It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God punishing America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All nations of the world are in the same boat and must all eventually be swept away to make way for God's Kingdom; the same one Jesus instructed his followers to pray about in Mat Chap 6, & Daniel talked about in Daniel 2:44.
This won't come about by some natural disaster or some world war, this will be God's hand.
Americans can rightfully say that they enjoy more freedom and a better standard of living than most if not all other nations, but that is not due to some special blessing from God. At one time the Romans had a better life than the rest of the world too.Something to think about.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Why what was so bad that happened to the Roman's? Ditching togas for Gucci and zipping around on Lambrettas shouting Ciao doesn't sound too much of a mark down.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
God doesn't punish anyone,
we do that enough to ourselves.
That is free will.
But then, the God I love and understand cannot be contained in any one book.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Why what was so bad that happened to the Roman's? Ditching togas for Gucci and zipping around on Lambrettas shouting Ciao doesn't sound too much of a mark down.

Well, they used to be referred to as the Roman Empire. Not much of an empire anymore, although I do love their cars and food.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

And shoes! Don't forget about those Italian leather loafers.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Hey there AlreadyGone ... please pardon my bluntness but I think you need to stop seeing this from a selfish perspective (whatever religion you follow) ... the US is not isolated in the cr@p that is currently going down and I for one think it's a little offensive that you should speak as if the rest of the world is not going through really bad times as well.

I am a practicing Witch ... and it might surprise you to know that I believe in God as the creative source of all living things ... personally I don't think he / she / it is punishing us ... I think we've got into this situation all on our own.

And I think you need to stop seeing the US as the beginning / the middle / and the end of the universe because I'm sorry to have to break this to you but in the grand scheme of things the US is nought more than a minor blemish in that universe.

We have to get a grip and realize we did this ... we are the ones to blame ... and we have to take responsibility ... my God(dess) is nature ... and you only have to see the freak weather and the earthquakes and volcanic eruptions to know that our Mother Earth ... the thing that provides us with a place to live has been abused and repeatedly raped by mankind ... and trust me she is pi$$ed off big time.

I really am sorry if this sounds harsh but this is real 'EVERYWHERE' and it's no good bleating about God punishing us ... because we have destroyed paradise and created hell ... sad fact ... is it too late to put it right ... I don't know ... I think it might be because there are too many people like you who cannot accept that it is our faults ... not Gods
... and even worse there are too many people like you who think it is only their tiny point on the map that is effected ... not the planet !

Woody

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Now why would God, punish America?

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world.Luke 4:5

This is who controls the kingdoms of Earth....

According to Christian doctrine.
edit on 9-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I believe this is a prophetic funeral hymn for America.

We sang durges in the dark. A durge is a funeral hymn.

The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost. They caught the last train fore the coast. God has turned his back on America.
edit on 9-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
In the strongest language possible, the Bible says because of iniquity the land will vomit out its inhabitants. Once the people of the land accept inequities, things such as homosexuality and child sacrifice (abortion) are signs that God has already given many over to a reprobate mind. This reprobate mind will accept further and further evils until they are destroyed. So yes to your question. Many today show that reprobate mind - fighting for the right to murder babies, to murder their elderly and to promote anal and lesbian sex as if it's natural - and by doing so, they have chosen evil and the death that follows. Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a severe judgment administered by God Himself. This judgment is simple:  they are given over to their passions.  That means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins (Romans 1:24).  As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing, and then they go and promote it and condemn others who don't participate in their sin.  So, without an awareness of their sinfulness, there will be no repentance and trusting in Jesus.  Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness.  Without forgiveness, there is no salvation.

It's people like you are whats wrong with the world. You blame our misfortunes on a group of people because the bible told you that its wrong. Earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, and other natural disasters don't occur because Americans embrace homosexuality. Economic meltdown, rioting, wars, and other man-made disasters aren't God's fault. WE caused them. We are responsible for them. We need to own up to them and work to fix them. Sitting back and saying "Ha ha! See serves you gays and child killers right! This is what happens!" is the lazy and ignorant way to go about it.

Homosexuality has been around WAY longer than the Christians have been demonizing it. The ancient Greeks practiced it as part of their culture and they didn't get wiped off of the map. And as for the abortion thing, you do realize that there are many ancient civilizations that practiced all sorts of human sacrifice and they survived for thousands of years.

Closed mindedness like this is what is preventing humanity from truly achieving world peace and prosperity. Why work towards fixing our problems when we can just blame them on a group of people perpetuating the hate and negativity? Gays are people too. They have feelings, emotions, and want to live happily just like you and I. One more thing, for a god that is supposed to care for all people, why is he demonizing these people for being sexually attracted to people of the same sex? Hate of all forms is wrong, people as a whole should be working towards getting rid of it, and if the bible condones it towards a group of people then the bible is wrong. The bible was written after all by humans.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

The answer would be yes to your question.

Is God punishing the United States of America as we drift further and further away from God and His Words?

Why and how? For that you need to look at the Leviticus 26 agreement. Now there are those that would say that the old covenant was swept away by the coming of Jesus Christ.

That is a mostly false assumption on their part. Why?

Matthew 5
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

In order to avoid judgment under the law you have to look at Romans 11. You need to be a saved Christian in good standing to be grafted into the olive tree. Otherwise as Romans 11 warns you could be pruned from the tree. The problem with the United States is that at one time it was mostly a God fearing country with a high percentage of regular church going folks. But the percentage has been dropping. Which then means under the Leviticus 26 agreement they would be opening up the nation to possible retribution.

Here is what the lesser punishments are.

Leviticus 26
14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;
15 And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:
16 I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
17 And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.
18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
19 And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:
20 And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits.

The Drought of 2012 has been a bad one for much of the country.
Weather.com 2012 Drought

Also consider the 9-11 attacks and verse 17. And consider that Obama is a Marxist. Ruling the US? They that hate you shall rule over you?

And from here it gets worse. Plagues, diseases, and health disorders run rampant. Wild animals run rampant and start killing off people. Your enemies attack you. Food itself loses it's ability to satisfy your hunger.

And finally if the country in question does not repent. The country is conquered and destroyed. The people are killed and or taken away as slaves.

So is God punishing the US? He very well could be.

And as a side note consider what the benefits are under the Leviticus 26 agreement. And ask yourself. Have we been receiving them?

3 If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;
4 Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
5 And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.
6 And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.
7 And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.
8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.
9 For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
10 And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new.
11 And I set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.
12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.
13 I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

One problem I found in your post is that you don't understand how the Judeo-Christian religion works. The reason why God didn't care what Greeks or other ancient civilizations did was because they were not a party to the Leviticus 26 agreement.

The world is different now from back then. Why? Because as opposed to back then the Leviticus 26 agreement only applied to the Israelites. But it is been 3000 years since that agreement was made. The biological descendants of those original Israelites have scattered to the world. Infecting it as they went. This Leviticus 26 agreement is binding on their descendants. Also when it comes to Christians Romans 11 adds a wrinkle to this as well. When you work out the olive tree parable it's suddenly obvious what is a Christian. They are "adopted Israelites". Grafted into the tree of life. Which then means they and their descendants are subject to the Leviticus 26 agreement.

Chances are between 60 to 80 percent of the world's population is subject to this agreement now. And the percentage is 90+ in the US and the western world.

So what is the problem with homosexuality? Because the Leviticus 26 agreement is based on societies. If you allow lawbreakers to live unimpeded in your society they bring down everybody else. You may be a blameless perfect Christian but if the society is receiving a punishment you receive it as well.

That's the reason behind the Salem witch trials. No only would an evil witch probably do evil acts on the town and people but God himself would judge the town for allowing the witch to live.

And that is one of the great failures of today's Christianity. Nobody teaches the consequences of breaking of God's law. They've forgotten.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Last I checked, America is punishing itself by letting this terrible government walk all over us. If divine events were occurring like blood rain, locust plagues, or widespread disease, then you might have a point. Everything going wrong in the world right now we have done to ourselves. There are plenty of countries that have it worse off than America right now. It seems more like the little guy is getting punished. There's still hope though. The yellowstone volcano could blow at any time.

edit on 14-8-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Oh I understand Judeo-Christianity. I was raised Catholic and I'm glad I don't consider myself Catholic anymore. There are too many problems with the religion that I don't feel like getting into. I just appreciate it you don't assume things about me just because I take a stance opposite of you. Like I said in my first post, the bible was written by man. It was originally translated from Hebrew and many parts of it were changed.

The Salem witch trials were inspired by a bunch of adolescent girls trying to get attention and rebel against their parents (wow surprise surprise). It was blown out of proportion by Pilgrim ideology and fear mongering. There was barely any real evidence used in the trials and most convictions came about because of hearsay and the girls' ability to act possessed. I can't believe you'd actually bring that up to defend your point. Are you going to bring up the Spanish Inquisition next? Do you believe that the Crusades were justified?

As far as your percentage of people in the world under this pact goes, you aren't even close to correct. I'll post a link of all of the world's religions.

World's Religions

The picture shows something like 32% of the world is Judeo-Christian. Please don't make statistics up on the spot. Also going on this percentage, this topic is suggesting that because 1/3 of the world is straying from their religious doctrine, that God is punishing them. What about the other 70% of the world? Why do the Hindus get a free pass? Or the Buddists? Heck the Muslims are suicide bombing themselves to kill us. Isn't suicide supposed to be a capital sin giving you an automatic pass to hell? But, no because we support Gays and abortion, God is destroying our country. Excuse me while I laugh out loud.

Again, we [Americans] are responsible for our predicament. Our society is just following the natural law of decay. Just like all the other great societies before us. We rose up, held the number one spot for a while, got too big and have now started to fall off. Everything has a life cycle and we are no exception. Here is a wikipedia article on it:
The Law of Civilization and Decay

top topics

<< 1   >>

join