It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit crying about Romney's TAXES!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I would like to point out one interesting fact to you too .. off topic if I may .. but interesting...

This is your own thread.. it's now into the 3-4 page range.. you've barely gotten any stars at all, you've gotten two flags.. and people who've not agreed or who've challenged you.. have almost always gotten stars... when is it time to realize... "maybe I need to re-think my position?" .. even Romney supporters are iffy on his tax position ok? .. it's ok to question him on things he deserves to be questioned on.. that's called rationalism..

And might I add there are plenty of Romney supporters here..
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think four pages is enough.. you've not given much to this debate.. I'll check back in a bit just to see... out of pure curiosity .. but there's more here that has much greater interest to me.

I look forward to good replies to challenge my position.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I think four pages is enough.. you've not given much to this debate.. I'll check back in a bit just to see... out of pure curiosity .. but there's more here that has much greater interest to me.

I look forward to good replies to challenge my position.

I'm not gonna challenge speculation and hearsay.

If the Bane scandal is true, then it will come out right?
If he didn't pay taxes it will come out right?

So when these things do come out, because they will, then we'll both know who's wrong or right.

I didn't start this thread to get stars or flags, you'll probably notice I don't post much and I don't look for confirmation of my thoughts.

This rant has as much to do with this topic as well with my disdain for 80% of the garbage posts that come out of ATS. Everything is a conspiracy, everyone rich person is the devil, every major event is because TPTB made it happen, and everything that is on TV is true, etc.

You don't have a point, you have a speculative position based on an unproven statement made during an election year. MSM would make Jesus look like a criminal tax evader and you can bet everyone on ATS would have their own conspiracies based on a few talking points then would parrot them like it's true. The propaganda war is on, and everyone is eating it up.

My hope from this thread was just so a few would see it and not post the same repetitive dribble over and over again.

Remember this is a rant, so for point of argument I don't need to make any. Just ranting.
edit on 8-8-2012 by SadButTrue because: added

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I can only imagine the cries from the right if Obama didn't release his tax returns. The electorate deserves to see a presidential candidate's tax returns for multiple years. Period. Even Willard's own father George said in regard to releasing tax returns to the electorate "One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show, and what mattered in personal finance was how a man conducted himself over the long haul." So, Willard only releases 1 year
We can only wonder why, since he is refusing. Release the returns Willard! Number of years of returns previous presidential candidates have released:

Barak Obama-D: 11 years
Willard Romney-R: One year - 2010 (plus estimate of 2011).

Barack Obama-D: 7 years
John McCain-R: 23 years

George W1 Bush-R: 13 years
John Kerry-D: 5 years

George W. Bush-R: 7 years
Al Gore-D: 16 years

Bill Clinton-D: 19 years
Bob Dole-R: 30 years

Bill Clinton-D: 15 years
George H. W. Bush-R: 18 years

George H. W. Bush-R: 14 years
Michael Dukakis-D: 6 years

Ronald Reagan-R: 14 years
Walter Mondale-D: 8 years

Ronald Reagan-R: 10 years
Jimmy Carter-D: 8 years

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue

Bottom line.. if I were him .. i would just release the information to shut people up so they'd leave it alone.. he's definitely hiding something.. don't kid yourself

Yeah he's hiding something.....? If that were true, the Obama administration would have the IRS and the Justice dept. do an investigation.

That's what I mean by "you guys don't know anything about politics." !!!!!!

Reaaaally now? .. Obama can't tell the IRS to go audit people .. that isn't how it works.. this is an election situation, Obama would absolutely not be able to exert his authority in that manner .. I'm not even sure he could make a request like that regardless.. that isn't how it works.. Not only that, it would be politically unpopular for Obama to use his powers against an election opponent.. don't be silly

Are you sure about that?
IRS told employees to ignore potential fraud in program used by immigrants

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
They only care because the MSM and Democrats care. If the tables were flipped, they would be telling us to "move on" and discuss the economy and ongoing wars.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
OK OP. We will all just leave it alone because you say so.

I bet you think the government knows best, and has our best interests as a top priority.

Go back to sleep and live the American dream, we will keep shining light on the RED FLAGS.

Your busy calling everyone lap dogs, while rolling over, whos really the lap dog?

edit on 9-8-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I don't care for either candidate!

Did Romney use every loophole to pay less taxes? Probably.

Truth is, you're either a MSM lap dog, you're an unemployed or lazy person who is jealous of his wealth and jealous that he used loopholes to pay less taxes.

Truth is, you'd hire a good accountant to do the same thing if you were rich, you'd be dumb if you didn't!

I think this is the problem. Rich people can find loop holes and take advantage of the system--it puts the burden on the rest of us.

Then rich people and people like you decide to sling mud at poor people. You call poor people lazy and complain that they do not pay their share.

It just seems to me that Romney may not have "cheated" on his taxes. But if the general public gets confirmation that a gazillionaire like Romney has managed to "legally" evade paying taxes (or very little taxes), then the GOP will no longer be able to talk crap about poor people. They will lose their arguing position.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

I don't think ANYONE is CRYING about the jerks tax records.

We are asking to see them and wondering out loud what he has to hide.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Bottom line.. if I were him .. i would just release the information to shut people up so they'd leave it alone.. he's definitely hiding something.. don't kid yourself

Yeah he's hiding something.....? If that were true, the Obama administration would have the IRS and the Justice dept. do an investigation.

That's what I mean by "you guys don't know anything about politics." !!!!!!

Reaaaally now? .. Obama can't tell the IRS to go audit people .. that isn't how it works.. this is an election situation, Obama would absolutely not be able to exert his authority in that manner .. I'm not even sure he could make a request like that regardless.. that isn't how it works.. Not only that, it would be politically unpopular for Obama to use his powers against an election opponent.. don't be silly

Are you sure about that?
IRS told employees to ignore potential fraud in program used by immigrants

Thanks for posting this, I just didn't feel the need to prove something which I thought most people already know is true. But thanks for the proof that guy was wanting to see. It's obvious that the President's administration can basically tell the IRS through some channel to "look into somebody."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join