It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To My Iranian Brothers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by DragonRain311

The “propaganda” as you put it, is not and never was against the Iranian people, but against the megalomaniac murdering actions of the Iranian regime.
See the difference now ?

Let's see some proof of all these murdering actions. America and Israel are the aggressors in the middle east not Iran.

Not hard. I can link dozens of clips showing their "Basij" beating, shooting and murdering people who came out to peacefully protest their last sham of an election.

Or i could post pictures of young gay teens being hung in the streets for no crime greater than loving each other.

How about the hundreds Hezbollah and Hamas have killed using Iranian dollars. How about their dismal human rights record? Their well documented torture of those in Evin prison. But you get the point.

Funny thing is, you will simply turn around and say "The US does all this and more". And while i cant argue that for the most part, that isnt the point is it? Iran is no better, they just use different tactics and proxies to do their murdering. If you cant see that they are corrupted and evil as well, thats your problem. I cant cure blindness.

If you want to pick an example of a country who truely represent peace, why not pick some Scandanavian country? Or maybe Switzerland? But no, you blindly follow Iran simply because they oppose the USA. Hell, if Satan manifested himself here on earth and told you he was opposed to the America, im sure you would follow him straight into the pits of hell on that point alone.

edit on 9-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Hamas and Hezbollah are fighting invaders in their nations. You seem to overlook the fact that Irans military hasn't invaded anyone. Where as America and Israel has invaded countries. Unlike you I don't blindly follow anyone. And just because I don't like my nations habit of attacking nations that haven't attacked America just shows I think we should follow our constitution. But you spit on it by supporting sanctions and a call for war against a nation that hasn't done anything to America. I would follow Satan? Sounds like you are BFF with him already.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I can completely agree with your OP. However, its not the Iran civilians themselves that are the problem. They are themselves victims of a strict Mullah regime that runs without any concern for the people of Iran. The people tried to rise up several years ago but were only held back down as the rest of the world ignored their pleas to free themselves from the mullah. (The 2009 Green Revolution)

Sadly, Iran is part of the same game that the US is involved in right now. Each regime needs an enemy.

We should all learn something from this. The US is not that far from this happening here.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hamas and Hezbollah are fighting invaders in their nations.

Point taken and disreguarded. They still fund these terrorists and you are not denying it. Hezbollah fight from Lebanon, and many are not Palestinian. And i understand Palestinian anger, i simply disagree with the tactics Hamas and Hezbollah employ.

You seem to overlook the fact that Irans military hasn't invaded anyone. Where as America and Israel has invaded countries. Unlike you I don't blindly follow anyone. And just because I don't like my nations habit of attacking nations that haven't attacked America just shows I think we should follow our constitution. But you spit on it by supporting sanctions and a call for war against a nation that hasn't done anything to America. I would follow Satan? Sounds like you are BFF with him already.

I dont overlook that. I simply think is foolish overlook the fact that yes, Iran does cause problems for other countries in the Middle East, and not just Israel.

And please, id love you to point out where i said i support a call to war against Iran. Simply because i dislike their leadership does NOT mean i support war. You dont believe someone can be against the despotic rulers of a country, yet at the same time not want to kill them, do you?

And quite obviously the Satan comment was tongue in cheek. I simply meant to illustrate you would follow anyone or anything that opposed the USA.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

No need to bring up Israel and the US. Keep the blame on the oppressive regime that controls Iran. Blame that regime's notorious use of proxy agents to fight their battles and to arm their allies. Never in the direct name of Iran. They just talk the talk while the shadow elements conduct the business.

Just look at how Iran supports Lebanese based Hezbollah on all fronts so their can carry out the dirty work.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by buster2010

No need to bring up Israel and the US. Keep the blame on the oppressive regime that controls Iran. Blame that regime's notorious use of proxy agents to fight their battles and to arm their allies. Never in the direct name of Iran. They just talk the talk while the shadow elements conduct the business.

Just look at how Iran supports Lebanese based Hezbollah on all fronts so their can carry out the dirty work.

Thank you for the common sense, but you will never convince these Iranian appologists that Iran is anything but a shining beacon of good and justice in this world.

And thank you for the telling post of the Iranian election protests. They are a perfect example of how Iran oppresses its own people.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Lets suppose Iran massacres thousands of civilians in a daily basis, lets suppose they have thousands of nukes, lets suppose they opress its citizens by any means they can, lets suppose they fund "terrorists", that their leaders are megalomaniac and lunatics, that they're leaders only are there to do bad stuff to innocent civilians.
Taken this scenario, all of this is Iranians people problem, it is not and will never be US or Israel or UN or any other country. America have its own problems to care about, Israel also, and so all other countries. If the people are unhappy with their government, they will find a way to fight back. Every country must have their sovereingnty untouched and unless this country attacked another one, no one have business with them. US is not "world's sheriff".

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler
Taken this scenario, all of this is Iranians people problem, it is not and will never be US or Israel or UN or any other country.

And for this reason alone, we are not allowed to criticize them?

Pretty bizarre assertation there.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

You're correct. The US cannot police the world. However it is quite fascinating to see which nations we choose to nudge and which nations we ignore. Case in point the 2009 Green Revolution compared to the US involvement in similar situations in Egypt, LIbya and Now Syria. Not to mention the ongoing proxy wars being fought in Central Africa including Somalia. Look at who is rising to power in Egypt and soon to reign in Libya. What's going to happen in Syria, a nation strongly supported by Iran? Two nations which mutually support Hezbollah.

It like a reality based version of "Risk"...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Taken this scenario, all of this is Iranians people problem, it is not and will never be US or Israel or UN or any other country.

That's not what I said. Criticize its ok, everyone have the right to defend its point of view. The problem is when you opose to ones opinion and because of this, you strugle(aka sanctions, propaganda...) with it until it agree with you. Like a couple days ago, I disagreed with a friend, a very good friend, with a different opinion than mine, he is jew and because I disagree with him, he called me "anti-semitic". The thing is, disagree with something doesn't give any one(or nation) the right to force the one that disagrees to agree with you...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That's not what I said. Criticize its ok, everyone have the right to defend its point of view. The problem is when you opose to ones opinion and because of this, you strugle(aka sanctions, propaganda...) with it until it agree with you. Like a couple days ago, I disagreed with a friend, a very good friend, with a different opinion than mine, he is jew and because I disagree with him, he called me "anti-semitic". The thing is, disagree with something doesn't give any one(or nation) the right to force the one that disagrees to agree with you...

Maybe your right for me in Canada, but i disagree with you saying this is not Israels problem, since Hezbollah and Hamas were concieved to oppose Israel.

Im ok with that. The Palestinian people have the right to resist what they consider an unlawful occupation. But Hezbollah and to a greater extent Hamas target civilians much more often than the IDF. And honestly, as much as they claim to have the Palestinians best interests at heart, they do not. They are as greedy, warmongering and self-serving as any USA, Russia, China or Iran.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311
I am a 24 year old, Caucasian Canadian male of Irish and French descent.

What is with you North Americans and your obsession with claiming false identities. I bet you have no more a connection to Ireland or France than you do any other country in Europe, or any other continent for that matter.

A completely pointless thing to say

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The “propaganda” as you put it, is not and never was against the Iranian people, but against the megalomaniac murdering actions of the Iranian regime.
See the difference now ?

ooo yea right.. you know who is primarily suffering because of the propaganda, sanctions and the actions of the west ? the iranian people, as always.

I'm Iranian, living in Canada I am in contact with friends and family living in Iran and I can tell you ever since the sanctions got more serious, the situation has got more serious.

-Inflation has skyrocketed
-Food prices have skyrocketed (more expensive than food here when converted to dollars even)
-People's sense of fear and discomfort has skyrocketed
-Crime has skyrocketed because of increased prices
-Average citizens are beginning to stockpile food
-It's become extremely difficult to move money to family living abroad putting them at serious risk of financial problems
Basically every single aspect of life you can imagine has gone downhill drastically because of the sanctions

My parents were fighting a court case for ten years which belonged to us in the first place but we were betrayed by family which abused power of attorney and sold the house and took the money.

Just last year we got the keys to the house and guess what? The value has gone down over 40% in the past year whereas in the the previous decade it increased value over 14 fold

and somehow you want to suggest all this "propoganda" is not against the Iranian people but the regime?
Hell, undoubtedly the majority of the population despises the regime, but they don't even have time to think about that anymore. They have to worry about putting food on the table and a roof under their head
So please stop buying the Zionist kool-aid

To the OP thanks for the very kind words, it's good to know there are people out there who care and know whats really going on
edit on 9-8-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If I had to apologize for the actions of my leaders, I would be here all day. I can only be liable for the actions of my own. Though I do not see eye to eye with our leaders, in all fairness there is little to nothing I could say or do that would help my countrys case in the international community. Our leaders have take the liberty (no pun intended) of destroying whatever decent reputation that we might have ever had. I speak for myself when I say that I have nothing against the people of Iran, Israel or any other country in the world. I do not think that under any circumstances should the citizens of any country be held accountable for the actions of war-hungry, proppaganda driven, war mongering governments.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am really curious about how many Iranian citizens read ATS...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Saying, "Iran is no better" than the rest of the world, is not making a case for how bad they are..only how bad the world is. Let him/her apologize if that is what they want. I'm still waiting for you to make the thread about human rights, instead of throwing the same thing in every Iran thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by nightbringr

Saying, "Iran is no better" than the rest of the world, is not making a case for how bad they are..only how bad the world is. Let him/her apologize if that is what they want. I'm still waiting for you to make the thread about human rights, instead of throwing the same thing in every Iran thread.

Im not saying they are better or worse than anyone else. Im simply saying they are not the saints many ATS members make them out to be.

Yes, the USA is bad. Yes, Israel is bad. Yes, Iran is bad. Is it so hard to beleive i find it preposterous that some people hold up Iran as a shining example of all that is good in the world?

I firmly believe that most here love Iran simply because they oppose the US. That alone does not make their government good.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oppsies! Double post.

edit on 9-8-2012 by nightbringr because: Double post

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Thank you brother.

There is no need to apology.

Denying ignorance and following your innocent conscious is enough.

Just help other people deny ignorance and wake their conscious about the world.

It is really making hope that other people around the world truly have the same conscious that we have.

Tonight is likely to be the night that fates will be given for a year. I pray that we get a peaceful fate.

regards.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

See the difference now ?

Let's see some proof of all these murdering actions. America and Israel are the aggressors in the middle east not Iran.

Not hard. I can link dozens of clips showing their "Basij" beating, shooting and murdering people who came out to peacefully protest their last sham of an election.

The whole deception was a plan to unstable Iran from inside.

Here is the proof.

And let me tell you one thing.

Those members of Basij were all sacrificing people who stood against invasion of Saddam with backing of the whole world.

Your god blessed MSM is really trying hard to corner those people. To weaken Iran's defense power.

That is plain clear.

Your MSM has been around for years. Iranian people know much about them.

But you don't seem to know much.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Its unfortunate the iranian people are suffering,but the whole point of the sanctions is to make the country unstable. If you make the people miserable enough eventually they look at their government and blame them. then with any luck you have a civil war or a coup and a change of government. Its a much better way than all out war.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join