and use that money to pay for his ridiculous plan it still will not be enough. The only way for Kerry to make his plan work is to Raise taxes.

BTW, this was found with about a 5 second Google search...

No way, you found the Kerry home page on Google. So, if i posted info from Bushes website would you take it as truth?

For me it's not so much why I should vote FOR Kerry, but AGAINST President Bush....

"Anyone but Bush". Because of your hatred for G.W. Bush you are willing to throw a guy into office whose plans are subject to change without notice and who says he will not raise taxes but has a plan that has Higher Taxes written all over it.

Bush has...

1. Taken us from a budget SURPLUS to a budget DEFICIT.

Do you think the attack on the World Trade Center in NYC didn't cost America a dime? Do you think fighting a war half way across the world in two different countries is cheap?

2. Made the US reviled around the world, for engaging in a war based on now proven lies.

Based on proven faulty intelligence From Around The World, no lies.

3. Still failed to bring the one responsible for 9/11 to Justice.

Still working on it. But oh yea, Bush already has him. The world will be notified on Oct. 29th, just before elections.

4. Increasingly cut taxes on the rich.

And me, thank you Bush, thank you.

5. Vowed to oppose embryonic stem cell research.

Bush has allowed some money to go towards the reseach. Granted it is not enough yet, but we will get into it.

6. Destroyed or weakened long standing alliances.

Those people have always hated America, Bush did not cause this. What alliances are you refering to? France? Germany? Russia? France has never been a strong alliance, nor has Germany. As for Russia, the cold war is still very much alive. If you think Russia doesn't want America blown off the face of the earth, you should wake up.

7. Sent soldiers into battle ill-equipped, and in too few a number to complete their objective.

Did Kerry vote for or against? Or was it against and then for it?

Eitherway, sending more troops and more equipmant would have cost more money which means we would have a higher national debt. Ahh ha, Kerry's plan is starting to fall apart.

8. Turned Iraq into a haven for foreign terrorists and martyrs, by failing to secure borders during the invasion.

Thanks to those Strong Alliances. Oh, and all the help we got from Kerry and Edwards who voted for sending troops into Iraq but then didn't vote for more equipment and body armor for those troops.

9. Seen the emergence of two new nuclear powers, BOTH of whom are on his "Axis of Evil" list.

Do you not understand the difference between someone who has nuclear weapons and someone that is getting close to nuclear weapons? N. Korea has nukes, we must get China and other Asian countries involved so that they can work something out. If we attack N. Korea the world will go up in smoke.

10. Failed to "wrap up" the battle in Afghanistan.

Like i said above, we are still working on that. The mountainous region Osama is thought to be hiding in is very hard to get into. These terrorist have been fighting each other in that region for thousands and thousands of years, it is home field advantage times 1,000,000.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

we could be curing people like the late Christopher Reeves? Man, what a frickin' monster, right?

This where you have been mislead by John Kerry, Christopher Reeve, and the "Back To The Future" kid. From what i have learned, Stem Cell research is still in the Research mode which means proven cures are years off. Now, before Bush thows alot of money into something that is still not proven and is religiously wrong to him, i am sure he is waiting to see the if there is progress on the research that is now being done. Bush has put some money towards the research but it is not eneough yet.

As for the rest of you post, not even worth it. The truth is staring you in the face but your hatred will not ket you focus.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

we could be curing people like the late Christopher Reeves? Man, what a frickin' monster, right?

True, Bush has approved using the stem cells we have now...
Which most researchers will tell you are all contaminated and useless for research.

As for believing Kerry when he stated no new taxes on those making under 200K a year, I guess I shouldn't believe him... The last time I believed a president, he said we were going to war to rid that country of unlawful WMDs.....my bad. Should have known not to trust a president...

I have no hatred for Bush personally, just for what he's done to our country, in 4 short years, and I'm not too keen on allowing him to continue on that course for another 4 more years... I'd kind of like to see my step-daughter grown up in the America I did, and not in a nation reviled around the world, deep in debt, and fighting wars based on lies...

Maybe I'm just wacky in this regard...but I'd like to think not....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Bush has NO Spine.

Bush signs and promotes bills that are corporate wish lists.

Bush has NEVER vetoed a single spending bill.

Bush fights wars against virtually defenseless countries.

Bush wanted to go to war with Iraq. Americans didn't agree. So he lied to them.

Bush doesn't have the spine to balance the budget.

John F. Kerry has the nerve in a debate to tell an apparent anti-abortionist that while he respects their view will not impose his or their religious beliefs on others.

John F. Kerry had the nerve to say he would not raise middle class taxes.

John F. Kerry has already started scaling back some of his election proposals.

John F. Kerry was willing to go and kill for this nation when called upon.

John F. Kerry talks about science as a tool for future economic prosperity, not as something to squelch in favor of religious sponsored ignorance.

John F. Kerry cares about the American people. possibly too much. Government can't do everything. Nor would i want it to.

I don't blindly believe everything he says, and frankly he can drop most of his healthcare proposals as far as im concerned. Perhaps we can health insure all children in America.

Honestly I would feel more comfortable with him if he said no to a lot of other things.

Recent history has Democratic adminstrations much more fiscally responsible than Republicans. This is something that does matter. Not saying we should never run a deficit, but it should be reserved for extreme circumstances only.

Ive had 4 years of Bush and frankly I've had it with Bush.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

1. To Focus the war on terrorism correctly.

Words are cheap. So he is going to fight a smarter, more effective war on terror AND DO IT CHEAPER!! Wake up, it cost money to fight a war.

2. To eliminate more terrorists than he creates.

We kill quit a few everyday. Everyday we kill more terrorist. I am still in favor of killing them over there instead of them killing us over here.

3. To create World amicability and NOT hostility.

That will get the terrorist to love us. We would never have to deal with terrorism again. Get it through your heads, these people have hated America for longer than G.W. has been alive.

4. To allow legislation to reflect the needs and desires of the American People and NOT corporate vampires.

Like raising taxes, it is going to happen if Kerry is elected. If Kerry does not raise taxes then he will not be able to accomplish his promises to the America people.

5. To create an America that believes in SCIENCE and the FUTURE. Not one waiting for the apocalypse to come.

Bush believes, he is just waiting for enough evidence that will make it worth going against his religious beliefs.

6. To allow Americans to purchase drugs from Canada.

This is good and bad. On one hand it makes it so Americans can get prescription drugs cheaper but it also is OUTSOURCING, which Kerry is apparently against, and outsourcing takes America jobs away from Americans.

7. To allow medicare to negotiate big drug purchases to save the American taxpayers money.

Sounds good but i don't know the specifics.

8. To move us away from a Police state instead of towards one. To support our civil liberties.

Saftey....Civil Liberties. That is a tough one. Do we give up our freedoms for saftey? Terrorism is a real threat so it is hard to say. But to say we are moving to a Police State is exagerated.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

John F. Kerry had the nerve to say he would not raise middle class taxes.

The only way Kerry is going to deliver on his promises of fixing the National Debt in 4 years, fixing HealthCare with Tax Credits, and fight a smarter war on terror is by Raising Taxes

John F. Kerry was willing to go and kill for this nation when called upon.

Thats great and he has been thanked again and again, by the current President.

John F. Kerry talks about science as a tool for future economic prosperity, not as something to squelch in favor of religious sponsored ignorance.

I believe they are Bush's religious beliefs not sponsored religious ignorance.

John F. Kerry cares about the American people. possibly too much. Government can't do everything. Nor would i want it to.

OK, he cares so much he is going to raise our taxes, cut Bush's tax cuts, and making promises to the American people that can not be delivered unless he raises taxes to pay for it.

I don't blindly believe everything he says, and frankly he can drop most of his healthcare proposals as far as im concerned. Perhaps we can health insure all children in America.

Sure, now you don't want the Health Care Kerry promises because you see it is impossible.

Honestly I would feel more comfortable with him if he said no to a lot of other things.

I would be more comfortable if he would actually propose a realistic plan that isn't going raise my taxes.

Not saying we should never run a deficit, but it should be reserved for extreme circumstances only.

So, National Security isn't a "extreme circumstance"? So fighting a war on terrorism isn't a "extreme circumstance"? In your opinion what is classified as a "extreme circumstance"?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

As for believing Kerry when he stated no new taxes on those making under 200K a year, I guess I shouldn't believe him...

How is he going to afford the plans he has mentioned? Should be an easy question for you.

I'd kind of like to see my step-daughter grown up in the America I did, and not in a nation reviled around the world, deep in debt, and fighting wars based on lies...

Maybe you should put the blame where it belongs, hate the terrorist.

Hey, Democrates are known for letting terrorist go...Clinton.

Maybe I'm just wacky in this regard...but I'd like to think not....

No comment, other than if you want higher taxes, vote Kerry. Personally i want to spend my own money, not the government.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Here is a reason:

one fundamental difference between Kerry and Bush is that the former does not want a long term presence in Iraq (expressely) while the latter expressely wants 12 to 14 permanent bases. It's not a nuance. It is a big deal.

Therefore, the only logical choice is to vote for Kerry, who is rightfully concerned about the US being dragged into this pit in the Middle East.

Bring soldiers home, and in the process save enough expense to pay for the medical care.

Go Kerry.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
??Because...if meet the requirements..... its your right & privledge??

is this a trick question

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
one fundamental difference between Kerry and Bush is that the former does not want a long term presence in Iraq (expressely) while the latter expressely wants 12 to 14 permanent bases. It's not a nuance. It is a big deal.

Thank you, but I have not heard Bush wants 12-14 permanent bases in Iraq. We need to get out as soon as possible AFTER we finish the job of training the Iraqi people to take care of themselves. That country is wqy out of control and we must fix it. If we just pack up and leave, we will be bombarded by terrorist attacks for years to come. Countries all over the world will fall to terrorism because the world will depend on the UN to protect us from evil.

Bring soldiers home, and in the process save enough expense to pay for the medical care.

We are not to that point...yet. I agree, we need to bring them home but we must finish the job first.
Go Bush

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join