It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit crying about Romney's TAXES!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Gosh I feel like the third wheel suddenly.. no longer getting responded to

Please OP .. school me on politics!
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

All the OP's defense is "you're wrong" and "you're jealous. He needs to take a debate 101 class. A for effort though.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Fire and or jail them all.

This country is going to need life support.

Iceland has shown us how.
edit on 8-8-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue

Done shady things? like use loopholes? Why do you care, or let me guess, you wouldn't right? I wouldn't believe that from anyones mouth.

I'll be proven right when they do come out and all you who parrot MSM talking points realize you were used like so many others. Like him? LOL, don't put words in my mouth.

Politics? If you knew, then you'd know I'm right. Obviously it's the latter.

I do care about loopholes.. they are abused, why wouldn't I care?

Hey I am all for that .. let Romney clear his name right now! bring it ... I'm pretty sure he won't though.. let's just see.. I wish I could put a bet on that..

If I knew then I'd know you were right? that's a cop out again.. you keep jumping around that one.. try again

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

All the OP's defense is "you're wrong" and "you're jealous. He needs to take a debate 101 class. A for effort though.

I noticed... I was really amused at the whole you're wrong and if you don't know I won't explain it to you thing.. I've got all the time in the world to be educated.. nothing wrong with some good solid education..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Sorry bro, if you don't know how this whole thing works, i'm not gonna give it to you in detail, you gotta figure it out yourself.

Hmmm... funny how whenever a GOP is in office there are ethics investigations and other types of investigations for the Demo's and visa versa when there's a Demo in office??

Weird huh? Just do some research bro.

I just told you how it works... and how it doesn't work.. and your response is to say if I don't know you won't tell me? .. are you serious? that's a cop out .. please sir, tell me how the president has the authority to go tell the IRS to go audit his campaign rivals ... it's not happening ..and won't happen.. and you'll never see it happen in your life time..

Isn't it funny how all the conspiracies you believe in..... yet you think somehow this president doesn't have the power to have his tax records or implore the IRS? Another great argument.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The OP would care if it were illegal aliens using loopholes, or poor people. But since Romney is a rich American citizen, he looks the other way.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The OP would care if it were illegal aliens using loopholes, or poor people. But since Romney is a rich American citizen, he looks the other way.

Of course I do, it's his money! And in my case, it's my money! Not the governments. Oh no, are you guys big government, entitlement fans? That's why you think like this, I get it now.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Isn't it funny how all the conspiracies you believe in..... yet you think somehow this president doesn't have the power to have his tax records or implore the IRS? Another great argument.

You don't know me very well .. I don't believe in many conspiracies .. I get a lot of crap for debunking a lot of topics or going after the OP for not having facts or enough supporting information to support their claims.. I'm known for it ..

I'm telling you that you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this kind of political game .. I can try to break it down for you again?

Romney won't release beyond 2 years.. he was fine with 2 years, but he's very very strict on his stance about noooo more... Why? .. and again.. if he's got nothing to hide, why not share that? .. your thoughts?

Second... you mentioned why doesn't Obama have the IRS audit Romney then .. well I answered that question more than once..care to counter that with some good solid political education for me?

Those two core things are at the heart of this... Romney has everything to gain and nothing to lose if he releases his tax records assuming that he's been a tax boyscout like you seem to want to believe.. He has everything to lose and NOTHING to gain if he hasn't ... so again.. Obama is being smart by letting Romney hang himself .. and Obama simply doesn't have the authority to do that, even as President.. even if he wanted to.

You can cheer for your boy all you want.. but there's something just odd about this.. and you've not really given any good response to any of that other than "you don't know how politics works, bro.. and if you don't know I won't tell you"

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Despite me getting a lot of crap, I do have a very good and long standing reputation on this board.. and I'm proud of that.. I try to be fair and I try to weigh things.. but you're not giving me much to work with in your favor.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

So you agree you only look the other way if its rich people?

You think rich people are entitled to loopholes and everyone else isn't?
edit on 8-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So you agree you only look the other way if its rich people?

It is starting to look that way.. honestly I'm surprised.. not even the Romney supporters are rushing in here to back the OP up .. this is a hot topic in the Romney camp ..

I think everyone is waiting with baited breath to see what Romney does to solve this because it's a BIG deal, especially with the economic situation the average American has to deal with... this is something Romney should very WELL be facing up front.. but he's avoiding it .. and I think that's really bad for him.

I mean HONESTLY if he came out with his taxes and proved the naysayers wrong.. it would make him look like a brilliant business man who knows finances rather than someone taking advantage of the system.. if he was a brilliant guy with finances and didn't abuse the system or lie about Bane .. well he'd probably win

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

"Romney won't release beyond 2 years.. he was fine with 2 years, but he's very very strict on his stance about noooo more... Why? .. and again.. if he's got nothing to hide, why not share that? .. your thoughts?"

Why? because people will make a big deal out of the loopholes that all them would exploit too. Simple as that.

"Second... you mentioned why doesn't Obama have the IRS audit Romney then .. well I answered that question more than once..care to counter that with some good solid political education for me?

"Those two core things are at the heart of this... Romney has everything to gain and nothing to lose if he releases his tax records assuming that he's been a tax boyscout like you seem to want to believe.. He has everything to lose and NOTHING to gain if he hasn't ... so again.. Obama is being smart by letting Romney hang himself .. "

Quit putting words into my mouth. He used loopholes, and I don't like him. I just get tired of hearing hearsay from MSM lap dogs. He's was a governor prior! You actually believe a guy like that is gonna not pay taxes? He has enemies too ya know?

It's common sense, the only thing he has to hide are the loopholes that people like you would make into a big deal, when really, you would do the same thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

There's a difference between "loophole" and a tax fraud. If you're going to make your platform about taxation being too high, it is a perfectly apt request to pony up your numbers. Its silly to not ask for the returns considering that IS his platform and he requested months of extensions this year. Why? Who knows. Personally I think it was to allow him time to figure out how to cover 2011s fraud, while deciding on a "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain' defense for previous years returns.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Awwww poor Mitt...He doesn't want everyone to see that the super rich pay less taxes than the working class...While his presidential tax plan is to raise taxes on everyone making UNDER 200k.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Vote for Gary Johnson. He'll be on the ballot in all 50 states and he's sane and not a bought-and-paid-for corporate shill.

Max Keiser said the other day that the reason Romney won't show his taxes is that people will realize he has to be a BILLIONAIRE once you realize how much money he's making on investments every year, and the available interest he could possibly be accruing.

Are you ready for a billionaire president, people? Especially one who thinks felonies are 'pranks and hijinks?' Who believes in sacred underwear? Really?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You didn't use the quote system right so let me piece this together.. gonna take me a minute ..

Why? because people will make a big deal out of the loopholes that all them would exploit too. Simple as that.

Simple as that why? that makes NO sense... there shouldn't BE loopholes.. are you suggesting we should let Romney off the hook just to hide those loop holes so nobody else but the wealthy who know about them can? that's a completely horrible response.. I hope you clarify because that was crap.

Quit putting words into my mouth. He used loopholes, and I don't like him. I just get tired of hearing hearsay from MSM lap dogs. He's was a governor prior! You actually believe a guy like that is gonna not pay taxes? He has enemies too ya know?

I'm not putting words into your mouth, I don't have to .. you're doing a great job at debating on your own .. I don't have to do anything
.. You're back on loopholes.. I asked you about Obama auditing him and you replied earlier that I didn't know politics and if I don't know you won't tell me .. well I'm asking and you're living up to your word on not replying.. you're talking about MSM lap dogs .. Yes I believe he wouldn't pay taxes.. I said that already.. I'm still saying it .. My point REMAINS.. if he's got nothing to hide.. why not just shut us up and reveal the taxes.. you've given absolutely nothing valuable to that question as a response.

It's common sense, the only thing he has to hide are the loopholes that people like you would make into a big deal, when really, you would do the same thing.

Even if that is some how common sense ( care to explain how that's common sense?.. it's not ) ... LOOPHOLES ARE NOT GOOD .. you're defending the right of the richest to abuse our tax code, and you're suggesting for some weird reason that those loopholes should remain hidden to the poorer folks.. are you absolutely seriously saying that? because that's EXACTLY how it reads..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dignified

There's a difference between "loophole" and a tax fraud. If you're going to make your platform about taxation being too high, it is a perfectly apt request to pony up your numbers. Its silly to not ask for the returns considering that IS his platform and he requested months of extensions this year. Why? Who knows. Personally I think it was to allow him time to figure out how to cover 2011s fraud, while deciding on a "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain' defense for previous years returns.

He's doing what every other crony politician is doing.... re-doing his taxes to make it look like he doesn't take as many loopholes as he did. This is the way it works with these types. I'd take every loophole too, and if you don't, you're a sucker. Yeah let's demonize hime because he didn't want to giver more millions to our corrupt government, yeah!

So a guy that has been in politics for years and has run for president among other positions is not gonna pay taxes. That alone is pure ignorance if anyone thinks that.

Simple as I said a million times: He used loopholes that will make him look bad since it a bad thing to be rich in America because we have so many entitlement loser and jealous people. It's the truth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join