It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Exposes the Civil War in the U.S(With Robot behind him)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is Senator Bernie Sanders making a great speech about the wealth accumulation of the Elite at the cost of the middle class and how they have accumulated more and more wealth each year since 1970, with actual numbers to back it up. What is even more interesting is the person behind him though... Which seems to have very unnatural head movements(or non-movements most of the time, where he appears frozen in time like a robot), and doesn´t blink once for 15 minutes!

This youtube video below is fairly low quality so the non-blinking might be hard for some to see, but there is a higher quality version available not on youtube, where it is much easier to notice the non-blinking issue... right here www.worldstarhiphop.com...

edit on 8-8-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The speech has been edited. Maybe you're onto something..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
The speech has been edited. Maybe you're onto something..

Speech edited? Not sure about that... And where you able to watch the entire 13 min clip in the 7 minutes it took to for you to reply since i made the post?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The rich has declared class warfare on the poor/middle class. I'm so glad this senator is calling out his Republican colleagues.

It's always nice to see eye opening political videos on worldstarhiphop as well

edit on 8-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I love Bernie, the guy has guts and honesty. When people say we need to tax the rich more they accuse us of class warfare! "Oh no, we can't tax the Job creators!".

Yeah, look how many jobs they've created - in China, India, Indonesia, anyplace but here in the US.
Saunders is right, now most of the wealth is sitting in the accounts of a very few filthy rich and is not circulating in the economy. And if things in the US get nasty well, they will just move to Switzerland, Paraguay or some Pacific island.
Whatever happened to patriotism and caring about your own country?
At what point did money become the end-all of everything?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
what worriers me the most about this video, it is on the net since Dec. 2010, 1.5 Years now!! but has only about 4500 views...

very good speech btw.!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Gee If I had of known I must watch every second of that video before posting, I could have made more effort to watch the video more thoroughly. Unflagged.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So...just let me ask...how much tax is enough??? It just make me laugh, all the you suck if you are rich sentiment that is going on these days. We have in place a PROGRESSIVE tax code. As it stands now we are damn close to 50% of the population NOT paying taxes...yet whining about how much, let's just use Romney as an example, he made his money...it was taxed, he now makes money on the interest on his investments...which is taxed again...I'm not rich, I work my ass off to have the things I want for my family...so again I ask...put a number up...how much is enough???

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I thought this thread was about the lizard robot guy in man skin clothing behind the guy talking.....

Your right....he doesnt blink like at all.....kinda creepy...maybe he's on loan from the DHS?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl
So...just let me ask...how much tax is enough??? It just make me laugh, all the you suck if you are rich sentiment that is going on these days. We have in place a PROGRESSIVE tax code. As it stands now we are damn close to 50% of the population NOT paying taxes...yet whining about how much, let's just use Romney as an example, he made his money...it was taxed, he now makes money on the interest on his investments...which is taxed again...I'm not rich, I work my ass off to have the things I want for my family...so again I ask...put a number up...how much is enough???

IMO, 0% tax would be enough, income tax that is. That way the poor and the rich would get to keep what they earn in their entirety, and government would have to shrink automatically as a concequence. There are still plenty of taxes for stuff other than income taxes which would suffice to pay for a smaller government. And it could all be balanced so the Rich naturally payed more taxes through these "other" means, on their luxury items, while still enjoying a 0% income tax. The Estate tax is one such thing, as are the taxes on owning a luxury yacht or private jets etc.

Basically, IMHO, everything outside the basic needs should be higher taxed, this would restore the balance so that even the poorest would get a decent living and with a 0% income tax there would be little reason to relocate the workforce to china. Besides, it has worked before.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I'd like to point out that this champion of the poor's median net worth in 2010 was $429,004, and with a salary of $175,000 it's unlikely it went down.

www.opensecrets.org

/TOA

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl

The issue isn't about "how much". The issue is about the survival of this nation right now. For decades it's been a rigged system that keeps taking money away from the 90% and funneling it up to the 1-10%, with the .1% getting buried in money as everyone else struggles to stay afloat. Then, when the big money people screwed up and gambled away everyone's money, (and after we gave them trillions to get back on their feet) they insisted that all government budgets get cut (who knows why?] and launched the GOP House and GOP state government austerity mantra, forcing all the private sector contracts to dry up (which wipes put private sector jobs, since the government - at all levels - shops literally everything it does now days out to the private sector - to give small, medium and large companies those contracts that allow them to survive) and tanking tax revenues across the board. Then, the idle investor class bought billions in advertising air time to tell the sheep that Obama's policies are killing their jobs. Then, they handed the rightwing echo machine the talking points that drill that message even deeper to the very people who just lost their jobs because of the ripple effect of federal, state and local government contraction that they caused, and the canceled work contracts that resulted. It was like a staged treasonous attack on America's economic system from within the government itself. A real life inside job.

It's not about "where's the limit on taxes", it's about do any of you people actually give a damn about the USA. From where the rest of us sit, it sure seems like you want our country to collapse. Hell, your politicians won't even allow us to earn our way out of this mess by restoring our basic infrastructure and maintaining a basic level of community security for the people who actually make up the majority of America. It's like your side is at war with America and trying to destroy it from within. Like a virulent disease that we can't fight with established means of dealing with infections.

What is needed is for you people to care enough about the USA to get the GOP conspirators to stop tearing the last bits of the future away from the rest of what is the USA - the 90% who need this government to finally restore this nation's infrastructure, its electrical grid, to pay down the enormous debt that our Treasury incurred when it bailed out those rich people in 2008-2009 (to the tune, so far, of over 7 trillion dollars), and to prevent the last super power on this planet from collapsing into either civil war or outright helplessness.

I know that if this nation doesn't survive the next 10 years, then we'll all know exactly where to look for the blame. Those people can claim to love this nation, but their refusal to allow America to get back on its feet speaks a lot louder than their rallies and threatening TV commercials.
edit on 8/9/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join