It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic Rescue Mission Underway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Antarctic Rescue Mission Underway

An Australian medical team and government jet were sent to Antarctica Wednesday to assist in the rescue of an expeditioner from the United States' McMurdo Station base.

The Australian Antarctic Division, a branch of the government's environment department, said the US National Science Foundation had requested assistance in an emergency mission, the details of which were not immediately clear.

Further details were expected to be released later by US authorities.

It's interesting they announce a rescue, but not make immediately clear why.

Tracking this one...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
VOSTOK!
will check back here snf

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Most probably have something to do with Lake Vostok, yes... That is why the expedition details "remains unclear", since mostly everything they do there is top secret, it seems....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Or the guy went out alone, hasn't come back, is missing, they don't really know the details, are worried and asking for emergency search and rescue to look for the guy.

He could have wondered into a snow storm to check some antenna or transmitter. his insulin may have been bad and he collapsed against the weather conditions and is laying face down half buried in snow half dead. He could have fallen into a crevice. He could have been attacked by angry rouge penguins for all we know.

DOubt there is some secret alien base found under lake vostok conspiracy in regards to this guy going missing.

Although whats under Lake Vostok could very well be a mystery. But that might be for another thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why would the US request medical assistance at McMurdo if the incident occurred at Russia's Vostok base?

That'd be like calling an ambulance to LA to help a man in NY ......

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There are fleets of ambulances in every city that are constantly criss crossing town in an effort to those who have had any number of problems.
This can also happen on the ice cube as well.
There are just no fleets of ambulances nor good hospitals there.
Nothing suspicious here.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
VOSTOK!
will check back here snf

How misinformation, rumors and confusion begin. Thanks for contributing.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is dumb because why would they go to antarctica the people that went to antarctica i mean the South Pole died and the one got so cold that he went nuts and he bit his pinkie off. Why go to antarctica when you would go nuts!

the good doctor

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Perhaps it was because of the storm?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Update:

A rescue aircraft sent to evacuate an American scientist who had fallen ill at a research outpost in Antarctica successfully arrived back in New Zealand on Thursday morning. The patient was then transferred to a local hospital for urgent surgery.

The A319 Airbus from the Australian Antarctic Division research program began its five hour journey from New Zealand yesterday and made a landing on an ice runway known as Pegasus, near the McMurdo station where the scientist is based.
The rescue flight was flown into Antarctica under risky weather conditions with temperatures as low as -30 degrees Celsius. Flights to Antarctica are usually only made in the summer but the National Science Foundation (NSF) said the patient, who is a member of one of its projects, may require “immediate corrective surgery.” NSF also said they are unable to reveal any details about the scientist’s name, gender, age or illness due to privacy reasons.

www.euronews.com

Not much info, but atleast they made the trip without problems!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
More from another article:

The patient, believed to be an American citizen, was in stable condition before the plane's arrival, Wing said.

Wing said she could not say whether the person's condition is life-threatening. But the patient requires medical attention beyond what can be provided by the medical team at the research facility, which Wing said is "like a portable hospital unit." Corrective surgery may be required.

Wing said she could not say whether the patient became sick or injured while at the facility, but she noted that there is "a very rigorous health screening process that you must go through" to be at the facility. "I would assume that the person did not go with any existing condition that would have posed a problem."

Source

It's frustrating they wont provide some idea what the problem was....

Odd.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Update:

A rescue aircraft sent to evacuate an American scientist who had fallen ill at a research outpost in Antarctica successfully arrived back in New Zealand on Thursday morning. The patient was then transferred to a local hospital for urgent surgery.

The A319 Airbus from the Australian Antarctic Division research program began its five hour journey from New Zealand yesterday and made a landing on an ice runway known as Pegasus, near the McMurdo station where the scientist is based.
The rescue flight was flown into Antarctica under risky weather conditions with temperatures as low as -30 degrees Celsius. Flights to Antarctica are usually only made in the summer but the National Science Foundation (NSF) said the patient, who is a member of one of its projects, may require “immediate corrective surgery.” NSF also said they are unable to reveal any details about the scientist’s name, gender, age or illness due to privacy reasons.

www.euronews.com

Not much info, but atleast they made the trip without problems!

*dons tin-foil crown*

Sounds a bit suspect to me. I say this mostly on the premise that I have heard of rather similar cases (person had to be choppered off-site for medical reasons) and in those cases, the details were released. I am not sure if they were released immediately, however.

Either way, it fuels the fire of speculation quite nicely. Combine that with a massive, record storm in starkly the other direction (look guize! over there!) www.abovetopsecret.com... and you seem to have the typical recipe for covered-over bull excrement. Figuratively speaking, that is.

I demand answers! (or comfort, safety, and possibly convenience) but mostly answers (i guess)

Forgive the jest. Apparently I should have forsaken reading for sleep hours ago.

top topics

join