It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Of Same-Sex Couples Must Be Saved Through ‘Underground Railroad’ Kidnapping

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

See? It all just escalates. Christians arent bigots. Bigots are bigots... If were just going to slander every single person who has a differing point of view then it will simply escalate. Should a pastor say people should kidnap homosexual couples kids? No he shouldn't but he can say whatever he wants. Do all christian / catholics agree? No. Its a fine line between offering your own opinion and attacking someone. If your just going to attack people your no better than the guy who said he was going to kidnap children.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
The state probably should get involved and ban (sorry folks but some things should be pre judged) the adoption of children by same sex couples. It does not promote a traditional family. The media wants to promote a "new normal" for the definition of a family but if gay or lesbian couples can not have children on their own because nature did not intend it then they should be allowed to adopt. The welfare of the children should trump the desire of the couple to have children (as is the precedent). I will not apologize if this offends anyone. This is one situation where I do favor more action/protection from the state.

Can you define for me what you mean by traditional family? Is it based on religion or something else? I have a feeling I know what you mean, but I don't want to make assumptions.

Just because nature didn't intend something doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. Nature did not intend for someone to have a heart or kidney transplant, yet we have saved millions by doing that every day. Nature also didn't intend for us to walk on the moon or send probes to Mars. My point is that humans gained the ability to think and reason because of nature. One could argue that all we have created, all the ideas and philosophies, are natural because of that fact.

edit on 9-8-2012 by DarthOej because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by DarthOej because: left a word out

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by nixie_nox

See? It all just escalates. Christians arent bigots. Bigots are bigots... If were just going to slander every single person who has a differing point of view then it will simply escalate. Should a pastor say people should kidnap homosexual couples kids? No he shouldn't but he can say whatever he wants. Do all christian / catholics agree? No. Its a fine line between offering your own opinion and attacking someone. If your just going to attack people your no better than the guy who said he was going to kidnap children.

A bigoted man who actively promotes the kidnapping of children from homosexual households deserves to be verbally attacked. The ones attacking him are indeed better than he is. There's no question about that one.

He is free to say that and we are free to call him out on it. Although, he may not be because that seems dangerously close to conspiring to kidnap someone.
edit on 9-8-2012 by DarthOej because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

So, what you're telling me is that I shouldn't be allowed to adopt a child because I'm part of the LGBT community? You would rather see children suffer in unloving foster homes than with me and my same-sex partner (if I had one, that is)? What about the best interest of the child? You honestly think it's in the best interest of the child to stay with foster parents than in a loving same-sex household because it doesn't fit with /your/ definition of a "traditional family"?
Since you seem to know a lot about this topic, what exactly IS a "traditional family"? To me, a "traditional family" is one that consists of adult(s) who love, support, teach, and take care of their child(ren). Whether that be the child being raised by aunts/uncles, grandfathers/grandmothers, their friends parents, adoptive parents, cousins, brothers/sisters, same-sex couples, single mothers/fathers etc etc etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Did Jesus go around telling each other gay's were the devil? Did he rip the kids from their parents who would have been single sex couples?

These people who think this way are the scum of the earth and I personally would love to punch each and everyone of them in the nose with a brass knuckle.

They bring the hate to this world. They are the problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
These people are so stuck in their 19th Century mentality. I mean, it's the 21st Century for cryin' out loud, shouldn't they be calling for an Underground Highspeed Mag-Lev by now?

*rim-shot*

I'll be here all day.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Yup.

Oh you thought the headline was perhaps senastionalist? Taken out of context?

The American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer has sunk to a new, disturbing low with his anti-gay statements. In two separate tweets last night, he called for an “Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households.” In one tweet he was referring to the sad story of Lisa Miller, who, after declaring herself ex-gay, kidnapped her daughter away to Central America to prevent her former partner from having any custody. (She is still being tracked by federal agents as a fugitive of the law.)

Think Progress

Now that's from a source I would normally just call on the far right, or far left of social propaganda. And ignore any other nonsense they talk about other than this specific piece of text above, the purpose of this conversation.

It doesn't surprise me that crazy, extremist people make these sorts of statement in public and really think it's ok. I'm not really bothered by the Fred Phelp's of the world and their hatred.

What concerns me, is the complete and total lack of outrage from the same side who are moderates. Who I would think are more intelligent and concerned with the actual problems of the world, instead of non issues like sexuality.

I think we'll all agree that kidnapping children from their respective parents, who have done nothing other than be different in the eyes of some, is insanity.

Why do we allow extremists to represent us? Why, if the majority are moderates and we all very well know our numbers are greater than theirs, do we remain silent?

A culture of apathy exists within our collective society. One that allows for injustice and insanity for comfort.

~Tenth

edit on 8/8/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Where can I donate money to this cause? Seriously, stop thinking people care about homosexuals. The reason why the majority is silent is because we agree with the anti homosexual extremists to a certain degree. Personally, I don't care what homosexuals do behind closed doors, but what homosexuals have done in hijacking our society in an effort to shove homosexuality down our throats, well I am beginning to understand why the Bible say's what it say's.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
you christians need to save your religion from the christian radicals.

kinda like the muslims need to save their religion from their own radicals.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Yup.

Oh you thought the headline was perhaps senastionalist? Taken out of context?

The American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer has sunk to a new, disturbing low with his anti-gay statements. In two separate tweets last night, he called for an “Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households.” In one tweet he was referring to the sad story of Lisa Miller, who, after declaring herself ex-gay, kidnapped her daughter away to Central America to prevent her former partner from having any custody. (She is still being tracked by federal agents as a fugitive of the law.)

Think Progress

Now that's from a source I would normally just call on the far right, or far left of social propaganda. And ignore any other nonsense they talk about other than this specific piece of text above, the purpose of this conversation.

It doesn't surprise me that crazy, extremist people make these sorts of statement in public and really think it's ok. I'm not really bothered by the Fred Phelp's of the world and their hatred.

What concerns me, is the complete and total lack of outrage from the same side who are moderates. Who I would think are more intelligent and concerned with the actual problems of the world, instead of non issues like sexuality.

I think we'll all agree that kidnapping children from their respective parents, who have done nothing other than be different in the eyes of some, is insanity.

Why do we allow extremists to represent us? Why, if the majority are moderates and we all very well know our numbers are greater than theirs, do we remain silent?

A culture of apathy exists within our collective society. One that allows for injustice and insanity for comfort.

~Tenth

Where can I donate money to this cause? Seriously, stop thinking people care about homosexuals. The reason why the majority is silent is because we agree with the anti homosexual extremists to a certain degree. Personally, I don't care what homosexuals do behind closed doors, but what homosexuals have done in hijacking our society in an effort to shove homosexuality down our throats, well I am beginning to understand why the Bible say's what it say's.

It is Cival rights,if you don't like it that is fine you don't have to go to any gay weddings or have gay friends. No one wants to shove anything down your throat.."no pun intended..well kinda". The same arguments happened when mixed raced couples wanted to marry back in the day.

If you don't have an issue with mixed Race marriages, gay marriage shouldn't bother you. Look at it this way, china has laws about how many kids you can have because of population. Gays help keep that populations down, to help you have as many kids as you would like. You are welcome to adding to your freedom now help add to mine.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well I'm just gonna state the obvious...

1) The kid grows up with gay parents

2) The kid becomes gay (to them that's normal)

3) The kid grows up and finds a gay lover

4) The gay eventually dies and is sent to hell forever.

Maybe this is why they're saying it's better to try and normalize the child than what could happen.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Maybe this is why they're saying it's better to try and normalize the child than what could happen.

hey i know a guy who grew up with a gay father and now he is happily married to a woman and loves his two kids more than you were obviously loved.

im just stating the obvious.

when did ats become filled with so many hate mongering christians?
some of you people disgrace your jesus christ.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

If all gay kids come from gay parents, how do you explain all of those straight kids that came from same-sex homes? Same goes for gay kids from straight parents. How do you explain all of those gay kids that came from straight parents?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Alternative Ending or,,,, what is more likely to happen in the ''afterlife''

4) The gay eventually dies and after a Karmic Review of that Life Decides to
return to earth because of the Compassion his/her soul achieved in that
previous life, and Goes on to Become a Bodhisattva of the Compassion that
Includes ALL BEINGS, and works to get all those poor souls Out of the
Self Created Hells they made while alive on Earth.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

If all gay kids come from gay parents, how do you explain all of those straight kids that came from same-sex homes? Same goes for gay kids from straight parents. How do you explain all of those gay kids that came from straight parents?

yes i blame the damn straight people for having those damn gay kids.

should we start kidnapping kids from straight parents to keep any of them from being gay?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Wait a minute..is it not a man and woman who had sex to create a child?

By your logic...it is straight people who created gay children...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Methinks r2d2 has a loose screw......
Logic has been erased from that unit's vocabulary....

Des

edit on 9-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

I was just about to say we need you over in this thread!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

hey i know a guy who grew up with a gay father and now he is happily married to a woman and loves his two kids more than you were obviously loved.

Well what I'm saying is there's a serious risk of this. And we're not hate mongering. Just because I'm saying what most Christians believe doesn't mean I hate anyone. The whole point of some of these seemingly politically incorrect actions is extreme love. They know that you have to be politically incorrect sometimes in order to do the right thing. Something a non Christian will have a hard time understanding. Again no hate bro, just telling it straight that's all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Well what I'm saying is there's a serious risk of this. And we're not hate mongering. Just because I'm saying what most Christians believe doesn't mean I hate anyone. The whole point of some of these seemingly politically incorrect actions is extreme love. They know that you have to be politically incorrect sometimes in order to do the right thing. Something a non Christian will have a hard time understanding. Again no hate bro, just telling it straight that's all.

you are a disgrace to the idea behind your jesus christ!

no hate bro, just telling it straight thats all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Have you even looked at studies of children from same sex house holds? There is no basis in saying that a kid will grow up gay, if his or her parent are gay.

My parents are straight and I was born gay? I have been gay since I was a child, I was born gay to ensure our population stays under control. That is what god wanted, god made me and made me gay.
edit on 8/9/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join