It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Types of bug-out bags

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I have family, in the mountains. They prep too, and we've discussed multiple contingency plans.

Don't worry, I'm not one of those folks who's gonna go running to someone else's hills.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
One thing that I think would be handy, but never see mentioned is a supply of non-powdered latex gloves. They could be used for many things beyond protecting your hands. They could keep small items, such as medicines, dry.They could be used to hold water, and also blown up as balloons to entertain small children.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hello to all Preppers, just wanting too know what all you guys have put in your Bug Ous or In bags? I've got a Bug In Bag in my Room, as I live in a good area I can defend my Home well with family and friends, I have no gins though its the UK so not many people have them, I have plenty of bladed tools and weapons though, in the end Bullets will run out, bladed only need sharping. So let me know about your Bug Out/In bag.

Thanks George Batterbee

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My BOB....once it's complete, will be the camping/survival type. It's heavy, with quite alot of stuff, but it's a hiking pack, so once I'm strapped in, the weight shouldn't be too much of a burden.

My main shelter in a bug-out situation will hopefully be my AWD mini-van with the seats pulled out of the back. Typically, when I go camping, this is what I use anyway, not a tent. It's convienient and pretty comfortable. Run-flats would be ideal, but they're pricey, so not yet.

As for the BOB itself
My favorite piece in there is my Henry US Survival .22 rifle. It breaks down with the pieces all sliding neatly into the stock along with the magazines, so it fits in the pack nicely. Though truth be told, in a real survival situation, I'd likely be carrying it while hiking. But it's nice that it fits right in the bag.
I have a 500 box of .22 ammo in the van, and an altoids tin full of ammo in my bag.
Edit- Oh, and the stock is wrapped in a roll of camo-duct tape.

I have a good size tent. Bigger than it needs to be in all honesty, I may end up going smaller but I'm not over-encumbered with the one I've got as it is.

Good quality sleeping bag.

An Ambient Weather Solar/crank charge radio/flashlight. It's only AM/FM and weather band, but it's still decent. It also has various attachments for charging just about any phone or music player or other portable device (like my PlayStation Vita when I can afford one), and can charge them in real time by solar, which most similar units can't do. You usually have to fully charge them, then they dump the charge. Mine will keep a device running all day.

I have a K-BAR
2 carbon Ferro rods
2 large heavy duty black contractors bags
2 large orange contractors bags
2 Monster Energy Aluminum bottles
A second altoids tin with a hand sewing kit

My dad's old-school military camping pan dealie which you unclip and it's a deep pan, a plate, fork and spoon. This thing DOES take up more room than I would like, but it's a memento, and it's usefull. While it's in the pack, it's got my first aid kit in the pan, along with my carbon ferro rods and hand fishing kit.

And on the inside pocket I have about 100 top ramen flavor packets so I don't have to eat bland food all the time, lol, and a box of nature valley peanutbutter granola bars.

I'm still looking for a really good quality one of those survival sports bottles with the built in filters. The ones I've found, the filters aren't good for VERY long. I heard of ones that are good for like 2000 gallons, which is what I want.

I also NEED to get an edible plants book. ANd a good machete.
Edit- I could also use some kind of small camping stove, and some medications outside of what's in the first aid kit.

I know it SOUNDS rediculously heavy, but it's actually not bad at all thanks to the well supported hiking pack. I still have some extra room in the bag and some empty pockets as well, and I've already tested it with actually putting some extra bricks in there to see if I'd be able to carry some extra food with me (like rabbits) if I'm on the move. As long as everything is packed right, I can move well with everything, and I'm not a big guy by any means.

Though trust me.........I'm HOPING that if the **** does hit the fan, that I'm able to haul this stuff around in my mini-van, and not with my legs. lol
edit on 13-10-2012 by Larry L because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join