It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have engaged The BORG..............Google, Apple assimilated!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Steve Mann is considered by many to be the world’s first cyborg. He has been using wearable computers that assist his vision since the 1970s. Now he wears a display screen over his right eye and is connected to a computer and the Internet.

Will we all be cyborgs soon?
It’s kind of obvious that everyone is moving along that trajectory. What I envisioned back in the 1970s was this thing you would wear as “glass” over your right eye, and you could see the world though that glass. The glass then reconfigures the things you see.

link.........

Will all computer companies make a version of glass?
Yes. There will be Apple Glass, and Google Glass, and RIM Glass. These companies are all working on glass. I think everyone is going to be making glass. I think we’re also going to have a glass war instead of a smartphone war.

This week Apple was also awarded a patent for a “Peripheral treatment for head-mounted displays” that can be used to project an image into someone’s eye.

link......

With Olympus & Apple joining Google in the Wearable Computer concept this could very well be the beginning of the end of "Smartphones" and the next step in our technological evolution. With the advent of technologies such as RFID's and Biometrics, this 'wearable reality interface' would be one step closer to a totally 'hands free' interconnected and 'watched' society.
Although this technology would be 'marketed' to be for our benefit and to protect our interests etc..........................
I can't help but conclude that it would be more for the benefit of others!!!
edit on 8-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Those are really cool. That being said, I don't think I'd jump on that bandwagon. I can see people adopting this technology because of the convenience factor. As it is I already get tired of having to be so attached to my phone. Being even more 'connected' would be tiring I think.

And my paranoid side wouldn't trust what else these devices are doing.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Where's the battery go? What powers them? What kind of talk time do you get? How do you re-charge them?

Yes, a lot of questions. I'll keep my smartphone, thank you very much.

That is WAY too personal for me. Yes, I like my smartphone, but I don't want to wear it. I want to set it down, and step away.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

I can see people adopting this technology because of the convenience factor.

Convenience alright - my missus would be able to track my every move!!!

Seriously though, one could see this tech. eventually being totally incorporated into society - for example, as a parent it would be good to know where the kids are at any stage - a phone can be dropped and lost but attachments such as those outlined would prove more reliable, imo - especially if they were surgically attached. The sky is the limit really.............scary!!!!!

edit on 8-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Yes, a lot of questions. I'll keep my smartphone, thank you very much.

Thats what I said at the introduction of "laptop" computers all those years ago and when we went from analogue to digital phones.

Technological progress has a funny way of incorporating itself into our lives,imo - I hear your comment though.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
an interesting take on this technology that i watched a couple of years ago is the anime Dennou Coil. Very interesting technology. i can't wait for it to come out so i can try it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hello tech? fans !

WILL the users be CLEVER enough to know WHAT to DO
with the device, when DRIVING A VEHICULE on the roads ????

We SEE the cleverness right NOW, with the many
small devices, in the vehiculeS, RIGHT ???

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
But the post makes no sense because Google and Apple i mean the company not the number or the fruit are enemies because they are owned by competing factions of the illuminati and freeMasons. Because everything is owned by the illuminati or the freeMasons or both like ATS. Apple even makes a new thing called Apple Maps like Google Maps except with Apple.

the good doctor

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Hello tech? fans !

WILL the users be CLEVER enough to know WHAT to DO
with the device, when DRIVING A VEHICULE on the roads ????

We SEE the cleverness right NOW, with the many
small devices, in the vehiculeS, RIGHT ???

Blue skies.

i'm pretty sure you're trying to say something else with the odd capps, misspellings etc, however you bring up an awesome possibility for this tech that i would love.

a HUD while driving, letting you see an overlay of say google maps, traffic news like which roads have construction or if there's been an accident on your route. very cool.

top topics

join