It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami cannibal attack victim Ronald Poppo recalls attack by naked man who chewed off most of his fac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Miami cannibal attack victim Ronald Poppo recalls attack by naked man who chewed off most of his face

www.heraldsun.com.au

THE homeless man who had most of his face chewed off has spoken for the first time about the horrific cannibal attack.
Herald Sun Digital Pass

Ronald Poppo, 65, has undergone skin grafts to repair the mutilations left when the crazed man chewed into his face beside a Miami freeway on May 26.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

“He just ripped me to ribbons," the 65-year-old Poppo told police in an interview obtained by CBS Miami.

"He chewed up my face. He plucked out my eyes ... And basically that's all there is to say about it."

“For a very short amount of time I thought he was a good guy,” Poppo said in the interview, which was conducted on July 19.

"But he just went and turned berserk. He apparently didn’t have a good day at the beach and he – he was coming back. And I guess he took it out - took it out on me - or something. I don’t know.”

Poppo was left blind, missing his nose and covered in a patchwork of mangled flesh.

The victim has finally spoken out about the cannibalistic attack in Miami.

I feel very sorry for the man, having to put up with the horrible results of such an attack. Seriously though, i don't understand how he could first think that the "cannibal" was a nice guy...or at least normal...

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It almost sounds like he was familiar with his attacker.

Had he met the cannibal before the day of the attack?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

In the article, it is said that it's not the case :

Poppo said Eugene, whom he did not recall having ever met before, approached him on the sidewalk and was "chummy" before he "snapped," strangling him in "wrestling holds" and picking at Poppo's eyes.

(I guess we could say that not recalling having met someone is not the same as saying you've never met this person, but I think that would be a play on words.)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
People, please start at least glancing at sources provided before replying. Other than that first thought, it is nice to know he got back in touch with his family who assumed he was dead.
edit on 8/9/2012 by ALOTOFBS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I wish Mr Poppo all the very very best for the future and hope that he will never want for anything agian.

As for the zombie... who know's?... we are certainly living in a #ed up society.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
brave man, hope he has some semblance of a decent life for the rest of his days, at least his attacker is pushing daisies

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Poppo says that the attacker was talking about not having a good morning on the beach because he didn't score.
I wonder if he meant scoring drugs or women, or maybe both?

If he couldn't score drugs then that would alter the theory that he was high on drugs (bath salts or whatever) when he carried out the attack, also only small traces of cannabis were found.

It sounds more like he was a crazy sometimes drug user who snapped that morning, certainly not the loving, sober, bible reading person his girlfriend says he was.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Poppo says that the attacker was talking about not having a good morning on the beach because he didn't score.
I wonder if he meant scoring drugs or women, or maybe both?

If he couldn't score drugs then that would alter the theory that he was high on drugs (bath salts or whatever) when he carried out the attack, also only small traces of cannabis were found.

It sounds more like he was a crazy sometimes drug user who snapped that morning, certainly not the loving, sober, bible reading person his girlfriend says he was.

His girlfriend had stated before that he planned on attending a concert that day.

He may have been referring to tickets.

I got that tidbit from a previous article that I read in its entirety, maybe some newbie can chastise me for not providing a source.

new topics

top topics

join