It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Nope. Not who you think. In the interest of bi-partisanship, this time it's Mitt Romney and Company who are engaging in spreading lies and inflaming class-warfare. The Administration was attempting to allow States to improve on welfare-funded employment services but the GOP spinmeisters have attempted to distort that plan into allegedly removing any requirement to work.

linkie, dinkie, do...

I'll save the trolls some work: liberals blah, blah, blah... marxists blah, blah, blah, the left blah, blah, blah...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
How can you tell when a politician is lying?

The answer is when their lips are moving.

I have a strong distrust for all politicians. Both parties lie to use, while they smile and continue to send our country further down the path of economic collapse.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I don't see it as a distortion because many of the exemptions don't qualify as "work" in my opinion. You can simply claim that you gave a massage, viola you "worked"

duh

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Not only did Romney lie about this...but he supported the exact policy that Obama is proposing when he was a governor of Mass.

He even signed a letter of govenors asking for the changes that Obama is trying to implement.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The ad also doesn't mention that the Republican Governors Association asked Congress for even broader welfare waivers in 2005, in a letter signed by 29 Republican governors, including Romney.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I live here. You're right. What I hear coming out of this guy's mouth based upon what he said and did while Governor is bizarre.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jtma508

Not only did Romney lie about this...but he supported the exact policy that Obama is proposing when he was a governor of Mass.

Is it really "exactly" the same? Yes, governors want exemptions, but are they the SAME exemptions? I think not. Feel free to correct me.

Let's get a little detail behind this claim and see if it holds water please. Do some critical thinking.
edit on 8-8-2012 by 2XOHsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 2XOHsurf

You are right...what Romney supported wasn't exactly what Obama did...it was far more liberal than that.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Obama campaign said Tuesday that as governor, Romney supported waivers far more liberal than those the Obama administration will allow.

"Some of the ideas advocated by Gov. Romney in 2005 undercut the central idea of welfare reform and not all of them would not be approved under the president’s plan,” Obama campaign policy director James Kvaal said on a conference call.

And...oh no...Romney gave free cars to people on welfare. Can you imagine if Obama suggested that we give people on welfare free cars????

Kvaal also pointed out that Romney supported a program that gave free cars to welfare recipients, much to the chagrin of conservatives.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Nope. Not who you think. In the interest of bi-partisanship, this time it's Mitt Romney and Company who are engaging in spreading lies and inflaming class-warfare. The Administration was attempting to allow States to improve on welfare-funded employment services but the GOP spinmeisters have attempted to distort that plan into allegedly removing any requirement to work.

linkie, dinkie, do...

I'll save the trolls some work: liberals blah, blah, blah... marxists blah, blah, blah, the left blah, blah, blah...

ha, S & F for the blah blah troll.

pretty much anytime i see a campaign commercial i tune it out. i hate KNOWING they are lying to my face, even when its just politician bashing the other candidate.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's all bull# and lies!

We can't even have a presidential election in which the candidates have stark contrasts to their opponents.

Romney was a Democrat that governed as a liberal and now wants to represent the Conservatives.

Obama is a Democrat that is governing like a Republican.

...my head hurts.....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a filthy currency tarnished by greed and corruption that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

These men and women band together in gangs they call political parties in order to conspire together to scam, defraud, and extort money from the American voter and taxpayer.

Democrats and Republicans conspire to amass great personal fortunes during their time in Washington while running our country into the ground.

Every election cycle we have to choose between the lying, thieving, whore mongering Democrat or the lying, thieving, whore mongering Republican.

After every election the headlines scream "REPUBLICANS WIN!" or they scream "DEMOCRATS WIN!". But they never, never, never scream "AMERICANS WIN!". Why is that? It is because when Democrats and Republicans win, Americans get screwed.

The only way Americans are ever going to have an honest government is to quit electing Democrats and Republicans.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf

Let's get a little detail behind this claim and see if it holds water please. Do some critical thinking.
edit on 8-8-2012 by 2XOHsurf because: (no reason given)

Mitt Romney:
"Under Obama’s plan (for welfare), you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check."

PANTS ON FIRE
www.politifact.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yep Mittens sure is lying.

edit on 8-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yes, there are MANY exemptions under Obama's signature that do not qualify for "work" any way you spin it. That has been left out of your cut and past. Look into the details my friend.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'll give the same reply as I did in this thread.

CNN: Obama Ad 'Pretty Outrageous',

Get the money out of Politics and give equal airtime to each candidate.

No money= No ads insulting our intelligence.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

lol priceless Neo!! I'll tell her where the money came from, people's pockets. She might as well stick her hand in her own pocket and give it to herself. Someone needs to tell that woman about the Fed and the Creature From Jekyll Island.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So then mittens can count on your vote now, Right?
Probably not since you are like the lady in the vid, but you got a posting job instead of gas

Just jabbing you playfully, os,
The real point is these guys are too close for comfort. Before it seemed we had a choice between two people, now it seems we have a choice between the left or right hand putting the puzzle pieces in.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

No, I'll be voting for Obama...but it's not big deal if Romney is elected.

They truly are much alike...and Romney was the most sane choice out of the Republican Primary field.

They differ on only a few issues...taxes being one of them and illegal immigration another. I support Obama's position on both of those...which is why I will vote for him.

And really...the election will come down to taxes and who you agree with. Do you agree with Romney...that the wealthy are the ones that need all the tax breaks...or do you agree with Obama...that the middle and lower class benefit more from keeping more of their money????

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

He told the truth in my state. I know of a few other states as well. No one getting a TANF grant is told to get a job.....ever

top topics

join