It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage and Raising Children: The Elephant in the Room

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Regarding Chick-fil-A.

LGBT have known for a long time about Mr. Cathy's million dollar donations to groups that if not on the official hate list at the SPLC - - - are being watched carefully.

Being anti-gay does not get you on that list. Putting forth inflammatory propaganda and out right lies - - will get you on the list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So any LGBT that follows LGBT news - - - already knew about Mr. Cathy's million dollar donations - - - and have boycotted Chick-fil-A for quite some time. A year at minimum.

Did you know? Was there any major public display or public protests by LGBT against Mr. Cathy and Chick-fil-A?

Hmmmm - - no hate from gays - - no public outrage - - no vicious protests - - - even though LGBT have known all along about Mr. Cathy's millions of dollars donated to fight against their equal rights.

So what is the difference this time?

Heaven forbid that Fundamental Christians jumping into this and making it a media frenzy - - - might be responsible.

Oh no. They can't be at fault - - their Christians.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Gay couples can adopt children without being married so I view this thread as a moot point.

I believe the overall theme is more about whether they should raise children (despite the title)
edit on 11-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Cosmic911

Gay couples can adopt children without being married so I view this thread as a moot point.

I believe the overall theme is more about whether they should raise children (despite the title)
edit on 11-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

Ok, regardless, gay adoption is nothing new and has been successful for numerous couples. There have been lots of studies concerning the children of gay parents; they have been objectively positive if you take the time to research the subject.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Why are gays complaining about not having the same rights as everyone else? When in fact, they do. Can gays get married? Yes. Same as everyone else. Just not to the opposite sex.

Marriage is a sacred word that means the lifelong coming together of a man and a woman. Why should Christian's rights being thrown away for 7% of the population? The liberal media says it's closer to atleast 10% of the population but that is false. The kissing day at Chic-filet was a huge failure because nobody showed up. Which means the gay population is much smaller than the media wouyld have you believe.

[snip]
edit on Sun Aug 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: crude off topic remarks removed

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSheepHerder
Why are gays complaining about not having the same rights as everyone else? When in fact, they do. Can gays get married? Yes. Same as everyone else. Just not to the opposite sex.

Marriage is a sacred word that means the lifelong coming together of a man and a woman. Why should Christian's rights being thrown away for 7% of the population? The liberal media says it's closer to atleast 10% of the population but that is false. The kissing day at Chic-filet was a huge failure because nobody showed up. Which means the gay population is much smaller than the media wouyld have you believe.

I don't believe gays are born that way. Gays always like to use animals as validation for their immoral lifestyle so riddle me this. Why aren't there any animals that are gay for life? Because when an animal is committing a homosexual act, they are filling a need, nothing more, nothing less. You know what else is common in the animal world? Incest and bestiality. Are we to say that is also acceptable because it is found in the animal world?

This is probably one of the most ignorant posts I've read to date on ATS. But that's ok, I'm a veteran and voluntarily served in the military to maintain your right to such hold ignorant and biggoted beliefs. And no, not all gays and lesbians have the same rights as all heterosexuals. I so enjoy it when people claim how sacred marriage is. Have you looked at divorce rates? If marriage is such a sacred union between men and women why is the divorce rate so high? Doesn't seem like such a sacred union between man and woman when...

The 2010 rate is 3.6 divorces per 1000 population: i.e., 0.72% of the population got divorced that year. The absolute number of divorces was 872,000.
These figures did not include California, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisana, or Minnesota. Divorce Statistics

Anyone who cares this much about what occurs in the bedrooms of others doesn't have enough going on in their own lives IMHO. Either that, or no one asked them to the prom or they're still living in their parent's basement.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

You meant just not to the 'same-sex' methinks?

Let's pretend it was reversed. Only homosexual marriage was allowed. Now look at it.

Why are heterosexuals complaining about not having the same rights as everyone else? When in fact, they do. Can heterosexuals get married? Yes. Same as everyone else. Just not to the opposite sex.

If this impacted you personally, like the above example, you wouldn't be saying you had equal rights.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Isn't the real concern by most heterosexuals; that should gays be allowed to adopt, that they would groom those children, so that could practice their sexual deviant acts on them???

When I start seeing case after case in the courts of GAY parents being brought up on charges of child sexual abuse, please give me a call as I sure ain't seeing that happen!

Seriously all these type of discussions are now mostly moot, as most of us HUMAN BEINGS are moving forward as a society and embracing ALL individuals...unfortunately some are somewhat slower at it than others.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

You made me laugh.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Isn't the real concern by most heterosexuals; that should gays be allowed to adopt, that they would groom those children, so that could practice their sexual deviant acts on them???

I sincerely hope that's not what most heterosexuals think

Is this what most heterosexuals think that you have spoken to

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You made me laugh.

Glad to hear it Annee, as after reading thru some of these 'other' threads, I've mostly seen you get either HURT, SADDENED, ANGRY or a combo of all three.

It's not all bad...think of it this way, most of the people with the 'narrow' vision, will be gone in a generation or two and it will be left to our children's children, to make a better world (just got to hope that this generation doesn't end up nuking all our ass*s before that time!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I sincerely hope that's not what most heterosexuals think

Is this what most heterosexuals think that you have spoken to

Yes, in our secret covens (churches), it's the first and main topic of discussion when gay adoptions come up!

Just joking (badly), but I don't think I'm all that far from the truth.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1

Originally posted by Annee

You made me laugh.

Glad to hear it Annee, as after reading thru some of these 'other' threads, I've mostly seen you get either HURT, SADDENED, ANGRY or a combo of all three.

It's not all bad...think of it this way, most of the people with the 'narrow' vision, will be gone in a generation or two and it will be left to our children's children, to make a better world (just got to hope that this generation doesn't end up nuking all our ass*s before that time!

Thanks - - but I think its others that get - - angry - - hurt - - and saddened - - with my direct statement style.

I learned a long time ago not to use emotion in posting.

Yes - - I'm counting on the next generation - - at least for this one issue of acceptance and equality.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join