It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One man, one dog, one Facebook photo that has touched thousands of hearts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
How are personal attacks advancing your case? I haven't made inflammatory comments about any one person, how can you hope to embarrass me by doing so? I've seen many dog owners send a misbehaving dog to the kennel (cage). If it is demeaning to put a man in a cage why is it not so with other creatures? And I've held off when it comes to making comments about what these loving owners do to pets' genitals, which brings to my mind images of concentration camp atrocities. What would happen if a dog could associate its owner with the loss of its dignity?

Actually there are a few rapists and pedophiles that should be made into eunuchs. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. Actually take the whole unit off and prevent ANY sex. And while I don't find it demeaning to put some people in jail, I'd rather see them rehabilitated and helped thru their anger and hate issues so they can contribute and function in society. Dogs are dogs, they screw any chance they get. We have to spay/nuture or over population would be a massive problem. Have you ever been to some 3rd world countries and seen the packs of dogs running around scavenging for food?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I should ask you to explain your sociapathy/psycopathy with regards to your claim that people in jails a. should be there in the first place (because there are no wrongful convictions or peace loving potheads in jail) and b. should be forcibly sterilized.

If a person commits murder rape arson pedophilia etc they SHOULD be in a cage if they cannot be rehabilitated or helped to get over whatever it is that gives them the desire to do these things

You've also stated that it's your inability to control your slaves' behavior that induces you to mutilate their bodies. Also, I haven't expressed outright anger in this thread. What I've been doing is calling for the discontinuation of selfish use of animals and asking questions about that concept, which seem to have really inflamed some folks here and got them angry. But you will notice that the tone of my posts has been fairly even, not really plunging into mania or depression or this extreme anger you wish to place upon me.

I agree a "slave" is wrong. The people that force their pets to jump thru hoops, do their bidding, and dance around on tv for example I take issue with. But I would not call a dog that wakes me with a lick to say good morning, lays with on the beach in the sun, brings me the frisbee or ball of his own accord because he wants to play or in this case willfully swims with a man in a lake a slave.

I agree with the other poster, I am truly sorry you have never experienced real unconditional love of a pet and I am sorry for whoever hurt you. It's time to move on....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CrippledAhole

If it can be proven that a person is actually this dangerous they need to be removed, not mutilated or tortured in a prison. Also, I do not live in a 3rd world country, I live in the US where dogs live in posh little commodes and are not just freely running around raping anything that moves. My best friends parents have 2 male dogs with mutilated genitals. They spend all their time in the house with each other and any contact they have with other dogs is closely monitored and controlled. Do you let your dogs have free run of the neighborhood?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Lovely picture.

As a side note: Bayfield WI. is a really neat little town. Kicked off a weekend of kayaking from there (out to one of the inner Apostle Islands chain) years ago. It was relaxing just being there.

edit on 11-8-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

sorry i got off topic and wasted everyone's time with those posts. it's a beautiful picture of two loving creatures.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by izero

You are dead right.

However I think it makes it more awesome that we have this engineered relationship. I think because the way we have bred dogs that we owe it them to look after them.

There's a really interesting project called the silver fox project, where a group of science folk have speed up the domestication of foxes through selective breeding - up to fifty generations now I think. Fascinating.

-----------------------------
two engineered engineers massaging each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join