It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge storms over both poles.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

Will keep an eye on it, but I can't find anything that suggests that Antarctic weather is particularly bad, given that it is Winter - and 40 foot waves in the southern ocean are not all that unusual. (I have been there in Summer and been in waves of around 11 metres - that's about 39ft)
All of the weather stations down there don't look too bad for this time of the year - some of them look quite balmy

In fact there has just been an evacuation out of McMurdo today which was only able to happen because the weather was fine...

Latest Antarctic Weather Obs Coast

South Pole

The Arctic looks more interesting....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by teamhair

After looking I agree. The system in the south is large but not unexpected but may have some adverse affects on coastal regions in Australia. This area is where global weather is generated so can be expected to see large systems generated. Didn't realise how cold it gets there. I will be watching to see if it develops, though.

The north pole system is definitely more significant. reading the talk of rapid ice melt. Would never occur to me that this could be influenced by a storm.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
CNN just said they are going to talk about the waether in the Antarctic, coming up.

They so follow the conspiracy blogs!
Have you ever heard them mention Antarctic weather? And if they say it's just a normal storm for the season, that really points to their newswriters stealing stories from us all.

By the way, i saw this storm 2 days ago on another site, even bigger then. .
edit on 9-8-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I wonder if this has influenced the rescue mission underway that can be found in this thread

I wonder if this storm is the cause of this rescue mission or has some how affected it.

edit on 9-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Oh man, don't get me started on some of the visions I've had concerning messing with the ice in Antarctica, but I probably should stop putting out just random possibilities, cause people are going to start labeling me a fearmongerer or something, when that is not my intention. These are my dreams/visions, and yes some of them are SCARY, but I don't know if they are true. If ya want to know, I can indulge, but just the mention of human presence in Antarctica possibly having triggered anomalous weather patters reminds me of that dream/vision in the extreme. And yes, one possible interpretation is the triggering of a global and massive deadly storm... but that's not what I interpreted it at the time... and only do so at this point in time where someone mentioned a possible connection...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
you know i've been keeping a eye on the weather for about two years now and
i cant help but wonder if the earth quake in chile in 2010, was was said to have changed the earth axis by about 8 centimeters (3 inches) and the japan earthquake by about 17 centimeters (6.5 inches). might have had a effect on the weather.

it's a known fact that the earths rotation has an affect on weather, and if earth quakes change the axis which in turn affect the rotation. i wonder if there is something to this. and with all the little quakes going on all over the place lately, could the weather be getting worse because of this.

also the ice melting off, i wonder if that is caused by the axis change.

when i see something said such as this

Gross said the changes in Earth's rotation and figure axis caused by earthquakes should not have any impacts on our daily lives. "These changes in Earth's rotation are perfectly natural and happen all the time," he said. "People shouldn't worry about them."

which comes from here.
Japan Quake May Have Shortened Earth Days, Moved Axis

i cant help but wonder if maybe the government does know something we dont and there might some truth to all the rumors.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
just thought about this thread, posted two days ago.
South African Snow Record,

the op says that they have had "quite severe snow storms" last year.
it just makes me wonder, maybe if we have some meteorologist here on ats, they might look into this.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

Great find murch S&F

All you really need to do is read the conversation going on at the bottom of this page in the comments section:
neven1.typepad.com...
( click the color purple link at the top and go to comments.)
between the scientists that are actually monitoring this to see hits not only highly unusual, but very concerning.
They even talk about how long it will take before MSM picks up on it, and what way they will spin it.
Very interesting.
an excerpt " Posted by: Paul Klemencic | August 07, 2012 at 15:40
OldLeatherneck

Neven Said.. "BTW, I wonder when the media is going to pick up on this..."

It would require 3 things of the MSM:
1. Be aware that something is happening in the arctic.
2. Care that anything is happening in the arctic.
3. Understand that what is happening will eventually (soon) have a significant impact on global weather patterns.

BTW, I don't think our friends at WUWT are going to win this year's prize for SIE and/or SIA!! Poor deluded babies!

edit on 9-8-2012 by Cherryontop because: to fix link

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
They so follow the conspiracy blogs! And if they say it's just a normal storm for the season, that really points to their newswriters stealing stories from us all.
There are many ways to confirm this copying/stealing/leaks
Start something outrageous that isn't posted on any other website only to findout about it on several news outlets including Crap News Network
Many MSM companies use software that browses the web for stories and scrapes stories and posts it on their website. Many times there is no human element involved.
edit on 9-8-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
RT/russia today, has been talking about the arctic weather for a few weeks know. when i first heard about the WARMER then normal weather down there it concerned me, know seeing these two polar storms re alarms me. I know the arctic glaciers and caps have been breaking up, melting and falling into the oceans at alarming rates. They are saying the arctic is warmer then it should be.
Then I see there are two polar storms brewing, wow one needs to be somewhat watchful.
I wont fluff this one off as a shill or doom call, this is something to pay close attention to.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
Do you remember the weather map in the "Day After Tomorrow" where it shows hurricanes forming at the poles. I realize the movie was not scientifically accurate, but it sure looks like life imitating art today.

WRONG it was 3 storms in the Northern hemisphere in the film not the poles, watched it the other night on tv!

It's posts and exaggerations like that, that blows things out of proportion on conspiracy sites, how many of us here have actually watched the wearth at both poles on a regular basis

edit on 9-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
We need someone here to tell us if this is normal. It's important. Thanks op for let us know.

Be careful with that word Trueman. The other day I questioned whether some UV data was "off the charts" or normal, and at least one person started hounding me for questioning the dire consequences of such data.

Apparently, we are supposed to flip out before ever having a data set with which to compare and thus take the data in question in context.

Just wishing you luck and supporting your sense in requiring data with which to compare.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here is an article that focuses on whats happening at the North Pole during this summer.

nsidc.org...

Basically the amount of ice coverage has reached record lows. The current level of 6.53 million square kilometers beats the previous records of 6.64 million square kilometers set in 2007. This is a drop of 110 000 square miles.

Thats a lot of ice.

Its funny how the initial pictures of the south pole (which had me a bit freaked) appear to be a large but normal system led me to the north pole data which is VERY worrying.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i've been following the weather for a while now and have a modest weather monitor which logs daily data for review

it's been getting very weird for a couple of years now, but the last few days have been insane. Very harsh isolated thunderstorms here in Melbourne, Aus. Today we had rain, sun, huge wind, sleet, hail, sun, hail, sun, hail (with the sun out), massive wind again and antarctic wind chills. One day it's unseasonably warm (approaching the end of Winter here), then the next it's brutally cold for the area. It snowed in several places across vic today which isn't very normal for the areas involved.

live it up, it's all in good fun.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Have no idea if this helps at all, but I live in Vancouver British Columbia and we had a crazy storm the night before last. I have never seen lightning like that or heard thunder like that in my life. Could have just been because it was passing over my head.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sorry for this, but...

What would it be like if ATS had a weather report given by a 'conspira-meteorologist?

Something like this maybe...

"Hi folks, we are having strange weather today, all over the globe. Don't bother trying to escape, we will be dead by the end of the day today."

"Please tune in tomorrow for more."

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The weather has been very odd in the last few years and especially the past winter and this spring and summer. I live in ohio (USA), and the past winter here was a disappointment by my standards, I'm not sure we had enough snow fall to build a snowman. If it was snowing out the temperature was in the single digits or below zero, too cold to take the kids out to build one. Now it's been in the 90's here since about May with little rain until the beginning of August and when it rains it's like a monsoon and then the sun comes out ?!?

P.S. Just FYI, I tried to get the average temps. and precipitation for Ohio and couldn't find anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that the Earth is absolutely getting warmer, but not necessarily due to humans. I believe the Earth is still coming out of the last Ice Age, so yes the average temp. of the Earth is getting warmer and ice caps and glaciers are melting, it's not "global warming" it's the Earth getting back to it's natural state.

...just found this as I was previewing my reply....

joannenova.com.au...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The geese are already amassing here. At least 3 weeks early, I told my wife we're in for a hard winter, looks like I'm right. Hold on to your butts it's going to be a big one if I'm not mistaken! If this storm is any indication, I think the systems are already forming and soon will be coming down on North America, record heat then record cold. If I'm not mistaken this has all the indications of real Global Climate Change!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Uh Oh.... If regular media focuses on the Antarctic Weather as if it's a new discovery, we'll be hearing routine Ice weather reports like the 4 horseman themselves have ridden up on line and laughed at us. It took me a moment to find this, because the phenomenon is truly awesome in displaying the power of nature without barriers. There are far better and detailed accounts...but in a pinch, this should explain the water and to some degree, why the land is also among the most hostile and windswept places on Earth.

If I were to mention the Roaring 40s and the Furious 50s, would you think I was talking about the 1940s and the 1950s? What about degrees of latitude?

Turns out, the roughest seas in the world are in the far northern and far southern latitudes. North of 40 degrees North Latitude (or south of 40 degrees South Latitude) the seas are typically quite high on a consistent basis. Why so rough way up there or way down there? Wind. Winds, of course, are the main drivers of the seas: typically, the higher the wind, the higher the sea. And the wind — why so strong? Consider the ice skater who increases his or her rotation when bringing their arms closer to their body. It’s a similar situation when comparing winds at the equator to winds closer to the poles. In addition, there are fewer friction sources (mountains) far to the north and far to the south, so the surface winds can whip around more or less unhindered. Even the ocean currents are relatively unfettered: they don’t have to bob and weave around land masses so they, too, are free to travel as fast as they care to. No surprise then that navigating (or habitating) these regions is a treacherous proposition. Here’s a quick look at some of the most notorious seas:
Source

Whale Wars surprises me for having hit so little of this. Reading some 1st person accounts from crew onboard ships which didn't have a quiet time across the 40's and 50's is literally reading about Ocean states I can't properly picture or imagine as a real thing in the world.
That's an incredible place!

(All the best for whatever is causing the Medical Evacuation call out of McMurdo.)
edit on 9-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join