It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flawless second day on Mars for Curiosity, high-res pic (including R/B 3D)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
one of those stereo shots is pretty nuts - except the one in the crater where the body of the rover is too close and the 3d image can't render.. i have a twin lens 3d camera and love good 3d photography.. any chance NASA can just post MPO's instead of anaglyph? lol

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by Seremela

How about taking away all the different bonuses from all the banksters and push in the money into projects like this.

And then what? Will it help planet Earth??? How is this mission benefiting us? Why are we so fascinated with life on other planets; and care so little about life on this one? The same people that start wars, are the same people that runs NASA. So, how does this benefit you and me???

I could only imagine what life would be like, if we used all this technology to enhance our lives. Instead of going to mars, how about we find a cure for cancer????

At some point in time we'll have to deal with an asteroid or comet heading our way. I bet you would wish we spent more time and money on that day?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Awen24
I don't understand how it is that $200 billion only buys you a black and white camera these days.
I really don't.

Why dont you go and find out about the cameras there are 17 cameras on this NOT that you could be a%$£" to find out!!!

Oh and its $2.5 billon you could even get that right!
edit on 9-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

He's already been politely corrected on this and respectfully acknowledged his mistake. No need to beat a dead horse my friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
At this time when the economy has been so bad I DO NOT think this was money well spent.

I'm sorry but with humans dying from something so simple as hunger and dehydration etc. I do think this money could have been used in a better way. The ones making this so called history could go flip burgers for a few years until Earth problems are solved.

There is a time for everything and I don't see it being time for this UNLESS NASA is playing a Wacko card deal for disclosure in the Alien way that is timestamped and has to be made at this time.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I don't understand how it is that $200 billion only buys you a black and white camera these days.
I really don't.

You see, it's post's like this that screw it up for everyone who doesn't know (like yourself).

(Sigh)

2.2 Billion - NOT 200 Billion!

And you obviously know nothing about this mission. I would yell, "Phage!!" right now, but he is probably too busy setting the records straight because of posts like this.

The black and white images are only from the HAZ cams and the other cameras that are meant for navigating!!!!!!!!!

The MAST CAM will have your color photos... This takes time now, mmkay?

In the meantime, you and the other people who starred your post need to LEARN what is going on here and why we have the images we have and why the high rez color images aren't here yet.

THE CAMERA IS NOT DONE BEING TESTED!

My goodness gracious.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Wait till they find microbes...........

Great pics, BTW !!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

Wouldn't it be more prudent to image and visit (via rover) the anomalies to determine previous habitation versus the "speculation" derived from the chemical constituency radioed back from the rovers?

Perhaps because the only "anomalies" you are speaking of are in the eyes of the beholders.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That is what I am waiting for.

Viking kind of detected something back in 76...

This mission could very well confirm it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
(Some of you) - Here you go guys - happy?

Can someone embed that, please? Pretty please?
edit on 8/9/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

To pick a pebble out of an avalanche and complain about the destruction it causes is to refuse to look at the whole picture. Even if you took the money from this mission and redirected it to feeding the hungry, how many meals could you provide? Once that money ran out the hunger would still exist.

Feeding the hungry is not a monetary problem but rather a societal one. In fact there are many organizations who sole purpose is to provide food to those without. But it is because of you and I that there isn't enough getting to them. Let me ask you how many TV's you have? How many cell phones, cars or computers. We choose to take our excess wealth and spend it on selfish purposes.

And has been asked here previously, what about the war machine? Do we really need so many weapons to kill those of our own species? Could all of societies ills be cured? Sure, with the right mindset, but I cannot see that happening whit who we are.

If we want to complain about wasted money let's put the blame where it truly lies. We can spend money to further our collective scientific knowledge or to continue the suffering of our fellow humans. The choice is ours.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

I have 3 or 4 pairs somewhere

Just gotta find them

You lucky ba%&d you

I can not find my anywhere. Guess it is Ebay time for me

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
S&F.

black and white pics aside. its amazing to think, "this is another planet". its one thing to see it through a telescope, nowhere near it. but pics ON THE GROUND is pretty sweet. keep em coming as you get em.

thanks.

Strange is that when I look at the pictures, even though it is another planet(amazing!), they still feels so "at home" in weird way. Perhaps us humans have some kind of connection with this marvelous planet

A little bit of "colour" for you.

edit on 9-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Strange is that when I look at the pictures, even though it is another planet(amazing!), they still feels so "at home" in weird way. Perhaps us humans have some kind of connection with this marvelous planet

Same here! I have always been drawn to Mars for some reason. It is what got me into astronomy - now I spend all my extra money on telescopes and accessories

Are all the flood stories and myths just a glimmer of a cataclysmic ancient memory of when Humankind evacuated from Mars to Earth?

Nice pics everyone. Thanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

A little bit of "colour" for you.

A lot more here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
At this time when the economy has been so bad I DO NOT think this was money well spent.

I'm sorry but with humans dying from something so simple as hunger and dehydration etc. I do think this money could have been used in a better way. The ones making this so called history could go flip burgers for a few years until Earth problems are solved.

There is a time for everything and I don't see it being time for this UNLESS NASA is playing a Wacko card deal for disclosure in the Alien way that is timestamped and has to be made at this time.

How about McD spending there ad money for two years on a project like this, and they can get that little golden double arch on a rover...

McD is the brand that spends the most on ads, racking up $963 million in ad spend last year, up 8.6% from the year before.

McD ad info

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Can't embed it. But thanks for posting it.
And it isn't even the high rez version.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

I missed that one.
Thank you very much for adding it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

the people making this "so called history" arent the ones to blame. blame the guy who signs the budget.

once the money is allocated, it "needs" to be spent in by that "agency".

so before you condemn the people doing it. go after the source of the problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Yes, there are many ways to feed the hungry...for a start, you could slice off a tiny amount of the TRILLION dollar budget for the military - this alone would be plenty to send rover up there each week, but amazingly, you seem to be fine with the fact that FAR MORE is spent on weapons and wars, as compared to a laughable $2.6B budget stretched over ten years for a mars mission.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

How about McD spending there ad money for two years on a project like this, and they can get that little golden double arch on a rover...

McD is the brand that spends the most on ads, racking up $963 million in ad spend last year, up 8.6% from the year before.

McD ad info

Spending almost a billion PER YEAR with the goal to make people sick and fat is money WELL spent
/sarcasm

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join